NJ school gets "tested" w/fake shooter

This is a discussion on NJ school gets "tested" w/fake shooter within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I wonder how the school superintendant would like it if someone faked a vicious home invasion at his house in the middle of the night, ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NJ school gets "tested" w/fake shooter

I wonder how the school superintendant would like it if someone faked a vicious home invasion at his house in the middle of the night, just to test his readiness.

People could have been trampled in a stampede toward the exists, or suffered a heart attack (as has already been mentioned). If anyone had resisted, with a knife, pen, scissors, think how badly it could have turned out.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    Another one?! Wasn't there a school that did this not too long ago? I thought for sure nobody would be stupid enough to pull this kind of stunt again after that.

I really hope this doesn't become a commonplace. It's only a matter of time until the "assailant" gets his brains beaten out by either student or teacher and dies. And if enough schools do this, the eventual real attack will be that much bloodier, with everybody thinking it's just another drill.
    "A well-educated electorate, being necessary to the continuance of a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed."
    Is this hard to understand? Then why does it get unintelligible to some people when 5 little words are changed?

Quote Originally Posted by HITCH KING View Post
    I think Dateline also did something for a SHTF drill. Locking doors, moving desks, shutting lights. Somebody coorect me if I am wrong here. I think they sprayed the fire extinghers on the floor and a wet floor slowed the BG down?
    Or better yet, swinging a heavy fire extinguisher on the perp AND CONNECTING... I wonder who would get sued, the brave soul with the "let's do it" attitude, the poor schlep with the orders to act as a perp, or the brainless people who concocted this incredibly stupid exercise.

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    What is someone had fought back? What if the "shooter" had been killed? Had I been a student there, I'd probably have been suspended if not expelled; as a teacher, I'd have probably have been fired. And the "shooter" would have not had a very nice night.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Looks like suicide by teacher or student looking for a place to happen. The "actor" has to be dumber than a box of rocks or suicidal. What kind idiot would take a role like that?
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    In what I read on the provided link, there was nothing about students being present only the teachers. Maybe you have more information than I do. In many school districts now the staff are trained in scenarios like this one. Perhaps now they will see how wonderfully ineffective that training is.
    From the article:
    "People are crying. The girl next to me is trembling and shaking. You heard people crying. You heard other people praying. It was pretty dramatic," one teacher said.
    This would indicate to me there were children present and if you read the comments posted at the article site the general perception is that there were kids present. I may be wrong, just my take on the article. This reporter did a crappy job writing the article OR it got edited down to it's post-it note form by an editor. It should state clearly if it was just teachers or teachers and students involved. IMO.
    Mr. President: They didn't die for open borders.

If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you are reading it in English, thank a soldier.

Quote Originally Posted by mykeld View Post
    Dude with gun was lucky that everyone there was submissive.
    If somebody broke ranks and fought back, they would be fired for not following sheeple policy.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob The Great View Post
    Another one?! Wasn't there a school that did this not too long ago? I thought for sure nobody would be stupid enough to pull this kind of stunt again after that. ....l.
    Yes there was another one....here is what I posted in that thread:
    Note to all parents of college age children (or soon to be college age...):

No matter how stupid a stunt this was to pull, something can be learned from it.

Look at what happened IN the classroom. There were NO sheepdogs....ONLY SHEEP!

This is unacceptable, these young adults DIDN'T DO ANYTHING about the threat!

All of you parents need to beat (metaphorically), this fact into your kids!

This is a good example of what NOT to do, if you are in a classroom where this kind of intrusion occurs. Someone should have started throwing desks, chairs, books, laptops (or even bullets) at this BG. They didn't know he was a GG, to them he could well have been another Cho....But what did they do? They sat there like sheep to be slaughtered.

Have these young adults learned nothing about the real world? ...Apparently not...Until this mentality changes, BGs will always have an easy time finding targets for their twisted needs.

( I do want to add one other thought, CPHILIP touched on it in his post.....What if one person in that class had a firearm? Even given the fact that he was with campus security......What a strong message would have been sent to all the would-be BGs. They would be unsure if they could get away with it..... Now, with the way it turned out, a potential BG knows he will still be able to 'win'.....)
    here is the link:
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ity-drill.html
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

EW3
    That "actor" with the gun/blanks was really lucky no one went "Jason Bourne" on him and beat him to death with a book or something!
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

absolutely moronic. i guarantee you in Vegas, some teacher somewhere is CCing. Yes they would be breaking the law, but I am sure that they believe the benefit of being able to defend themselves and their students outweights the risks of punishment for illegal ccing. I see it going down like this. the mild mannered teacher is supervising students during study hall in the library. an armed man bursts in and opens fire. the mild mannered teacher takes cover behind shelving and fires 2 rounds to the shooters thoracic cavity. the shooter goes down, not moving, lying on the floor. the teacher takes the bad guys weapon in case the shooters death is a ploy and clears it. he recognizes the round as a blank. just then the organizers of the drill walk in and say," Jesus, <teacher's name>, what have you done? . . . . . A stupid idea.
    "People should not be afraid of their governments; governments should be afraid of their people".
    -- V for Vendetta

NRA Associate Member

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links