Don't bring a fake Ak47 to a gun fight!

This is a discussion on Don't bring a fake Ak47 to a gun fight! within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Gee, I was sure I could rip this drug dealer off!!! Robber shot to death by intended victim had fake AK-47 - San Jose Mercury ...

Thread: Don't bring a fake Ak47 to a gun fight!

Ex Member Array HollowpointHank's Avatar

Gee, I was sure I could rip this drug dealer off!!!

Robber shot to death by intended victim had fake AK-47 - San Jose Mercury News

Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

I don't even know what to say about this one. I bet it was obviuous it was a toy gun, the dude forgot to plug the hole where you fill it with water; dead giveaway!

"Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

From a practical standpoint....can a drug dealer claim self-defense if he killed someone in the commission of a crime (drug dealing). Isn't this what the antis talk about in regards to Castle Doctrine, whereby you are not charged with murder if you are threatened?
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Wow!!! How time has changed...I moved from Antioch, CA in 2002... When the Dot com companies started to fade...Brentwood / Antioch WAS like "Pleasantville" (The Movie) streets were clear by 7pm, No noise, block parties for the Boys & Girls Scouts, Soccer Moms...35miles outside of Oakland...LEO response time was like 2-5min. Well I don't think he should get off with self defense since he was a Street Pharmacist...Also I wonder if the gun he used was a legal carry (CHL) I doubt it...being that he's in CA.

If he was selling drugs doesn’t that make this a felony homicide?
    And if not why?

I think the DA will rule against self defense since his "self defense" was made as a result of a felony act.

I say throw the book at him.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    From a practical standpoint....can a drug dealer claim self-defense if he killed someone in the commission of a crime (drug dealing). Isn't this what the antis talk about in regards to Castle Doctrine, whereby you are not charged with murder if you are threatened?
    That is what should happen if the law applies in that jurisdiction.... or the cops have some sort of C.I. agreement with the defendant.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Self Defense would not apply since he was involved in a felony act at the time of the shooting,I believe he will be charged with a lesser charge like voluntary manslaughter or second degree murder sometthing along those lines
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

After reading the article apparently the cops aren't charging the dealer saying it was self defense but the guy that set the robbery up is being charged with the murder,But it looks like the drug dealer will be charged with drug charges after the DA reviews the case.Kinda surprises me since they were involved in committing a crime when the robbery occurred,I would assume that the DA would point out if the guy wasn't dealing drugs the situation wouldn't of been presented for the robbery
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I suppose it seemed like a good idea at the time......
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post

as with a lot of these situations....it all depends on the state law
    here in Texas that situation would NOT qualify for justifiable self defense since he was committing a crime, the drugs
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Sponsored Links