Angry dad attacks, chases naked teen from daughter's bedroom

This is a discussion on Angry dad attacks, chases naked teen from daughter's bedroom within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; A little more on it. Breaking news - newsjournalonline.com DELTONA -- A Deltona father ended up in jail today after beating his daughter's teenage boyfriend ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Angry dad attacks, chases naked teen from daughter's bedroom

A little more on it.

Breaking news - newsjournalonline.com

DELTONA -- A Deltona father ended up in jail today after beating his daughter's teenage boyfriend who he caught naked in the girl's bedroom, sheriff's officials said.

Colon Raul Colon, 45, didn't even know his daughter had a boyfriend -- or that the youngster had been sneaking into the home for more than a year. So when he heard noises coming from his daughter's room this morning and saw a stranger naked, standing on the girl's bed, he swung a metal pipe he had taken from the garage, hitting the 15-year-old, a sheriff's report said.

Colon was charged with aggravated battery on a child but was out of jail this afternoon on $10,000 bail, a booking officer said. No one picked up the phone at Colon's residence today.

According to the report, Colon heard the noise in his daughter's room when he got up at 4 a.m. to let his dog out, as he does every morning.

Colon told deputies he chased Lucas Contreres through the kitchen, living room and through the front door and out into the street and called 9-1-1.

Colon's daughter later told deputies that she had been seeing Contreres for 18 months but did not tell her father about the relationship. Contreres had sneaked in thorough a bedroom window at 3 a.m. this morning to have sex with her, the 15-year-old girl told deputies.

Conteres was found at Florida Hospital Fish Memorial in Orange City where he got staples to close cuts on his head. His injuries were not life threatening, deputies said.

Contreres told deputies a similar account to Colon's. He said Colon came into the room and started swinging at him with the metal pipe. He jumped out of the bed and began running through the home to get away from Colon. Once outside, he jumped on his bike and went home. His sister later took him to the hospital, deputies said.

Although Contreres' father said he wasn't sure if he wanted to press charges, deputies took Colon to jail anyway.
    Now according to my math this had to have started when both were no older than 14, possibly 13.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    A little more on it.

Breaking news - newsjournalonline.com

Now according to my math this had to have started when both were no older than 14, possibly 13.
    That's just messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by kg4ghn View Post
    I would hope that some of these replies are "slightly" exaggerated in what you would do.

Was none of you guys ever teenagers? Or did you go instantly from babies to the gun toting macho men you are today?

I would also think that it would be fairly easy to tell the difference between a girl being raped and two teenagers "consenting" with each other.

The boy did have some balls though, I will hand him that, but then again when you are that age, sometimes you aren't thinking clearly.

Maybe it's just cause I'm "only" 23 and I remember my teenage years. Hell, I did things like this (mostly done before bring her home though...), and I wasn't even a bad kid.
    I'm a year older than you, and before you make those kinds of sweeping generalizations, keep in mind there are still people with morals and scruples.
    Vis consili expers mole ruit sua.
    -Horace

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post
    That's just messed up.

I'm a year older than you, and before you make those kinds of sweeping generalizations, keep in mind there are still people with morals and scruples.
    Everybody's different.

After reading the extended story, that is a bit young, I agree.

I still think beating the kid in the head with a pipe is overkill.

And others on here want to shoot him and mutilate his stuff. I'm the one with no morals?
    ~Mike
    Glock 17, Dale Fricke Archangel, Wilderness Tactical belt.
    My Guns and Tattoos Blog

Senior Member Array MilitaryPower's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post
    That's just messed up.

LOL, I'm with you. Almost 23. No misbehaving here. My teen years were full of school and me "being all I could be" in a military auxiliary, not girls.
    Gun control can be blamed in part for allowing 9/11 to happen.
    "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum" (Latin)- "If you want peace, prepare for war".

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    I would also think that it would be fairly easy to tell the difference between a girl being raped and two teenagers "consenting" with each other.
    I take it you do not agree with statutory rape laws. Rape is more than just a violent sexual crime. It is obvious you are not a parent of a teenage girl.

Maybe it's just cause I'm "only" 23 and I remember my teenage years. Hell, I did things like this (mostly done before bring her home though...), and I wasn't even a bad kid.
    You admit to activities like raping a fifteen year old girl and you are proud (and brag) of that? And you consider yourself to not have been a bad kid?

Just curious, if not rape, what would you consider a bad kid? Cheating on a test?

Quote Originally Posted by SelfDefense View Post
    I take it you do not agree with statutory rape laws. Rape is more than just a violent sexual crime. It is obvious you are not a parent of a teenage girl.

