11-Year-Old Boy Arrested in Dramatic Gun Shop Heist

This is a discussion on 11-Year-Old Boy Arrested in Dramatic Gun Shop Heist within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; 11-Year-Old Boy Among 5 Arrested in Dramatic Gun Shop Heist Wednesday, August 20, 2008 Collingdale Police Department This stash shows some of the 14 semiautomatic ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 11-Year-Old Boy Arrested in Dramatic Gun Shop Heist

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar

11-Year-Old Boy Arrested in Dramatic Gun Shop Heist

11-Year-Old Boy Among 5 Arrested in Dramatic Gun Shop Heist
    Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Collingdale Police Department

This stash shows some of the 14 semiautomatic weapons and 250 rounds of ammunition stolen in a gun store heist by four teens and an 11-year-old boy.
    This stash shows some of the 14 semiautomatic weapons and 250 rounds of ammunition stolen in a gun store heist by four teens and an 11-year-old boy.
    An 11-year-old boy whose mother thought he was asleep in bed was arrested for allegedly breaking into a gun shop with a boulder and stealing 14 semiautomatic weapons and 250 rounds of ammunition.

The boy, who wasn't named, and four teenagers attempted to pull off the dramatic heist of the Suburban Armory in the Philadelphia suburb of Collingdale, according to Collingdale Police Chief Robert Adams.

Among the others in the posse: a 15-year-old and a 16-year-old boy, who also weren't identified; 18-year-old Khalik Keyser of Chester, Pa., and 19-year-old Leroy Taylor of Philadelphia.

They traveled on public transportation to the gun store, gaining entry at about 11:45 p.m. Monday by disabling the alarm system and hurling a boulder through a window, police said.

The five filled allegedly stole 14 semiautomatic weapons, about 250 rounds of ammunition and the shop owner's loaded .38-caliber handgun that they stuffed into school backpacks.

But their plan didn't include a getaway car, according to the Philadelphia Daily News. Two of the suspects were caught at a nearby pizzeria and another two at a bus stop. The 11-year-old was nabbed on a bus that got stuck in traffic.

No one was hurt in the attempted burglary, and all five are still in custody, Adams told FOXNews.com. Keyser is behind bars on $200,000 cash bail and Taylor is in jail on 10 percent of $200,000 bail. The two have been charged with burglary, criminal trespass, theft and other offenses.

Keyser has a criminal history and is on probation after pleading guilty in 2005 to attempted murder and weapons charges in Philadelphia, according to the Daily News.

The 11-year-old and the other two teens will likely not be charged as adults, according to Adams.

"All three juveniles will probably stay in juvenile court," Adams said. "There was no violence committed, and no one was hurt. It was an empty building."

I thinking
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

2. Remove Ads

Oy. I bought my first-ever gun there.

Okay, three things...they threw a boulder through a window? I guess that sounds more 'dramatic' than rock???

And why the is a kid out on probation when he plead guilty to attempted murder and weapons charges just 3 years ago?

And I'm not so sure what is 'dramatic' about using a rock to break a window of an unoccupied building.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Administrator
    Leroy and the boys have clearly demonstrated that they are no good, away they go for good.
    "Just blame Sixto"

What morons. No getaway car, arrived via public transportation, throwing a "boulder" through the window (good call on that one Kerb).

a 19 and 18 year old hanging with an 11 year old (did they really think he wouldn't talk if nabbed?)

Too bad we don't have canning here, that would teach that 11 year old a lesson.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    What morons. Too bad we don't have canning here, that would teach that 11 year old a lesson.
    Actually Paco.......I think mom just needs to jerk down his little jeans and wear out his bottom. We have to much time out and not enough Knock-out. I ain't talking about abuse........just little bg attention.
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

What kind of signal do you send to a kid who is convicted of attempted murder and can walk around free in less than three years. Let's see what kind of deal he'll get now
    NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Actually Paco.......I think mom just needs to jerk down his little jeans and wear out his bottom. We have to much time out and not enough Knock-out. I ain't talking about abuse........just little bg attention.
    Come on now, we can't have parents out there whippin their kids. It squelches their personality and stifles their creativity.

Think of it, if this kid had been spanked as much as it appears he needed to be, he would have not had the creativity to take a bus to a robbery with no plan on getting back, and would have never thought to use a rock to get in the window.

I can tell you if my kid ever did this, he would be tore up from the floor up. But then again, I teach my kids to respect others and their property and to obey the laws of the land in which they live, not to mention my rules as well.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    Come on now, we can't have parents out there whippin their kids. It squelches their personality and stifles their creativity.
    What was I thinking.......

I also noticed there is no mention of DAD. He needs a good where ever he is.
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

how did they disable the alarm ,the oldest of the bunch was 18... i couldnt take out the alarm of a gun store when i was 18... i can barely work my neighbors alarm to get in while they are on vacation to walk their dog.....
    NREMT-B

"Dead is dead"
    "Yea, till we show up with jumper cables and drugs to debate it"

i find it ironic that they had the intelligence to disable the alarm system but the best way they could figure to gain entry was to throw a rock through the window.
    Last edited by MRPOWER; August 21st, 2008 at 09:11 PM.
    when I leave this Earth, It's gonna be on both feet; NEVER KNEES IN THE DIRT

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    Sad state of our society.Kids spending more time learning how to commit crimes than to learn to read.Dam shame!

The only education these 'kids' have received is that the juvenile justice system is a joke.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

I know that I must be 'cold-hearted', but each of these little thugs, including the 11 year old, deserve prison.
    If you want to rob like a man...you pay like a man!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Well, 250 rnd for 14 guns is not nearly enough. 250 for 1 gun, that's a better ratio. They obviously had no idea what they were doing.
    -Biker

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links