STUPID: Shrubs Spat Involves Gun, Machete

This is a discussion on STUPID: Shrubs Spat Involves Gun, Machete within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Shrubs Spat Involves Gun, Machete Shrubs Spat Involves Gun, Machete By LISA A. DAVIS The Tampa Tribune Published: September 11, 2008 HUDSON - After getting ...

Thread: STUPID: Shrubs Spat Involves Gun, Machete

STUPID: Shrubs Spat Involves Gun, Machete

Shrubs Spat Involves Gun, Machete

Shrubs Spat Involves Gun, Machete

By LISA A. DAVIS

The Tampa Tribune

Published: September 11, 2008

HUDSON - After getting home from work Tuesday, Joe Desousa took his 11-year-old pit bull, Troy, out for a walk and moments later he was running for his life, he said.

He kept to his property and the sidewalk behind his house along Library Road and then started back to his home on Muffin Court when he saw his neighbor approaching. Then he saw the machete in one hand and gun in the other as the man neared, he said.

Peter J. Petraglia, 62, screamed to Desousa he was going to kill him, a Pasco County Sheriff's Office report says, and squeezed the trigger, firing the gun but missing him.

Desousa started to run toward his porch with Troy in tow.

"Luckily, I have a pit bull so it intimidated him a bit," he said.

Petraglia kept going and swung the machete toward his neighbor, missing him and taking a chunk out of the door, Desousa said. Desousa, 46, kept ordering him to get off his property and then told Petraglia he was calling authorities. Petraglia raised the gun again at Desousa, but then lowered it and went back home, Desousa said.

Shortly after 6:30 p.m., deputies arrived and arrested Petraglia, who told them Desousa was harassing him so he fired his gun into the ground to warn him, according to the report.

About 7 a.m., according to Desousa, Petraglia had approached him about watering the shrubs behind Desousa's house, which were planted some time ago by the homeowners association as a barrier between the property lines and Library Road.

"I don't care about your shrubs. I'm not going to water them," Desousa said he told Petraglia.

The pair had words and Petraglia, a retiree, walked away unhappy with Desousa's unwillingness to help out the homeowners association, Desousa said.

"Water's expensive," Desousa said Wednesday.

Desousa said he wasn't expecting an evening like the one he experienced after spending a long day working as a driver for a health care company.

"People get upset about shrubs, but to kill someone about shrubs?" he pondered Wednesday.

He said he's nervous about what might happen next.

Deputies found a machete atop a refrigerator in Petraglia's garage and a .32-caliber semiautomatic handgun on the kitchen counter, as well as a black .38-caliber revolver, which they took, the report states. Deputies said Petraglia, who holds a concealed weapon permit, said he thought he was within his rights to use his gun as a warning for Desousa to "back off" from being "verbally abusive."

Petraglia denied pointing the gun at his neighbor.

Petraglia, of 13706 Muffin Court, was being held without bail at the Land O' Lakes Jail on Wednesday on charges of attempted murder, two counts of aggravated assault and discharging a firearm in public.
    What an idiot this guy Petraglia is.
    Mr. President: They didn't die for open borders.

If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you are reading it in English, thank a soldier.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    I hope he never gets cloned........come to think of it maybe he has.
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

So we're allowed to point guns at people and fire at the ground when they're rude to us? Didn't know that.
    That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?

http://www.nevadashooters.com

Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan; by way of St. Mayberry, GA
    That idiot just reinforces other idiots like Danial Vice (see my sig line) say for the Brady Bunches. No one group of anybody is perfect but this isn't a good light for our 'group' to be in.

Hope this yahoo ends up watering the shrubs on the prison property.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

I believe Mr. Petraglia is going to get some shrubbery lesson in the prison greenhouse.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Moderator
    At a minimum, he's looking at a 3 year mandatory prison term for the aggravated assault with the firearm.

What an idiot.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

He needs a refresher course on the rules for carrying a gun and when you can and can't use it. Defending a plant's right to be watered is a bit extreme.

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by sass20485 View Post
    He needs a refresher course on the rules for carrying a gun and when you can and can't use it. Defending a plant's right to be watered is a bit extreme.
    Not so sure about that. He's probably going to lose his carry permit. Oh well...

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

Land o Lakes Jail? That doesn't sound so bad...but makes me cringe on where butter comes from...

Guy deserves some time in jail... a machete and a gun? My neighbors used to turn their hose on and put it in my yard to kill my mom's garden...

Senior Member Array flagflyfish's Avatar
    Muffin Ave??? Land-O-Lakes Jail?? Strange, just strange
    "These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier
    and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the
    service of his country; but he that stands it now, deserves the
    love and thanks of man and woman."

-- Thomas Paine (The American Crisis, No. 1, 19 December 1776)

what a moron,i really wish he had only taken the machete w/him if he just had to do this.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

Hmmm... reminds of those articles where the mother says something like "mah babay didnt do nuthin !"

Posted by ( geaninepetraglia ) on September 12, 2008 at 9:59 p.m. ( Suggest removal )

Peter Petraglia is a loving, caring, and supportive friend, father in law, and grandfather. The article listed is from the perspective of Mr. Dasousa, which is both unfair and cruel. For future reference Lisa A. Davis should try interviewing all parties involved and publish a more accurate article.

Links