Father defending daughter?

This is a discussion on Father defending daughter? within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; 4 shot, 1 dead after Phoenix gun fight with parents http://www.abc15.com/content/news/ph...f-cbca36482bb3 One person was killed and four others shot following a gun battle at a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Father defending daughter?

4 shot, 1 dead after Phoenix gun fight with parents

http://www.abc15.com/content/news/ph...f-cbca36482bb3

One person was killed and four others shot following a gun battle at a home in Phoenix Friday night.

Phoenix Fire Department officials said a teenage girl was at home with her parents near 53rd Avenue and Novak before the fight broke out.

Three teenage male friends were visiting the girl.

Fire officials said the group got into an argument and the parents asked the three visitors to leave.

Some time later, those visitors apparently returned and a gun fight started between the three men and the teenage girl's father.

Police said they do not know who starting firing first, however both the girl's mother and father were shot and sent to the hospital.

Of the three male teenagers, two were shot. One is recovering at an area hospital, the other died from his injuries.

Phoenix Fire officials said the third teen took off running, but police were able to catch him and he is now in custody.

Police also said they are not releasing anyone's name until they complete their investigation.
    Last edited by Captain Crunch; September 6th, 2008 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Fixed link.

If they were asked to leave and then they returned, it is clear to me that they were looking for trouble and they found it. Sounds like, from the details we have, it was a good shoot by the girls father. Too bad him and the mother were shot, but hopefully they will recover quickly.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Not hardly enough information, yet, about the story. Though, it seems the gang of folks who left then returned will have some explaining to do about motives ... and why they came back with firearms. On that basis, alone, whatever the motivations were for the parents ejecting the gang, it looks like reasonable self-defense if they returned and started blasting. Won't know until more info is divulged.

You get ejected from my place, but then come back with firearms to harm me or mine? All I can say is: you'd better aim well.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

But...but...but they were such good boys...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Member Array flagflyfish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    But...but...but they were such good boys...
    "These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier
    and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the
    service of his country; but he that stands it now, deserves the
    love and thanks of man and woman."

-- Thomas Paine (The American Crisis, No. 1, 19 December 1776)

Teenage boys.. with guns.... and since the mother and father were shot, obviously the teenage boys were a threat to their lives....

Next time, he needs to use a shotgun or an AR. Plus, he's protecting his family and his household.

What was the question ??

Update -

Smoking pot with daughter preceded fatal Laveen gunfight

A shootout that fatally wounded a young man in Laveen Friday night reportedly began after a father discovered three males smoking marijuana with his daughter, a law enforcement official said.
    The father reportedly found the men, believed to be in their 20s, smoking in the front yard of his house in the 5300 block of West Novak Way, said Captain Hugh Chase of the Phoenix Fire Department.
    The father told the men to leave, but they later returned to the front door, Chase said.
    One of the men broke out a gun and opened fire. The father grabbed a shotgun and fired, killing one with a shot to the chest, Chase said.
    The father, his wife and a second man were later transported to a local hospital with non-life-threatening gunshot wounds and injuries.
    A third man fled and was later apprehended, Chase said.
    The names and ages of all people involved in the incident were not available.

Smoking pot with daughter preceded fatal Laveen gunfight

Yep, good shoot. Too bad the father couldn't get off better shots on the other two.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

But if only one DB was actually armed, it sounds like he did it exactly right. I'm sure the other two ran like the wind after the first one went down.
    G17, G26

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil...

father helping clense the gene pool,too bad he couldn't get all of the morons.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

Well they came back looking for it and they found it. When will they learn that not all people are afraid of them, and will fight back.
    John Steinbeck: Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

The father told the men to leave, but they later returned ... One of the men broke out a gun and opened fire. The father grabbed a shotgun and fired, killing one with a shot to the chest ...
    Sure sounds like attempted murder. Murder in fact, since one of the thugs' compatriots is now toes-up on a slab.

We'll see whether the DA has the right view of this.

Prison, hospital or morgue. The choice of all felons.

Quote Originally Posted by rdoggsilva View Post
    When will they learn that not all people are afraid of them, and will fight back.
    When the last threat is eliminated. Probably not a moment before.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    The father told the men to leave, but they later returned ... One of the men broke out a gun and opened fire. The father grabbed a shotgun and fired, killing one with a shot to the chest ...
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Sure sounds like attempted murder. Murder in fact, since one of the thugs' compatriots is now toes-up on a slab.

We'll see whether the DA has the right view of this.

Prison, hospital or morgue. The choice of all felons.

Originally Posted by rdoggsilva
    When will they learn that not all people are afraid of them, and will fight back.
    When the last threat is eliminated. Probably not a moment before.
    Hard to argue with this, in its entirety.
    If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them.--Samuel Adams as Candidus, Boston Gazette 20 Jan. 1772

Veteran--USA FA
    NRA Benefactor Life
    Tennessee Firearms Association Life

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by packin45 View Post
    But if only one DB was actually armed, it sounds like he did it exactly right. I'm sure the other two ran like the wind after the first one went down.
    ?

If I eject 3 guys from my property and they come back on my property with a weapon and fire it at me, I ain't going to wait till each one is pointing a weapon in my face before I fire on them.
    Does Arizona law allow murder charges to be filed on the remaining two BG's since one was killed in the commision of a crime?
    Sounds like a good shoot to me. Hope the mother and father are doing ok.

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

Fire officials said the group got into an argument and the parents asked the three visitors to leave.

Some time later, those visitors apparently returned and a gun fight started between the three men and the teenage girl's father.
    Must have been gang-bangers as this is how they roll. They will go away but will comeback to teach you a lesson after they gain clear advantage. 3 verses 1 was not good enough odds for them and it usually isn't. They prefer overwheling odds.

Basically, any time you got a person with a doo-rag, cornrows, baggy pants, and gang-clothing you have to figure that they will return, and if they come back it's either them or you and they won't be backing down.

Also typical that it began over a teenage girl. Some of these guys walk around with an arrogant grin, groping anyone they want and when a girl resists they just laugh about it. You step in to defend your daughter they get on their cell phone and 15 minutes later you will meet their homies.

What kind of gun would you want to be carrying if you have to fight a whole gang? Do you have enough gun to manage multiple perps, and stop multiple attackers? Food for thought.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links