Seattle Police Charged With Shooting Hells Angel

This is a discussion on Seattle Police Charged With Shooting Hells Angel within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by BikerRN Again, you need to brush up on your laws. Many states forbid the carrying of weapons in places that serve alcohol ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Seattle Police Charged With Shooting Hells Angel

Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    Again, you need to brush up on your laws. Many states forbid the carrying of weapons in places that serve alcohol for concealed carriers. LEOSA overrides that and allows concealed carry in such places unless the private property owner forbids it.
    I routinely carry in restaurants that serve alcohol, but I can't drink when I do. Concealed Weapons Permit Holders commit a felony by setting foot in the establishment with their weapon on their person.

Not trying to pick on you, just pointing out a few facts that you may not be aware of.

Biker
    Here we have yet another law that even LEO don't understand.

And it directly relates to THEM.
    Sean
    XD 9SC | XD 45ACP Service | XD 45ACP Compact |Borealis
    "You may know where you are. God may know where you are. If you don't tell your dispatcher where you are, you'd better be on speaking terms with God!"

2. Remove Ads

.....later after he was accused of threatening to shoot a Tacoma restaurant manager.....resulted with a letter in Smith's file.
    ================================================

Gee a letter in his file, oh boy does that stay on his 'permanent record'

Quote Originally Posted by XD in SC View Post
    Here we have yet another law that even LEO don't understand.

And it directly relates to THEM.
    XD, I am not a LEO. I was a dispatcher. I used to get paid to tell the cops where to go! LEOSA doesn't apply to me so I never really bothered to study it. I would expect Biker to be much more familiar with it than I am.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    Concealed Weapons Permit Holders commit a felony by setting foot in the establishment with their weapon on their person.

Biker
    That may be true in your state, but I'm reasonably sure it is not the case in all states. Can't drink. True. Set foot in, not true.

It Kansas the relatively new law was modified so that now a bar has to be posted to prevent a CCL holder from entering. If he doesn't drink, he is good to go. I am not 100% sure. I'll check later but now it is bedtime.

Quote Originally Posted by Puppy View Post
    That may be true in your state, but I'm reasonably sure it is not the case in all states. Can't drink. True. Set foot in, not true.

It Kansas the relatively new law was modified so that now a bar has to be posted to prevent a CCL holder from entering. If he doesn't drink, he is good to go. I am not 100% sure. I'll check later but now it is bedtime.

Yes, I was using my state as an "example".

The point I was trying to make though is that the prohibitions on concealed carry by any state, county, city or other local government is null and void except on government property as it pertains to LEOSA.

Biker

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Yet another reason NOT to go to Sturgis...but I still love my Harley!
    Strurgis has become a tourist attraction crawling with RUBS. Nothing worst than a pack of wanna bees and week end warriors playing 1%er. In some respects it was safer back in the day when there were no LEO. What few rules there were was created by the clubs and enforced by the clubs. Now a days most of those RUBs don't even ride there. They bring the bike on a truck or RV, park the truck and ride the last few miles into town. Tailor queens are truly pathetic IMO. I mean really whats the point 95% of the adventure is riding your bike across this great nation of ours to be there. SO you have stories to tell over your beer. Instead the yuppie scum park their trucks than try to go play outlaw not knowing the rules and wonder why their face gets broken. How sad to bad cant play with the big boys they should stay out of town, again JMHO. Went once a few years ago and did not stay it was that disgusting. Saw more than a few who drove over their brand new leathers and dragged them behind their truck to give em that "authentic look" disgusting. My new leathers are over 20 years old and the only time a truck has ever driven over them I was in them, wearing them. Other than that once I have not been in decades. It's sad to see what it has become even though I don't live that life anymore

On topic this officers prior conduct is not that uncommon for the Seattle Tacoma area. Back in the late 70s the Pierce County (Tacoma) Sherif Janovich (sp?) was indicted and convicted on federal racketeering charges along with Carbone. The whole police department was in affect soldiers for the Mafia. They controlled all the drug trafficking prostitution and illegal gambling. The operation extended all the way to Asia where they soaked Persian rugs in opium and heroin and than shipped here to Washington. There is a small historical town Stelicom that used to reek of opium from their boiling the opium out of the rugs. Segment of that old guard still exist and of course new variants have evolved over the years. Hence, an SPD who plays outlaw biker, with a history of misconduct. If you are going to roast me fine, I just posted a bit history. If that truth offends you so be it . That is not to say that there are many probably most LEO in the area are stand up law enforcement who live up to their oath.
    Sorry for the typos and grammer errors I missed it is 3:30 AM and I should be sleeping will fix them in the AM if I am able
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

LongRider:

You're right. Back in the day it was a different Ball Game, and safer for all concerned. Now, as you said, it's RUB's playing like being a 1%'er.

Take care, stay safe and keep the metal side up.

Biker

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    XD, I am not a LEO. I was a dispatcher. I used to get paid to tell the cops where to go! LEOSA doesn't apply to me so I never really bothered to study it. I would expect Biker to be much more familiar with it than I am.
    This was not directed at anyone, just a statement.
    Sean
    XD 9SC | XD 45ACP Service | XD 45ACP Compact |Borealis
    "You may know where you are. God may know where you are. If you don't tell your dispatcher where you are, you'd better be on speaking terms with God!"

LongRider, I am right there with you.

The motorcycle clubs police their own. I too did Sturgis once and never again. Way too many trailer queens, weekend warriors, and wannabe yuppie .

On topic, I agree, that was a combination of bad juju. Smith needs to roast, the rest need a good smack upside the head.

Administrative paid leave...gimme a break. I screw up and have to sit at home waiting for the powers that be to figure out my future, I get to watch the bills pile up.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

What is a RUBS?

Quote Originally Posted by ntkb View Post
    What is a RUBS?
    It's Biker "slang" for the wannabe's. Rich Urban Biker

They go buy all the gear and "pose" at being a real biker. A real biker rides a Schwinn 3-Speed with a Bananna Seat. :sarcasm:

Biker

Last edited by bzdog; September 17th, 2008 at 10:41 AM.

Unreal
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post

Unreal
    you seem surprised. Because?
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links