Angry dad attacks, chases naked teen from daughter's bedroom

This is a discussion on Angry dad attacks, chases naked teen from daughter's bedroom within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Paco Guess I'll set up a bail fund myself since I have 2 girls. Worst case, if my teachings work, they'll have ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Angry dad attacks, chases naked teen from daughter's bedroom

Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    Guess I'll set up a bail fund myself since I have 2 girls. Worst case, if my teachings work, they'll have money for college.
    I have twin girls - 3 yo.

I'm hoping for the following conversation between my girls and their prospective paramours, "No, you do not want to come over. My daddy likes to cleans his guns wearing only his underwear in the house".
    Bitter and clinging to my guns and my religion.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post
    If a homeowner comes upon an uninvited stranger committing (perceived?) nefarious acts in his home, how does Florida's castle doctrine not apply? There are at least three sets of the relative truth here- from the father's POV, the daughter's POV, the boyfriend's POV; then there is the absolute truth, which is never known.
    If the stranger was in fact invited into the home by someone who lawfully resides there, then the Castle Doctrine does not apply.

See F.S. 776.013

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

I've got to know more about this before I convict or turn the dad loose. As has been pointed out there are at least 4 sides to the story and I am willing to be none of them are the same.

BTW - I have three daughters and several guns.

Quote Originally Posted by MattLarson View Post
    If the stranger was in fact invited into the home by someone who lawfully resides there, then the Castle Doctrine does not apply.

See F.S. 776.013

Matt
    seems to me that shouldn't apply if the invitee is a minor or non-head of household.
    "An armed society is a polite society" - Robert A. Heinlein

Charges will stick if his daughter vouched for the identity of the little dork before blows were landed. If she was in the shower and didn't come out until the damage was done then he can make a case to beat the charges.

Personal feelings aside, the kid got exactly what he deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by MattLarson View Post

See F.S. 776.013

Matt

Doesn't matter. Ask for a jury trial. Fathers...... Not a chance in the world of a conviction!
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

I'm sure the father knew who the kid was, but he was probably just enraged by finding out that they were having sex.

Kick the kid out and tell him if he comes back you'll beat him with a pipe. Don't beat him with the pipe right off the bat.
    That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?

http://www.nevadashooters.com

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    Enforcing the law like this just kills me !Home owner thinks he's protecting his
    family from a crazed young man instead he gets arrested with a fairly large bond. Now he's going to have to hire a lawyer and I bet it will cost him a bundle
    for his daughter's amorous behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Stetson View Post
    Enforcing the law like this just kills me !Home owner thinks he's protecting his
    family from a crazed young man instead he gets arrested with a fairly large bond. Now he's going to have to hire a lawyer and I bet it will cost him a bundle
    for his daughter's amorous behavior.
    Children can be very expensive.

Wow, oh my.

I never had daughters...thank God!

I do understand the dad's anger and his putting a long series of dents into the young man...didn't the daughter also deserve at least one dent?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

IF the "kid" was dumb enough to be naked in her room while Daddy was there, seems he needed a little sense knocked into his head.

VIP Member
    Can a minor member of household legally negate Castle Doctrine by inviting someone over? I can't say for certain, but based on the fact that a minor can not (generally speaking) enter into any sort of legal contract, it seems reasonable that they cannot void one through their actions either. Interesting...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

common sense would dictate during normal visiting hours not a problem but i wake up in the middle of the night when nobody but my family should be in my home and I think Theres a rapist in my daughters room, they won't be hearing his side of the story.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Sounds like a situation that calls for OC spray to the groin! Remember that the burning sensation is felt when it contacts any mucous membrane! Hurts just thinking of it!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links