NJ school gets "tested" w/fake shooter

This is a discussion on NJ school gets "tested" w/fake shooter within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; School Shooting Drill Terrifies Unknowing Teachers - Local News Story - WCAU | Philadelphia Not a good idea in a place(or state for that matter) ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NJ school gets "tested" w/fake shooter

NJ school gets "tested" w/fake shooter

School Shooting Drill Terrifies Unknowing Teachers - Local News Story - WCAU | Philadelphia

Not a good idea in a place(or state for that matter) that forbids self defense.
    "The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, not such merely as are used by the militia, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree..."
    Nunn v. State GA 1848

2. Remove Ads

Mission accomplished they cowered and waited to be shot like expected,I wonder if they would be stupid enought to try that in a school that allows concealed carry.They would only try it once.I can't wait for the lawsuits from this stupidity
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Well I hope they practice that a lot, so they just sit there and got shot properly.

Wouldn't want to screw that up, would we?

What is the purpose of this kind of drill? To see how scared you can make people?
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

That was stupid. So many things could've went badly. People could've really gotten hurt.

Dude with gun was lucky that everyone there was submissive.
    Hopefully the teachers will see the light and realize that the no guns in schools is not the best way to prevent bad things from happening. After all, their bosses hired someone to carry a gun in there. Now that I think about it, did they arrest the ''shooter''?
    Mykel

more later...

The perp could have had a chair crush his skull...then they could have tested the local medical care unit.

Pretty dumb test for a school environment...OMO

Stay armed...anything can become a weapon...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    The people that come up with the ideas should have their homes broken into and the living daylights scared out of them from someone firing blanks. Then have the actor say "just kidding, relax its just a drill". MORONS....
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

Only a matter of time before some school staffer carrying (legally or otherwise) reacts like sheepdog on one of these...then of course, they'll be hung like criminal.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I wonder if they would be stupid enought to try that in a school that allows concealed carry.They would only try it once.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Cupcake View Post
    Only a matter of time before some school staffer carrying (legally or otherwise) reacts like sheepdog on one of these...then of course, they'll be hung like criminal.
    That was exactly my first thought. Suppose you come across that 1 teacher that has had enough of kids getting killed and is willing to carry, even when it is against the law, and then opens up on the faux BG.

School Administrator: "But, Mr. Teacherman, it was only a joke; a drill if you will. You were not supposed to be armed and ready to defend. You were only supposed to cower and soil yourself. Why did you really kill this actor, he was only doing his job!"

Mr. Teacherman: "I was only doing my job, protecting our future! Now I will pay for your stupidity!"
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Senior Moderator
    Unbelievably stupid thing to do.

Since the unknowing participants in this "drill" were put in genuine fear for their lives, the chap doing the shooting should be charged with assault, IMHO.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Remember this is NJ, and I don't think one of the few hundred CCWers was there that day.
    Agreed, this was a bad, bad idea.
    "The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, not such merely as are used by the militia, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree..."
    Nunn v. State GA 1848

VIP Member
    This was done at a college not to many months ago....(anybody remember?)

While it is a dumb idea in scaring the crap out of everybody.....It does show that the majority of people are still sheep. NOBODY in either case tried to stop these guys.

They were surrounded by items that could be used as improvised weapons.....chairs, books, laptops...literally hundreds of projectiles....YET NOBODY DID ANYTHING OTHER THAN COWER.

In the case of an active shooter, there is not much worse that maybe encountered.......don't sit & wait to die!
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

That school district better be ready for some law suits.

I've heard of teachers suing the schools because a student or parent frightened them too much and caused anxiety disorders in the teacher.
    That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?

http://www.nevadashooters.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links