Home Invasion Robbers Pose as Police

This is a discussion on Home Invasion Robbers Pose as Police within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Home Invasion Robbers Pose as Police - CBS47.com Jacksonville News Leader Police are looking for a some thieves after a home invasion robbery in North ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Home Invasion Robbers Pose as Police

Home Invasion Robbers Pose as Police

Home Invasion Robbers Pose as Police - CBS47.com Jacksonville News Leader

Police are looking for a some thieves after a home invasion robbery in North Jacksonville.

JSO says the three were wearing masks when they cut the power to the home and barged in like a swat team.

They told the two victims inside they were JSO Swat and pointed guns at their heads.

The three stole the victims cash, cell phones, and some prescription medication.

"I though they were cops," says one of the victims.

Police do not have much of a description of the suspects, but according to the police report the armed men left behind a cell phone.

Seems to me the BG's are getting a little more organized, cutting power then taking the house using violence of action (maybe learned on TV) to clear/secure victims.

Lock your doors and stay armed.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

2. Remove Ads

you get an organized criminal with a cell jammer who cases a house then cuts phone and power, then dresses up as law enforcement or power company, etc and they can do soem damage.
    "An armed society is a polite society" - Robert A. Heinlein

Theifs are getting more and more brave..

I need to get a homedefender for the house.

For these reasons...i am always armed in my house. i don't know who is on the other side of my door.
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

VIP Member
    If three heavily armed men bust into your home, and present a reasonable facimile of being police, you as a home owner are in some deep doo doo.

There are only a few outcomes:

1) They are police. You fight back with lethal force, and are killed. (If by some miracle you survive, you will in all likelihood die in prison).

2) They are police. You submit to their authority, and live to fight another day (and possibly win a nice lawsuit, depending).

3) They are not police. You fight back with lethal force, and are killed (lets face it, three rifle/shotgun armed folks who are willing to kill us at this point most likely will - they have numbers and firepower (and probably surprise) on their side. I'm fairly well trained and experienced, but I don't give myself too much chance in this scenario).

4) They are not police. You submit to their (perceived) authority, and are robbed (and possibly worse).

None of these is ideal, obviously... Truly a worst case scenario.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    Truly a worst case scenario.
    1+ on that!
    “Put your pain in a box. Lock it down. No man is stronger than one who can harness his emotions.” -Act of Valor

If they bust in and have no warrant, no nothing...to prove they are cops, IMO, it's fair game.
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    +2 Man are things nutty or what.......
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    I feel for yall in the big citys . I live in small town flyover country and the last thing the locals would consider is kicking my door . For one thing everyone not in uniform will be treated as a home invader . for another one is all it takes is a cell call from my parking lot and i will surrender the property for you to search ( assuming you have a warrant ) . The locals know that if you kick my door in the middle of the night i am likely to fire on you , but if you call me and seize the property i am likely to take the time it takes to stand up to give it to you . NO One will come thro my door without being shot back out . End of discussion , and i am really sorry if you are LE . Any LE can pull up here and tell me that they have a warrant . If your LE and your after me ... well your mistaken , and i will argue that in court as long as you present yourself . I submit to the court if and when i know it . You sir need to be carefull with me .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

+3 OPFOR

Real world results toward opportunity to react under such a scenario are thinner than spider spit.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

But isn't it illegal to misrepresent yourself as a police officer? I dont understand how this could have happened.

My co-workers and I used to discuss things like this all the time. I used to tell them that if I were going to invade their home I would yell "Police" as I kicked the door in. That would give me all the edge I needed to do what I wanted.

I believe OPFOR is correct. If you shoot and guess wrong you will be in deep dodo. You will be dead or in prison.

Michael

1943 - 2009
    But isn't it illegal to misrepresent yourself as a police officer?
    Of course it is, but that didn't stop these BGs, did it?

It's illegal to commit murder, but does that stop people from murdering other people?

Welcome to the real world.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

reminds me - i need to install that driveway "alarm"... the old early warning doorbell.
    "An armed society is a polite society" - Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
    Of course it is, but that didn't stop these BGs, did it?

It's illegal to commit murder, but does that stop people from murdering other people?

Welcome to the real world.
    it's illegal for a criminal to have a gun and/or commit crimes with guns, but criminals still do it.
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

jfl
    Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post

3) They are not police. You fight back with lethal force, and are killed (lets face it, three rifle/shotgun armed folks who are willing to kill us at this point most likely will - they have numbers and firepower (and probably surprise) on their side. I'm fairly well trained and experienced, but I don't give myself too much chance in this scenario).

None of these is ideal, obviously... Truly a worst case scenario.
    I think we'd have a chance; its our home field. We know the layout, available cover, lights in all rooms are remote controlled (from the bedroom we can turn the light on at the other side of the house) there are several entrance/exits, it could be real confusing and most BG cannot shoot decently (unless they have the new Glock with the sights on the side of the slide - gangbanger model ).

As somebody said: "You might find me dead but I'll be on a pile of used brass".
    It IS a BAD situation; but if I am going to die I'd like to take a few others with me ...
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links