Ohio sheriff still thinks it's Clinton era???

This is a discussion on Ohio sheriff still thinks it's Clinton era??? within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; BELLAIRE, Ohio -- Police are searching for answers after shots were fired again in a Belmont County neighborhood. What concerned police, Sheriff Fred Thompson said, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ohio sheriff still thinks it's Clinton era???

Ohio sheriff still thinks it's Clinton era???

BELLAIRE, Ohio -- Police are searching for answers after shots were fired again in a Belmont County neighborhood.

What concerned police, Sheriff Fred Thompson said, is the weapon that was used: a Glock 9 mm handgun with a 17-round magazine, a gun that only law enforcement or government personnel are authorized to carry.

Residents reported shots fired on Hospital Road on both Friday and Saturday night. There were no reported injuries.

Thompson said one man was taken into custody but police have not yet determined how he obtained the weapon.

The sheriff said a witness reported seeing shots fired from a vehicle and wrote down the license plate number. After investigating, Thompson said they pulled over a black Lincoln and arrested Kip Green, 21, and cited Rashaud Pitts, both of Bellaire.

Green was charged with having a weapon under disability and improper use of a firearm in a motor vehicle. Pitts, the driver, was cited for driving under suspension.

Thompson said police are still determining why the suspects were in the area and what they were shooting at.

"They're just not out late at night target shooting. There's a reason that they were there," Thompson said.

Anyone with information is asked to call police.
    "Those who would give up essential liberties for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety" -Benjamin Franklin-

2. Remove Ads

The Brady supporters are alive and well...

Administrator
    Please provide link to story
    "Just blame Sixto"

Police: Shooting Suspect Used Law Enforcement Handgun - News Story - WTOV Steubenville

Sorry about that. This is the county where my mom lives. The sheriff is a pretty good guy, but obviously not very well informed in this case.
    "Those who would give up essential liberties for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety" -Benjamin Franklin-

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff F View Post
    Police: Shooting Suspect Used Law Enforcement Handgun - News Story - WTOV Steubenville

Sorry about that. This is the county where my mom lives. The sheriff is a pretty good guy, but obviously not very well informed in this case.
    Thanks, I just wanted to make sure this isnt a story from 1994 or something.
    I would have to assume that the sheriff was misquoted (the media misquote? Go figure). He probably said it was like the gun his depuites carried or said it was a popular gun with LE... but who knows.

Some Sheriffs tend to be nothing more than politicians, so he might be that out of date and touch.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I'm trying not to laugh, as I sit here with my Glock 9mm handgun with a 17 round magazine.
    G17, G26

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil...

I thought about it for a few minutes, and I think they actually could be talking about a G18, or a converted 17.
    G17, G26

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil...

OK. He was a little confused. He was contacted and issued a correction. Unfortunatly, there were errors in the correction as well regarding state preemption of all Ohio gun laws. Here is the local thread:

Ohioans For Concealed Carry Discussion Forums • View topic - Wtov9 Article - Another ignorant politician/LEO

Administrator
    Oh well... thats what you get when you elect a bean counter or retired on duty sheriff.
    "Just blame Sixto"

yes. don't be concerned about why the shots were fired or what the bullets hit, be concerned about the capacity of the magazine.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.”
    ― Thomas Paine

Hey, at least they didn't call it a clip!
    - Kurt
    “Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it.” ~Pericles of Athens
    Primary Carry - Colt Commander .45 in a Brommeland Max-Con V

Maybe it was one of those 'movie guns' capable of shooting hundreds of rounds without reloading?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    Hey, at least they didn't call it a clip!
    and that is so "unlike" them.
    "Brains before Bullets"

LOL....and I was trying to give them the benefit of the doubt.
    G17, G26

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99
    Maybe it was one of those 'movie guns' capable of shooting hundreds of rounds without reloading?
    Quote Originally Posted by EJSG19
    Well, you have to remember that all Glocks defeat airport security, are fully automatic, and armor piercing, all while not having any metal parts. They probably are even heat-seeking, and can curve bullets around corners, pre-set to instantly murder innocent people.
    G17, G26

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links