Dallas LEO Arrested for Aggravated Robbery

Dallas LEO Arrested for Aggravated Robbery

This is a discussion on Dallas LEO Arrested for Aggravated Robbery within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Dallas police officer arrested for aggravated robbery of Sam's Club in Red Bird area of Dallas | Dallas | pegasusnews.com A Dallas police officer planned ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dallas LEO Arrested for Aggravated Robbery

Thumbs down Dallas LEO Arrested for Aggravated Robbery

Dallas police officer arrested for aggravated robbery of Sam's Club in Red Bird area of Dallas | Dallas | pegasusnews.com
    A Dallas police officer planned and carried out the late June robbery of a Red Bird-area Sam's Club with two other men, according to court records obtained by The Dallas Morning News.

Officer Alph Coleman was arrested Tuesday evening on suspicion of aggravated robbery. When investigators spoke to him Tuesday, he refused to answer questions about the June 27 robbery of the Sam's Club in the 2900 block of West Wheatland Road.

Alph Coleman Another man, who police say drove the getaway car, was arrested and released Monday on $30,000 bail on one count of conspiracy to commit robbery and unlawful possession of a firearm by a felon. Police asked that his name be withheld pending the arrest of a third suspect who is believed to be the gunman.

Police say the getaway driver was behind the wheel of Officer Coleman's civilian car. They also obtained cellphone records showing that Officer Coleman called the driver several times just before the gunman entered the store.

The suspicions of police investigators were immediately aroused after the June 27 robbery, in part because the unnamed gunman in the robbery didn't take Officer Coleman's weapon.

Initial police reports, interviews and an arrest warrant affidavit give the following account:

The gunman entered the store wearing black clothes, a black ski mask and blue latex gloves. He was armed with a revolver. He "ran towards Suspect Coleman with a gun in his hand, grabbed Suspect Coleman and seemingly overpowered him but did not disarm him."

Officer Coleman told police that the man held a gun to his head and threatened to kill him. The gunman and Officer Coleman walked to the vault area and tried to enter it but couldn't because store employees barricaded the door.

The gunman then walked Officer Coleman to the front of the store, out the door and to a parking lot near a grassy area. Officer Coleman told investigators that he "attempted to grab the gun of the unknown suspect. He stated they grappled over the gun and the unknown suspect shot at him twice," according to the affidavit.

Officer Coleman told investigators that the gunman shot him in his bulletproof vest.

He also said he fired his gun three times at the man, who he said fled through an apartment complex.

Investigators quickly determined that Officer Coleman's vest had not been hit by a bullet. They also were suspicious because the gunman never tried to take any cash from the registers as he walked Officer Coleman through the store.

The witness who saw the two men outside also told police that the gunman did not fire his weapon as Officer Coleman described, but that Officer Coleman fired his a few seconds later. Video surveillance also showed that Officer Coleman did not fall where he said he had.

During questioning, the man who police say drove the getaway car – convicted on a 1989 murder charge and later released – said that he, Officer Coleman and the gunman had planned the robbery together.

Police officials said Officer Coleman, hired in 2004, had no prior disciplinary history.
    There really isn't anything much worse than people like 'suspect Coleman'. To betray a trust like he did is unforgivable. I hope he enjoys his time in jail.

It sure does make it hard on the GG's when the BG's are wearing uniforms.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Bad dude... Glad he was caught! If left to continue, no doubt his criminal enterprise would have expanded and grown.

I wonder if there was any drug component in the motivation of this robbery?
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

concicted on a 1989 murder charge and later released
    How is this possible?
    I hope this cop get what he deserves for betraying the trust of the public.
    NRA Member

I think that folks like Coleman should get double or triple the penalty that the law provides personally. He is on the payroll and has taken an oath to protect the public against people like himself.

It is just very hard to comprehend. Kinda makes the cop wanting free Starbucks coffee look like a boy scout, although both are poor excuses for human beings in my book.

I am just glad that the most all the cops out there are still good guys.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

This just goes to show that sometimes bad guys slip thru the cracks during the hiring process,but if this cop planned this robbery he wasn't the smartest cookie in the cracker box,all the inconsistencies in his story makes me wanta laugh,you think your gonna claim you were shot in your vest and there would be no evidence to support it.What a moron
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

By no means am I justifying the action. Because I agree one hundred and ten percent that they should lock him up and throw away the key. This is on the same level of child molesters who victimize their own children. I'm not trying to minimize the crime of child molestation, it is just a doubly and triply shameful thing to violate somebody or people who have put a great deal of trust in you.

However I should note that it is my understanding that in reality they do throw the books at guys like this. And that is because of the public outcry for justice. As it should be.

I do like how the article refers to him as 'suspect Coleman'. You don't see that in too many articles. I'm just glad this guy is off the streets and off the force. If he helped plan an armed robbery, there is no telling how many other things he has done and gotten away with.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

His life is ruined, and his future is going to get a lot tougher.

There are dirtbags in every walk of life...they're still all dirtbags.

What goes around...comes around.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

It is because of reports like this, and many others, that it bewilders me how some believe that the police are the only ones responsible enough to remain armed.

I hate to say it but statistic wise while LEO's are a cut above the average Joe Citizen they are still human, and are subject to the same down falls as other humans.

Money, Sex, Drugs, or the pursuit thereof
    Last edited by tns0038; August 14th, 2008 at 02:30 PM. Reason: error on my part

Senior Member Array bluelineman's Avatar
    My uncle is retired Dallas LEO. Whenever I would read a news story about a cop screwing up, he usually said they were a known POS that finally got caught.

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelineman View Post
    My uncle is retired Dallas LEO. Whenever I would read a news story about a cop screwing up, he usually said they were a known POS that finally got caught.
    Uh, did he mention why they were not removed sooner if they were known?

He was a wolf in sheepdoog's clothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillep Harding View Post
    Uh, did he mention why they were not removed sooner if they were known?
    Just because it's common knowledge among your peers that someone is no good doesn't mean they have proof or evidence of things that would cost them their job.

I think that's what Bluelineman's retired uncle was probably referring to.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I hope he gets yard time with a few inmates he happened to incarcerate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links