Homeowner Shoots BG, Gene Pool Cleaner

This is a discussion on Homeowner Shoots BG, Gene Pool Cleaner within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Maybe not a completely perfect approach but the aren't bad. From the Sacramento Bee : Break-in suspect, 19, killed by shot from North Sacramento resident ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Homeowner Shoots BG, Gene Pool Cleaner

Homeowner Shoots BG, Gene Pool Cleaner

Maybe not a completely perfect approach but the aren't bad.

From the Sacramento Bee:

Break-in suspect, 19, killed by shot from North Sacramento resident
    By M.S. Enkoji and Chelsea Phua - menkoji@sacbee.com
    Published 5:46 am PDT Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A 19-year-old Sacramento man was shot and killed early this morning as he tried to break into a North Sacramento home, police said.

The resident inside fired a shotgun through a door, striking the invader, police said.

Sacramento Police Lt. James Beezley said the resident called 911 at 12:18 a.m. to report that two men were trying to break into his house in the 800 block of Carmelita Avenue off Rio Linda Boulevard. One of the men was carrying a rifle and trying to jam it through the door, which was slightly ajar, the resident reported to authorities.

Beezley said the resident fired the shotgun once through the door, striking one of the suspects in the torso. The injured man staggered about 50 yards away from the house and collapsed on the street.

Paramedics pronounced him dead at the scene.

Police officers were unable to find the second suspect when they arrived.

Beezley said it did not appear that the robbery suspects and the resident knew one another.

Authorities had not released the name of the dead man because relatives had not been notified. The resident, who was at home with his wife and two preschool children, was not identified because he had not been arrested.

The resident was unable to give a complete description of any other suspects, which could have been more than one, according to police.

During August and July, at least three other home-invasion robberies have been reported to the Sacramento County Sheriff's Department in the Antelope area. The invader struck about midnight in two of those incidents.
    Lex et Libertas Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

2. Remove Ads

It should be easy to find the other guy, he is the one with pants full of...

Good for this man, don't take it but give it out nice and loud. I hope by shooting through the door they meant through the ajar portion and not just blindly through the door.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

If you are not willing to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them!

-Paco

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    Good for this man, don't take it but give it out nice and loud. I hope by shooting through the door they meant through the ajar portion and not just blindly through the door.

If you poke a rifle or any gun through my door, I'm shooting through it.

I'm not going to wait for you to open the door for me to ID the target or for you to start shooting blindly. I'm going to open up on you and I will probably shoot through the walls on both sides of the door too.
    Sometimes I wonder who the old man in the mirror is....

Lord, Grant me a good sword and no need to use it.

Another fine job of a home owner saving taxpayers valuable funds.

This just in...

Home Owner 1

BG's 0

Final Score...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post

I'm not going to wait for you to open the door for me to ID the target or for you to start shooting blindly. I'm going to open up on you and I will probably shoot through the walls on both sides of the door too.
    I take back that comment, now that I think about it. I'd blast the thing too.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

If you are not willing to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them!

-Paco

Good job by the homeowner. I'm glad to see he and his family are alright and the BG is where he ought to be.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    + = Hooray for our side.
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

Thumbs up

good thing he staggered off 50yrds, the home owner wont have the mess of the BG dying at his front door or lawn

A good reason for heavy shot in the 12ga, stop worrying about shooting through walls at home. You might have to plug the BG through the front door.

Bad Guys--No Internet?

These BG's really need to get some computers and get on this site. They need to be educated about the consequences of their actions. How many of you think knowing that the persons house they are invading could cause them serious indigestion would continue to try to invade people's homes?

I am glad the home owner and family are OK.

Ohio castle doctrine change (sb184) was on the front page of the morning paper today.

Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan; by way of St. Mayberry, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post

Know your target. You never, NEVER shoot at a target you have not identified! Basic firearm safty!

Bravo Zulu on the homeowner ID'ing the target as someone who was NOT supposed to be there with a rifle. Daddy took care of business!
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Thumbs up

Plus one for us.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

The homeowner was fortunate to have the shotgun in his home and not afraid to use it. Apparently from the news article, he did fire once through the door opening and he did identify the BG through the peep-hole in the door and saw that he in fact had a .22 cal rifle. If the BG's had gotten into the home it would have been a different story, happy that he and his family are safe and well.
    The first time you aren't armed and prepared may be the last time you wished you were.

Oh..heck I couldn't resist....Knonk Knock!...Who's There?....Blam!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links