NJ school gets "tested" w/fake shooter

This is a discussion on NJ school gets "tested" w/fake shooter within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by PatrioticRick What is the purpose of this kind of drill? To see how scared you can make people? No... its so they ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NJ school gets "tested" w/fake shooter

Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticRick View Post
    What is the purpose of this kind of drill? To see how scared you can make people?
    No... its so they know how many body bags to bring to the scene.

2. Remove Ads

I wonder what their response would have been if one of the teachers or students had a heart attack or something similar from this kind of crap and died.

Quote Originally Posted by PcMakr View Post
    I wonder what their response would have been if one of the teachers or students had a heart attack or something similar from this kind of crap and died.
    +1 That drill was a really stupid idea. So many things could have gone wrong.
    An armed populace are called citizens.
    An unarmed populace are called subjects.

VIP Member
    While I agree it was an incredibly stupid thing to do it does drive home one point, Real World Real Time Scenario, there will be NO time to prepare, discuss or plan. If one does not have the training or mindset they just become targets.

Just goes to show.........
    "The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, not such merely as are used by the militia, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree..."
    Nunn v. State GA 1848

Proof once again that politicians an bureaucrats are imbeciles.
    1. Lucky they did not get shot.

2. Luckier they didn't get severely beaten.

3. Luckiest if they don't get their azz sued off and I hope they do!

Quote Originally Posted by Puppy View Post
    2. Luckier they didn't get severely beaten.
    I could really see someone loosing it when they realize they had not been shot, meaning the gun pointed at them does not contain real ammo. I can see someone just standing up and charging with whatever they can grab and pummeling someone, before they even realize they are doing it!
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

If you are not willing to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them!

-Paco

Good grief what a bunch of morons! holding wolf drills to see how the will react. If my son's school pulled some stunt like this I would be down there re-educating those responsible for this gross act of stupidity. What next? Hijacker drills on airlines, but don't tell the passengers? Armed robbery drills for stores?
    Mr. President: They didn't die for open borders.

If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you are reading it in English, thank a soldier.

I have mixed feelings about this. Having worked in emergency services and participated in a number of drills, and planned a few myself, I can understand why they did it.

One of the exercises we did was a combined small plane crash/hazardous material incident. It was all planned out with all of the chiefs of the involved departments and their executive staff sitting in on the planning. All of the involved units were notified a month in advance and every unit that responded was fully staffed. Afterwards everyone sat around patting themselves on the back having done such an outstanding job.

Another one we did was a simple multiple vehicle collision. No notice, just the involved units were put out of service and told to respond routine to the location and the exercise commenced. There was much wailing and gnashing of teeth from some of the chiefs afterwards because the units showed up understaffed and some with equipment that was not working.

Real world the bad guy isn't going to send you a memo and ask you to review your procedures manual. It is going to happen when you are not ready. It is going to happen when you are not expecting it. You are not going to be able to sit around and review your pre plan for three hours.

However instead of going in shooting, I would have probably had him walk in and put little bags of m&m's in front of his victims.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    I have mixed feelings about this. Having worked in emergency services and participated in a number of drills, and planned a few myself, I can understand why they did it.

One of the exercises we did was a combined small plane crash/hazardous material incident. It was all planned out with all of the chiefs of the involved departments and their executive staff sitting in on the planning. All of the involved units were notified a month in advance and every unit that responded was fully staffed. Afterwards everyone sat around patting themselves on the back having done such an outstanding job.

Another one we did was a simple multiple vehicle collision. No notice, just the involved units were put out of service and told to respond routine to the location and the exercise commenced. There was much wailing and gnashing of teeth from some of the chiefs afterwards because the units showed up understaffed and some with equipment that was not working.

Real world the bad guy isn't going to send you a memo and ask you to review your procedures manual. It is going to happen when you are not ready. It is going to happen when you are not expecting it. You are not going to be able to sit around and review your pre plan for three hours.

However instead of going in shooting, I would have probably had him walk in and put little bags of m&m's in front of his victims.
    The scenarios you presented involved TRAINED/EQUIPPED responders. These are kids and teachers, both of which have no effective means to respond to an active shooter and are in fact BANNED from being equipped to respond in kind. Give each of these teachers the training, a CCW and then rerun the "test" and see how far the "simulated" BG gets. Try this crap in the little school district here in Texas that just approved CCW for the teachers and I think your "test dummy" would be leaking copious amounts of blood.
    Mr. President: They didn't die for open borders.

If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you are reading it in English, thank a soldier.

There was also a little while back about teachers telling students that several popular kids where killed while drinking and driving. Students were all broken up,crying then they where told it was a drill to show about drinking and driving.

I for one would have been filing charges for reckless endangerment brandishing aggravated assault etc. just cause they knew does not remove the fact that people were in fear for their lives.They will be very lucky if nobody sues them
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by Fixintu View Post
    The scenarios you presented involved TRAINED/EQUIPPED responders. These are kids and teachers, both of which have no effective means to respond to an active shooter and are in fact BANNED from being equipped to respond in kind. Give each of these teachers the training, a CCW and then rerun the "test" and see how far the "simulated" BG gets. Try this crap in the little school district here in Texas that just approved CCW for the teachers and I think your "test dummy" would be leaking copious amounts of blood.
    In what I read on the provided link, there was nothing about students being present only the teachers. Maybe you have more information than I do. In many school districts now the staff are trained in scenarios like this one. Perhaps now they will see how wonderfully ineffective that training is.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

WHAT IF A OUT OF STATE leo happend by heard shots and gone after the threat ???

I think Dateline also did something for a SHTF drill. Locking doors, moving desks, shutting lights. Somebody coorect me if I am wrong here. I think they sprayed the fire extinghers on the floor and a wet floor slowed the BG down?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links