Bad.... Bank Robbery Gone Wrong

This is a discussion on Bad.... Bank Robbery Gone Wrong within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; How does a bank full of people not fight back at all when the robbers gun comes completely apart? What a bunch of WBNS 10TV ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad.... Bank Robbery Gone Wrong

Bad.... Bank Robbery Gone Wrong

How does a bank full of people not fight back at all when the robbers gun comes completely apart?

What a bunch of

WBNS 10TV : Robber's Gun Breaks Into Pieces During Holdup - WBNS-10TV, Central Ohio's News Leader

DUBLIN, Ohio — Police and the FBI said that they were searching for a man who dropped his gun into several pieces during a Wednesday robbery.

According to investigators, a man wearing black clothing, a red bandanna and who was waving a gun burst into the First Merit Bank, located at 7490 Sawmill Rd.

Police said that the robber immediately yelled for everyone to get down on the ground.

SLIDESHOW: Bank Surveillance Images

As he vigorously waved the gun, the weapon fell to the floor and broke into several pieces.

According to the FBI, the robber kept yelling at everyone to stay down as he picked the pieces off the ground and put the gun back together again.

Once recomposed, police said that the robber jumped over the teller counter and ordered employees to give him money. The employees complied, opened their drawers and stepped back as the robber took the money, including a dye-pack, and placed it into his bag.

The robber jumped back over the counter and ran away from the bank, police said.

He is described as black, in his 30s, and is 6 feet 1 inch tall with a medium build.

The robbery was the 36th robbery of the year in the Columbus area, compared to 32 at this time last year, according to the FBI.

Anyone with information about the robbery is asked to contact the Columbus Police Robbery Squad at 614-645-4665 or the FBI at 614-744-2168.

Stay with 10TV News and 10TV.com for additional information.
    Mindset - Tactics - Skills - Equipment
    http://www.ingunowners.com
    W9ZEB dot Org

2. Remove Ads

Ya gotta wait for the glue to dry when you build a fake gun
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

That is just crazy. That is the way way people have been brainwashed to act.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Quote Originally Posted by deadeye72 View Post
    I second that statement.... baaaaahhhh
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by deadeye72 View Post
    Is it reall any wonder?

Our schools teach that under no circumstances can you defend yourself.

Our sports teams are awarded the same trophies for last place, just like the first place.

Some places dont even keep score anymore.

Some in Society want you to act like cannon fodder because you are easier to control.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... for the most part we are raising up a nation of pansies.

Those that aren't are in the minority.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Oh my.. I don't want to get involved

He (BG) might get mad if I was to try and stop him. OH my... I'll just burry my head in the sand, and all will be well with the world.

We have to accept the fact that the world is full of and it just goes to show ya, we have to take responsibility for our own safety

Glad no one got hurt!!!! Since a dye pack was placed with the money ...he has nothing for his efforts... We all can say what we should’ve, could’ve, would've done but didn't...Remember our CHL is for Self Defense...He was more concern with the Bank Tellers Money then the folks in the Bank (Based on the article attached) he told everyone to get on the floor...The money is FDIC insured and everyone is safe...The LEO's of that city will grab him..You don't know if an accomplice was there posing as a customer

Quote Originally Posted by IfIhaveto View Post
    ... and everyone is safe...
    And you know this how?

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IfIhaveto View Post
    Glad no one got hurt!!!! Since a dye pack was placed with the money ...he has nothing for his efforts... We all can say what we should’ve, could’ve, would've done but didn't...Remember our CHL is for Self Defense...He was more concern with the Bank Tellers Money then the folks in the Bank (Based on the article attached) he told everyone to get on the floor...The money is FDIC insured and everyone is safe...The LEO's of that city will grab him..You don't know if an accomplice was there posing as a customer
    Maybe it's just the old cop still in me but if a robbery goes down with me present and the BG's gun falls aparts he will get a but that's just me.......
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

Glad everyone's ok, but I think I might have if I was being robbed and the bg's gun fell apart...then I'd compose myself and rightly kick his .
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

I don't care who you are, the BG gun falls apart you are now on a level playing field, especially since he is now outnumbered and alone!

No one to tell the tale but the security camera
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Reminds me of one of those apocryphal stories circulating on the net... BG walks into a bank and yells, "Freeze, motherstickers! This is a f**K up!!!" Everyone including the armed guard burst out laughing... the BG is so embarrassed he runs out of the bank!

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Reminds me of one of those apocryphal stories circulating on the net... BG walks into a bank and yells, "Freeze, motherstickers! This is a f**K up!!!"
    I first heard that one back in the 50's. Joke? TV skit?

After the gun fell apart, threat is immediately gone. No longer about self-defense but about giving a retarded would-be robber an appropriate backside kicking for doing what he attempted
    Last edited by Scott; August 14th, 2008 at 06:00 PM. Reason: profanity

I'm pretty sure in my town at least one person would've been carrying.

I would've kept shooting until he stopped moving. At least I hope that's how I would react. I guess you never know until you're there.
    That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?

http://www.nevadashooters.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links