Arlington Texas - Man Killed In His Home

This is a discussion on Arlington Texas - Man Killed In His Home within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This happened less than a mile from me in my neighborhood. Being home doesn't mean you or your loved ones are safe. ALWAYS CARRY! Article: ...

Thread: Arlington Texas - Man Killed In His Home

Arlington Texas - Man Killed In His Home

This happened less than a mile from me in my neighborhood. Being home doesn't mean you or your loved ones are safe. ALWAYS CARRY!

Article: Arlington's Little League community and friends pay tribute to Paul Bowman II | Arlington | Star-Telegram.com

Photos: Star-Telegram.com |

Arlington's Little League community and friends pay tribute to Paul Bowman II

By MITCH MITCHELL
    mitchmitchell@star-telegram.com

ARLINGTON Hours before he was killed on Sunday, Paul Bowman II was resting from his overnight data-processing job for Bank of America.

His wife and two sons left their south Arlington residence in the 900 block of Tennis Villa Drive and went shopping so Bowman could have some quiet.

When Bowmans family returned around 1:30 p.m., they found him beaten to death and their home in disarray, police said. Bowmans wife, Martha, was sedated and placed under a doctors care, family members said.

Police continue to investigate.

"It was murder," said Paul Bowman Sr., Bowmans father. Martha "came home and found him with all his money and everything he owned all around him. He was hit twice in the head."

Martha Bowman, her two children and several members of the Bowman family stood with more than 300 friends at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday on the Green Field at Cravens Park, where they honored the way Bowman lived his life.

Many of those surrounding home plate were the children who played Little League baseball with Bowmans children, or were members of the team he coached, or players who participated in the games he umpired, or parents who purchased goods from the concession stand he manned.

"This family has had its stability ripped out from underneath it, and they could use our help," said Bob Ritter, one of the coaches with the Southeast Arlington Little League.

Bowman was described as the consummate father, not just to his own children, but for children in the entire neighborhood. "We would joke around with him a lot," said Lance LeVan, Southeast Arlington Little League president. "Wed tell him to go home.  . . .  But late at night, hed still be there, doing whatever he could for the kids."[/quote]
    Mr. President: They didn't die for open borders.

If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you are reading it in English, thank a soldier.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    I have been watching this story. I think there is more to this than meets the eye. Sounds kind of strange to be beat to death while napping in the day time.
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

Senior Member Array digitalexplr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    I have been watching this story. I think there is more to this than meets the eye. Sounds kind of strange to be beat to death while napping in the day time.
    Definitely some unanswered questions here. What appears to have been the motive? Robbery? Doesn't sound like it since the story says his money and belongs where strewn around him.

Could have been a random act of violence, they do happen. But far to many open questions to make a determination at this point.

Prayers for his family. They are going to need them.

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    I agree. The fact that nothing appears to have been taken also seems odd but it still raises the pucker factor knowing this happened so close to home.

UPDATE: He was 50 years old. Here is the article on the Dallas Morning News site:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...1.4d64509.html
    Last edited by Fixintu; August 13th, 2008 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Added age and link
    Mr. President: They didn't die for open borders.

If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you are reading it in English, thank a soldier.

Maybe he was sleeping with one of the little league kids' mother and the father found out. Having a night job means he could take a sick day and spend the night with some other woman and the wife would never know.

I suspect something like that happened.
    That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?

http://www.nevadashooters.com

I think speculating as to whether he as cheating on his wife or was a pedohpile is pretty ridiculous at this point. There is very little information in the article and appears that the police have very little in the way of leads.

Maybe somone wanted him to hack into the banks computer system and steal money for them electronically and he refused, that again is pretty ignorant to assume since we know nothing about the guy or the actual events, but is just as plausible as the pervert or cheater thoughts.

All I can say now is that I hope his family and children are able to deal with the loss of their father and can get on with their lives.

Maybe those that are local will be able to fill us in with actual details of the case as they develop instead of getting involved with lots of speculation.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

seems likely that a potential robber saw the family leave and didn't think he would still be in there. the scuffle and death may have cause the robber to flee rather than stick around to take valubles.

speculations about the mans character can be pretty insulting to the family especially if he is completely innocent of any wrong doing.
    "An armed society is a polite society" - Robert A. Heinlein

The cops aren't tell you everything, and for a very good reason. We'll hear more about this in time.

I agree the robber could have seen the car leave and assumed the house was empty,during the struggle it's possible his wallet was knocked out and money fell out or he may of been handing his wallet to the guy and then decided to try to attack him whereupon the robber beat him to death,It also depends where he was sleeping,it's possible if they didn't lock their doors the BG just walked in and started burglarising the home carrying sturff to front room and stacking it before he took it out,hubby hears a noise and goes upstairs or comes out of wherever he was napping and discovers burglar whereupon a fight ensues and hubby is killed
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by mojust View Post
    The cops aren't tell you everything, and for a very good reason. We'll hear more about this in time.
    Think your right.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

Links