Better Than Pizza Hut

Better Than Pizza Hut

This is a discussion on Better Than Pizza Hut within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; From this month's American Rifleman: An employee of Chanellos Pizza was making a delivery when five juveniles sprang from the residence and began assaulting him, ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Better Than Pizza Hut

Better Than Pizza Hut

From this month's American Rifleman:

An employee of Chanellos Pizza was making a delivery when five juveniles sprang from the residence and began assaulting him, allegedly laughing and enjoying their attack. The deliveryman tried to run away, but the suspects wouldn't let him. Fearing the onslaught would continue until he was dead, the deliveryman drew his handgun and shot one of the suspects several times. The wounded suspect and his accomplices were arrested at the hospital. Unlike the incident involving a Pizza Hut deliveryman reported in July, the Chanellos deliveryman has his employer's full support. "I'm glad he did have a gun," said John Campbell, owner of Chanellos Pizza. "He might have been killed if he didn't." Campbell gave the deliveryman time off to recover. (The Daily Reflector, Greenville, NC, 6/19/08)
    One of the delivery guys was beat to death at a pizza shop where my friend worked in Buffalo about 10 years ago, so it does happen.
    That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?

http://www.nevadashooters.com

Good for him! Sensible employer.

Amen.

Better than Dominos?
    Must be...he delivered the lead in less than 30 minutes.

(Beats police or court delivery time.)
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Excellent! Good for him..
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes."
    --Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array lacrosse50's Avatar
    It's always nice to see an employer support their employees, and even better when they support concealed carry!
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    -Herbert Spencer

NRA Life Member

VIP Member

Attacks on pizza delivery guys/we had neighbors

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Good for him! Sensible employer.
    Twenty years ago I lived in a different house, different neighborhood. It was O.K., and not the sort of place you'd expect to have thugs for neighbors, but we did. It was a middle class neighborhood with a few scattered houses that were HUD controlled. But, these were nice homes, not slummy places.

The couple in the next house over were hard working people. They owned their house, or at least the right to pay the mortgage. Their two older teens, who I thought were O.K., turned out to be thugs. (They seemed nice on the outside, even gave me a ride one time when my car broke down at the local mall.)

One morning a bike was stolen from our open garage, and it had to have been these two guys; though that is just a hunch. Maybe it was their friends.

A few weeks later, both were arrested for armed robbery of a pizza delivery man.

There was another teenage boy who lived across the street, and who we trusted to play with our kid. He seemed a nice kid. About a year after we moved from that block, he was arrested for armed robbery of a customer at a Taco bell.

Something in the water? I feel sorry for the parents, and for the wasted life of the boy we befriended.

So yes, it happens. It is hard to imagine what gets into these kids (if the behavior isn't drug driven) to make them act out that way. These were not the poorest of the poor. They could have gone to school and made something of themselves.

I'd like to order a pizza and some wings from that place...
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    So yes, it happens. It is hard to imagine what gets into these kids (if the behavior isn't drug driven) to make them act out that way. They could have gone to school and made something of themselves.
    Drugs and the drug culture.

Do they deliver to TX? Great for the delivery guy and for the Manager.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

I'd be proud to order from Chanellos Pizza, but I bet it would arrive rather cold.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Chanello's Pizza, 1414 Charles Blvd, Greenville, NC.

If I'm in the area, I will stop in. There are far too few honorable establishments with sensible leadership that believes protection of its people comes first. Good for them both!
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I used to get Chanello's when I lived in Richmond, their pizzas weren't great, but convenient. Since boycotting Pizza Hut, finding a non-anti pizza place is cool. I'm sorry the poor driver had to go through what he did, but he came out ALIVE. Good on his manager.
    Vis consili expers mole ruit sua.
    -Horace

Instead of several shots in one perp I wish he would of divided them among all the perps,Time to send a message,If they think beating up somebody is a good time they need to get the spanking they should of got years ago too bad they may be fatal today
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by Guns and more View Post
    Drugs and the drug culture.
    Wake up! it is not the drugs, drug culture, MTV, movies or video games.

It's parenting and the touchy feelies that say time out is better than a whippin'!
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links