UGLY: Self-Defense Killing @ Drug Deal

This is a discussion on UGLY: Self-Defense Killing @ Drug Deal within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Original story. Man shot to death Tuesday was robbing someone when he was killed By Alexis Huicochea Arizona Daily Star Tucson, Arizona | Published: 08.21.2008 ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UGLY: Self-Defense Killing @ Drug Deal

Original story.

Man shot to death Tuesday was robbing someone when he was killed
    By Alexis Huicochea
    Arizona Daily Star
    Tucson, Arizona | Published: 08.21.2008

A 20-year-old man who was shot to death outside of a Midtown apartment complex Tuesday was robbing someone when he was killed, court documents show.
    Wayne Anthony Johnson and Jonathan A. Mantzaridis, 32, were involved in a heroin drug deal that went bad outside of a complex in the 2800 block of North Mountain Avenue shortly after noon.
    The shooter has not been located but Mantzaridis and two other women have been arrested in connection with the slaying, Tucson police said.
    Mantzaridis was arrested on a charge of first-degree murder. By law, a person can be arrested under the felony murder rule if a death occurs during the commission of another felony.
    He admitted to police that he participated in arranging the drug deal, according to an interim complaint. Another court document states that he has a history of violent behavior, drug use and alcohol abuse.
    Meghann E. Allen, 22, was arrested on charges of hindering prosecution and possession of a narcotic drug ó heroin.
    Allen removed the heroin from Johnsonís body after the shooting, according to an interim complaint.
    Candice M. Devor, 27, was also arrested on a charge of hindering prosecution.
    Police say she removed a cell phone from Johnsonís body after the shooting because the phone belonged to a suspect, an interim complaint said. She lied about having the cell phone and about her knowledge of the circumstances surrounding the shooting, police said.
    The phone was found on her body.
    According to online court records, all three suspects have been arrested in past on various charges.
    Mantzaridis has been arrested previously on charges of assault, threatening, disorderly conduct, possession of drug paraphernalia, aggravated assault, criminal trespass and a marijuana violation amongst other things.
    Allen has faced charges of criminal damage, disorderly conduct, possession of drug paraphernalia and contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
    Devor has been arrested on disorderly conduct, assault, shoplifting and possession of drug paraphernalia.
    Mantzaridis and Devor remained in the Pima County jail Thursday.

Well, it's muddled; story still developing. Looks like a drug deal interrupted by a robbery. Drug dealer kills robber... charged with felony murder. One BG dead, other BG charged with murder... could be worse, eh?
    "War necessarily brings with it some virtues, and great and heroic virtues too. What horrid creatures we men are, that we cannot be virtuous without murdering one another?" -John Adams

Looks like the guy suppose to be buying the heroin tried to rob the dealer and the dealer killed him.This is not self defense due to the fact that they were engaged in committing a felony at the time of the shooting
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Looks like the guy suppose to be buying the heroin tried to rob the dealer and the dealer killed him.This is not self defense due to the fact that they were engaged in committing a felony at the time of the shooting

I agree .......either way BG loses.
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

Yeah, one of the foundations of Justifiable Self Defense is that you had to have a legal right to be where you were in the first place. In the middle of a drug deal is not the place where I would want to test out my states Self Defense laws.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

They are all dirtbags and the two chicks should be tried for felony murder as well! I certainly don't have any use for them walking the streets after their little hand slaps. JMHO!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Darn

Too bad they didn't all shoot each other. Or am I insensitive?

Too bad they all weren't armed. They could have shot each other simultaneously and saved taxpayers the cost of a trial.

Dirtbags doing away with other dirtbags...there must be some kind of government subsidy for a more extensive program like that......I'd sacrifice some tax dollars for further support.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

cj
    So is this one of the incidents where the Brady Campaign marks it as a 'child killed by firearms'? Seems a 20-year-old falls within THEIR definition of a child...

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by cj View Post
    So is this one of the incidents where the Brady Campaign marks it as a 'child killed by firearms'? Seems a 20-year-old falls within THEIR definition of a child...
    it IS their definintion of a child. Anyone 21 or under.

also, Hillary's definition.

Had all 3 of them drawn and fired, killing each other at the same time, it would be logged down as "Three more innocent children killed by handgun violence."by the Brady Bunch.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Yeah, I actually went to edit the title to say, "Robber Killed @ Drug Deal" but you can't edit titles, alas.
    "War necessarily brings with it some virtues, and great and heroic virtues too. What horrid creatures we men are, that we cannot be virtuous without murdering one another?" -John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Dirtbags doing away with other dirtbags...there must be some kind of government subsidy for a more extensive program like that......I'd sacrifice some tax dollars for further support.
    Retsup99 you are hilarious LOL

Kimber Pro CDP II

"Though defensive violence will always be 'a sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." St. Augustine A.D. 354-430

Poorly written article; it doesn't even tell us who was killed! Since the girl took the heroin from "Johnson's body," are we to assume that Johnson's was the corpse? The other girl removed a cell phone from Johnson's body, supporting the previous conclusion. Then it says the phone was found on her body; are they telling us she died, too? Wouldn't it have been better to write that the phone was found in her possession? I find it hard to believe that the paper's editor didn't send this one back for a rewrite. Anyway, it sounds like a lot of drug scum are going down on various charges.

Somehow or another, I'm sure it's the fault of 'da man'.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links