Seattle Police Charged With Shooting Hells Angel

This is a discussion on Seattle Police Charged With Shooting Hells Angel within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I have already been clipped once for a forum rule violation in this thread referencing those that belong to "Clubs" outside of work. Anything else ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Seattle Police Charged With Shooting Hells Angel

I have already been clipped once for a forum rule violation in this thread referencing those that belong to "Clubs" outside of work.

Anything else I have to say on this subject after reading the follow up articles...

Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

2. Remove Ads

Following is a quote from this article, Not-guilty pleas to gun charges from bzdogs post ...

The law [LEOSA], however, doesn't supersede state laws permitting private entities to prohibit concealed firearms on their property or local or state restrictions on firearms in any government "installation, building, base, or park." South Dakota state law prohibits carrying a gun into a bar.

"The LEOSA contains certain exceptions under which the law enforcement officer is not protected," Meade County State's Attorney Jesse Sondreal said Tuesday. "We feel that South Dakota's prohibition against carrying concealed weapons in bars is tantamount to one of those exceptions."
    Unless the bar was visibly posted no CCW by the owner, or was owned and operated by a government entity, I don't see the logic here ...

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by nikdfish View Post
    Following is a quote from this article, Not-guilty pleas to gun charges from bzdogs post ...

The law [LEOSA], however, doesn't supersede state laws permitting private entities to prohibit concealed firearms on their property or local or state restrictions on firearms in any government "installation, building, base, or park." South Dakota state law prohibits carrying a gun into a bar.

"The LEOSA contains certain exceptions under which the law enforcement officer is not protected," Meade County State's Attorney Jesse Sondreal said Tuesday. "We feel that South Dakota's prohibition against carrying concealed weapons in bars is tantamount to one of those exceptions."

Unless the bar was visibly posted no CCW by the owner, or was owned and operated by a government entity, I don't see the logic here ...

Nick
    The question will be if LEOSA supersedes South Dakota's prohibition against carrying concealed weapons in bars. My beef is not with LEOSA and would even go so far as I see no problem with carrying in the bar other than I think LEOSA should apply to all Americans but that is a different thread.
    My problem is with this specific officers history as a jerk off. I would not be surprised to learn that his alligator mouth over loaded his banty rooster behind. Thereby by starting the fight even if he did not throw the first blow.
    I mean really if you are in a biker bar and talk crap about a Hells Angel what do you think is going to happen? My guess is he used his knowledge of the law to provoke manipulate a fight so he could shoot a Hells Angel for his weekend warrior street creds.
    It is actually one of the problems I have with our current assault laws. IMO the law should recognize that some behavior and words warrant getting your face broken. The other is that IMO two guys pounding on each other is a fight not an assault. Assault is when you are putting the boots to the guy on the ground or your buddies join in. But that is only an opinion I obey the law.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

I predict the officers will be exonerated of charges in the end. What we have, now that the onion has been peeled, is a state case against a federal law they find objectionable. The fireman, unfortunately, will bear a brunt we most likely otherwise wouldn't have to.

One of the easier reading LEOSA FAQs, courtesy of the FOP:
    http://www.fop.net/legislative/issue...8/hr218faq.pdf

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_Enf...ers_Safety_Act
    God, country, family.

My oh my how the story has changed from the initial reports.

I am going to go throw up now.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Why do you carry a pistol? Because you want to protect yourself. If you choose to drink you give up that right, whether or not that is a law is insignificant to me. I went round and round about this with guys at work.

No matter how bit the bowl turds always float to the top and these did.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links