My Neighbors Were Robbed

This is a discussion on My Neighbors Were Robbed within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The fellow on the right side of the photo should take care of business while you are away. He would be a friend and partner, ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Neighbors Were Robbed

The fellow on the right side of the photo should take care of business while you are away. He would be a friend and partner, and will give you heart and soul expecting nothing in return but your leadership and respect. He will reward love with loyalty, and will visit terror upon those who would violate your home.

Almost forgot ... he's a lot less expensive and a lot more dependable than the high-tech security services which are so easily breached.

2. Remove Ads

^^^ jeez. Is that a photoshop?

This is a perfect time to convince my wife that we need a M82 for home defense.

I was looking into some surveillance systems last night. I think I'm going to buy one this weekend. It would be nice to be able to view my cameras from my desk at work before I go racing home.
    That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?

http://www.nevadashooters.com

Senior Moderator
    Technical point - your neighbors were burglarized, not robbed. Robbery is a crime of violence, involving the taking of property from someone's immediate possession via force or the threat of force.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Not much you can do if you are not home. The robbers would have been "extremely lucky" that I wasn't home as I carry 24/7. Here are several off the top suggestions. Form a neighborhood watch. Stay-at-home residents might be a help during the day if they are willing. Have the police inspect your homes for security suggestions, this is usually a free service. Make sure you alarms are on if you have them. Gates are not going to stop anybody. Guards are like police, they are only good if they are there when the crime happens but if this is a small enough area perhaps on a short-term basis it would help. I rely more on good neighbors. I read about this http://www.katybar.com in U.S. Concealed Carry's "Armed American Report the other week and it seemed like a pretty good idea.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by lance22 View Post

The fellow on the right side of the photo should take care of business while you are away. He would be a friend and partner, and will give you heart and soul expecting nothing in return but your leadership and respect. He will reward love with loyalty, and will visit terror upon those who would violate your home.

Almost forgot ... he's a lot less expensive and a lot more dependable than the high-tech security services which are so easily breached.
    Holy cow! Is that your pooch?
    What's his 'make'...
    Now there are some 'choppers' that can take a Bite Outta' Crime...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by lance22 View Post

Do you have to carry lawn'n'leaf bags and a shovel when you walk him?
    Clinging to guns and God in PA...

Dogs are great as a deterrent but if the bad guys want to bypass dog, they will just chuck him some posioned meat.. lost a dog once to meat and brakefluid. These incidents just reinforce the importance of a secure gun safe to store weapons when u are not home ,, otherwise the antis are provided with more ammo.
    i keep two dogs outside the house and a small jack russell inside at night .. best alarm I ever had

First... I wouldn't have written that note telling anyone that I will soon have a new game system, new TV, etc. all in my house after I get paid by the Insurance Co. Nor, would I be telling them I keep my bank stuff and credit cards in drawers...... although I would never ever do that anyway. Sorry, but that all seems rather "dumb".

Better they just said they got broken into and want some input on what to do in order to better secure the neighborhood. ADT ... bet they just had the sign, rather than the service.

Gates, security guards, and all of that...... is not going to guarantee you don't get broken into. However.... a really really realliy LOUD alarm system with the 140 db horns in your attic blaring to the outside of your house, do a real good job of getting attention. Dogs help.

Sounds like you need a better Neighborhood watch. Around here, if someone unknown is doing something... you can be sure someone is checking you out.
    My neighbors jumped the Appraiser because he stopped, got out of his car, and was taking a picture of my house...... great neighbors.

Quote Originally Posted by nyati View Post
    These incidents just reinforce the importance of a secure gun safe to store weapons when u are not home
    My safe is 400+ lbs, bolted to timber through the floor and the wall. Nobody is stealing my guns while I'm at work unless they're Danny F'ing Ocean.

But that's a good point. Nobody should make their firearms accessible to burglars.
    That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?

http://www.nevadashooters.com

Quote Originally Posted by nyati View Post
    Dogs are great as a deterrent but if the bad guys want to bypass dog, they will just chuck him some poisoned meat.. lost a dog once to meat and brakefluid. These incidents just reinforce the importance of a secure gun safe to store weapons when u are not home ,, otherwise the antis are provided with more ammo.
    i keep two dogs outside the house and a small jack russell inside at night .. best alarm I ever had
    this is why training the dog comes in,,i have been at it since my doberman has been a pup and she does not except food or commands from any one but me and my wife,,and yes we test her allot ,,so that will not happen ,,and we use some pretty tempting stuff

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links