Angry dad attacks, chases naked teen from daughter's bedroom

This is a discussion on Angry dad attacks, chases naked teen from daughter's bedroom within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Reminds me of the Caddyshack scene.......Judge Smails (Ted Knight) is chasing Danny Noonan around the bedroom with a golf club after catching him in bed ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Angry dad attacks, chases naked teen from daughter's bedroom

Reminds me of the Caddyshack scene.......Judge Smails (Ted Knight) is chasing Danny Noonan around the bedroom with a golf club after catching him in bed with his niece....... Hilarious.

Of course.....it becomes less and less funny every year as my 8 year-old daughter gets older......
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array AirForceShooter's Avatar
    Where does the Castle law say the intruder has to have forced his way in?

AFS
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at

Quote Originally Posted by AirForceShooter View Post
    Where does the Castle law say the intruder has to have forced his way in?
    The applicable statute requires unlawful entry, yes.

Florida Statute 776.013:
    776.013 Home protection; use of deadly force; presumption of fear of death or great bodily harm.--

(1) A person is presumed to have held a reasonable fear of imminent peril of death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another when using defensive force that is intended or likely to cause death or great bodily harm to another if:
    (a) The person against whom the defensive force was used was in the process of unlawfully and forcefully entering, or had unlawfully and forcibly entered, a dwelling, residence, or occupied vehicle, or if that person had removed or was attempting to remove another against that person's will from the dwelling, residence, or occupied vehicle; and

(b) The person who uses defensive force knew or had reason to believe that an unlawful and forcible entry or unlawful and forcible act was occurring or had occurred.

(2) The presumption set forth in subsection (1) does not apply if:
    (a) The person against whom the defensive force is used has the right to be in or is a lawful resident of the dwelling, residence, or vehicle, such as an owner, lessee, or titleholder, and there is not an injunction for protection from domestic violence or a written pretrial supervision order of no contact against that person; or

(b) The person or persons sought to be removed is a child or grandchild, or is otherwise in the lawful custody or under the lawful guardianship of, the person against whom the defensive force is used; or

(c) The person who uses defensive force is engaged in an unlawful activity or is using the dwelling, residence, or occupied vehicle to further an unlawful activity; or

(d) The person against whom the defensive force is used is a law enforcement officer, as defined in s. 943.10(14), who enters or attempts to enter a dwelling, residence, or vehicle in the performance of his or her official duties and the officer identified himself or herself in accordance with any applicable law or the person using force knew or reasonably should have known that the person entering or attempting to enter was a law enforcement officer.

(3) A person who is not engaged in an unlawful activity and who is attacked in any other place where he or she has a right to be has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force, including deadly force if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.

(4) A person who unlawfully and by force enters or attempts to enter a person's dwelling, residence, or occupied vehicle is presumed to be doing so with the intent to commit an unlawful act involving force or violence.

(5) As used in this section, the term:
    (a) "Dwelling" means a building or conveyance of any kind, including any attached porch, whether the building or conveyance is temporary or permanent, mobile or immobile, which has a roof over it, including a tent, and is designed to be occupied by people lodging therein at night.

(b) "Residence" means a dwelling in which a person resides either temporarily or permanently or is visiting as an invited guest.

(c) "Vehicle" means a conveyance of any kind, whether or not motorized, which is designed to transport people or property.

History.--s. 1, ch. 2005-27.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Senior Member Array AirForceShooter's Avatar
    no. It requires the homeowner to believe the intruder forcibly entered. You don't need a busted door first.
    Dad shouyld walk.
    Can somebody do a follow up on this?

AFS
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at

VIP Member

Agree-- all dads on the jury

Quote Originally Posted by David in FL View Post
    Doesn't matter. Ask for a jury trial. Fathers...... Not a chance in the world of a conviction!
    Sad story, I had a friend whose 12-13 year old daughter was sneaking out at night, prostituting herself to get drugs. It took dad quite a bit longer than it should have before he figured out what was going on and got the kiddo sent to a hospital. It could easily have been the other way around, that she was "entertaining" to earn her coke.

If a dad of a teenage girl walks in on a situation as described here, he has no way of knowing what in the world is going on, and almost none of the possibilities are good.

The boy is lucky he wasn't shot; or subject to a quick surgical removal of the critical parts.

The girl is probably in need of some professional help.

And the grand jury should no-bill this one because it will go nowhere if any of the jury members are dads who have raised girls.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    First off I DID NOT READ THE POSTS . Second off I raised a daughter , and from the stand point of my daughter , well if attention was in any way unwelcome she would have cut out the " dad " portion of retribution . My daughter is 21+ years old nowadays , and should i find a nekked fella well i promise he is going to have to set down at the " dinner " table and explain himself , just as i find him . Now understand i have put the " band " on kids who had only an intrest in my daughter . in the past . I am a redneck . ( for a compairison figure that the humiliation of getting a glorified rubber band on you balls ( which will make them fall off ) is nothing to what you get when you go to the er to get it off .. and the other option s a buddy with a pocket knife . YES i do do this . Yes folks do hate me . Yes they do say they will sue . So far not only have i not been sued , but i have not paid for anyone when they go to the er to protect manhood . I should point out tho that its only a couple of times , usualy my word is good . and as a side note my grown daughter hates me on this issue because she has had to go several hundred miles ( even considering collage ) to get someone to " date " her . Bad Bad dad . What can i say .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Sad story, I had a friend whose 12-13 year old daughter was sneaking out at night, prostituting herself to get drugs. It took dad quite a bit longer than it should have before he figured out what was going on and got the kiddo sent to a hospital. It could easily have been the other way around, that she was "entertaining" to earn her coke.

If a dad of a teenage girl walks in on a situation as described here, he has no way of knowing what in the world is going on, and almost none of the possibilities are good.

The boy is lucky he wasn't shot; or subject to a quick surgical removal of the critical parts.

The girl is probably in need of some professional help.

And the grand jury should no-bill this one because it will go nowhere if any of the jury members are dads who have raised girls.
    Great, now we're not just gonna shoot him, but we're going to mutilate his genitals as well. And you think it's the GIRL who needs professional help.

She's 15 year old. Jeebus Kristo, the age of consent is 16 in most states! She was with her 15 year old boyfriend, not some 35 year old rapist. Yeah, he snuck in. That's very disrespectful. It's hardly cause for the death penalty or bodily mutilation, though.

Nobody said anything about this girl being a prostitute for drugs. Do you honestly believe that a teenager (boy or girl) that fools around with his/her boyfriend or girlfriend at 15 years old needs professional help? Gimme a break.

I've got a daughter. I can certainly understand why this guy whacked the kid with a pipe and ran him out of the house. But shooting or mutilating him? Uh...no.
    Slow is smooth.....smooth is fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs View Post
    First off I DID NOT READ THE POSTS . Second off I raised a daughter , and from the stand point of my daughter , well if attention was in any way unwelcome she would have cut out the " dad " portion of retribution . My daughter is 21+ years old nowadays , and should i find a nekked fella well i promise he is going to have to set down at the " dinner " table and explain himself , just as i find him . Now understand i have put the " band " on kids who had only an intrest in my daughter . in the past . I am a redneck . ( for a compairison figure that the humiliation of getting a glorified rubber band on you balls ( which will make them fall off ) is nothing to what you get when you go to the er to get it off .. and the other option s a buddy with a pocket knife . YES i do do this . Yes folks do hate me . Yes they do say they will sue . So far not only have i not been sued , but i have not paid for anyone when they go to the er to protect manhood . I should point out tho that its only a couple of times , usualy my word is good . and as a side note my grown daughter hates me on this issue because she has had to go several hundred miles ( even considering collage ) to get someone to " date " her . Bad Bad dad . What can i say .
    Please tell me you're joking.......
    Slow is smooth.....smooth is fast.

VIP Member

Sound like my late father in-law

as a side note my grown daughter hates me on this issue because she has had to go several hundred miles ( even considering collage ) to get someone to " date " her . Bad Bad dad . What can i say .
    Sounds like my late father in-law. He scared off any guy and as a result my older sister in-law never married. (Sad really.)

But, charging the dad in this case is way wrong. (Although I think he needs to get his act together and figure out what is going on under his own roof.)

Whatever, I hope it was "love" and passion, and not the sort of thing I mentioned earlier in this thread. An out of control teenage "lady" is a parent's nightmare.

Now understand i have put the " band " on kids who had only an intrest in my daughter . in the past . I am a redneck . ( for a compairison figure that the humiliation of getting a glorified rubber band on you balls ( which will make them fall off ) is nothing to what you get when you go to the er to get it off .. and the other option s a buddy with a pocket knife . YES i do do this . Yes folks do hate me . Yes they do say they will sue . So far not only have i not been sued , but i have not paid for anyone when they go to the er to protect manhood .
    It is a lot easier to take an american series 700 padlock and slip them above the boys and lock the lock. Next to Impossible to cut the lock off. It is normal used when somebody is owed alot of money and debiter does not want to pay. When the debit is paid the key is handed over.

Teenagers are highly skilled at pulling off crap there parents are clueless to. DO you remember being a teenager? Did your parents know everything you were up to ? It is VERY difficult keeping up with them. I've found people in my house my teenager brought in ( never naked in the bedroom ) and warned them I'd better be asked first and informed of who was coming in my home, or things could get ugly & FAST, IF I were to be surprised. I take security and the safety of family & home very seriously. They got the message. Heat of the moment reaction by the dad and I don't think any father with a drop of testosterone in his body would blame him.

I would hope that some of these replies are "slightly" exaggerated in what you would do.

Was none of you guys ever teenagers? Or did you go instantly from babies to the gun toting macho men you are today?

I would also think that it would be fairly easy to tell the difference between a girl being raped and two teenagers "consenting" with each other.

The boy did have some balls though, I will hand him that, but then again when you are that age, sometimes you aren't thinking clearly.

Maybe it's just cause I'm "only" 23 and I remember my teenage years. Hell, I did things like this (mostly done before bring her home though...), and I wasn't even a bad kid.
    ~Mike
    Glock 17, Dale Fricke Archangel, Wilderness Tactical belt.
    My Guns and Tattoos Blog

so... do i want to pay 10,000 dollars to make all the boys think twice before thinking about a relationship with my daughter? It will definitely narrow it down to serious inquiries only...

This story is missing several things...If they both are minors then it's against the law (if they were having sex)...It's sad that the Parents aren't that attentive or working so much to pay attention to their child...Also did the gentlemen break in(wink wink) or just walked right in..My guest usually comes through the front door not the window (which in my opinion is breaking in)

Ages of consent in North America - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Anybody know how old the daughter is?

Or how old the lover was? I think the father lost it. Now, if the daughter were 14 and the lover 25, I can understand the anger. In that case, just have him arrested.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links