You admit to activities like raping a fifteen year old girl and you are proud (and brag) of that? And you consider yourself to not have been a bad kid?

Just curious, if not rape, what would you consider a bad kid? Cheating on a test?
    If you had read my second post, you would have seen where I said 15 was young. The way the op read, sounded like they were more 17-18.

And also, seeing as how I said I'm 23, I OBVIOUSLY am not the father of a teenage girl. I do have a two year old son though.
    ~Mike
    My Guns and Tattoos Blog

VIP Member

Agree with sentiment but not definition

SD--I certainly agree with your sentiment here, and the moral message you are projecting. But, I don't think that legally it is rape when the two "kids" are close in age. In most jurisdictions, they won't charge unless there is a significant difference in age. If two 14 year olds are passionately going at it, the boy won't (typically) be charged with statutory rape.

OTOH, if it is a 17 yo male and a 13 yo female, the story is different; or in a situations where there is a 19 yo male and a 17 + yo female, it is unlikely charges would be filed; though they could be. Guidelines on age disparity are variable and dependent on both the law and DA's office policy.

Anyway, the legal stuff aside, I do agree with you, and like the moral dimension your comment brought to the discussion. Bad behavior is bad behavior and there is nothing OK about inappropriate teen sex. And it isn't something to be bragging about either.

To the young guy who who posted on this, you will be thinking a lot more like SD and me when you have a few more years behind you-- And especially so if you have a daughter or a niece you care about.

VIP Member
    When a father has a daughter entering adolescent, something extra suddenly kicks in to the Dad for him to "protect" her from the male population. You younger guys havent' experienced it yet, but if you have a daughter you will.

My daughter is grown now, but I was sure to meet any young lad that came calling on her at our house when she was young. I never had to hit any of them in the head with a pipe. However I sure didn't mind asking these young men some tough questions, scrutinizing their plans, and letting them know what time I expected them back home. I followed up on all of it too, and I knew I was doing the right thing for my daughter.

Everything worked out fine, today she's a RN, married to a LEO detective and has our first grandson. Recently we were talking about her young dating years and she told me that her dates were quite concerned about not getting crossways with me. That was how I wanted them thinking.

Google- Ten simple rules for dating my daughter
    Last edited by ppkheat; September 19th, 2008 at 07:47 AM. Reason: added
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

I don't care how old you are, two 13 year-olds sneaking around have sex is messed up. If you think that is OK then you are messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    When a father has a daughter entering adolescent, something extra suddenly kicks in to the Dad for him to "protect" her from the male population. You younger guys havent' experienced it yet, but if you have a daughter you will.

My daughter is grown now, but I was sure to meet any young lad that came calling on her at our house when she was young. I never had to hit any of them in the head with a pipe. However I sure didn't mind asking these young men some tough questions, scrutinizing their plans, and letting them know what time I expected them back home. I followed up on all of it too, and I knew I was doing the right thing for my daughter.

Everything worked out fine, today she's a RN, married to a LEO detective and has our first grandson. Recently we were talking about her young dating years and she told me that her dates were quite concerned about not getting crossways with me. That was how I wanted them thinking.

Google- Ten simple rules for dating my daughter
    This, IMO, is the correct way of thinking about this. Of course the dad should be tough on his daughter's boyfriends, and usually intimidating is enough to handle the situation.

Once again, I have reread the extended version and said that 15 was young.

Also, I still believe that hitting a 15 year old boy in the head with a pipe is overkill. I also am going to agree with some of the other posters in that the daughter is JUST as GUILTY of anything the boy is guilty of. It works both ways. So by the same reasoning, why wasn't the daughter hit with the pipe too?
    ~Mike
    My Guns and Tattoos Blog

ahhahahahahha! Poor pops getting charged for no reason.

i was in my ex's house and had just came out of the shower, was layin in bed naked. Now her dad never comes upstairs or anything, and he knew we were doing it on the regular. But for some reason he needed something from her room and comes on it, luckly i was under the covers. Worst 30 seconds of my life, thought for sure he was going to pummel my shirtless (and unkown to him pantless) self.

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Once again, I have reread the extended version and said that 15 was young.
    I still think you just don't get it. It is not young, she is a child. And, unlike Hopyard, I do not think age differential in any way mitigates the seriousness of the crime. I don't care if the guy was fifteen, seventeen, or thirty-five, she is underage and we do not tolerate criminal sexual behavior.

So by the same reasoning, why wasn't the daughter hit with the pipe too?
    Oh my God! I will refrain from commenting so my post is not deleted by the mods.

VIP Member

Not necessarily criminal.

I still think you just don't get it. It is not young, she is a child. And, unlike Hopyard, I do not think age differential in any way mitigates the seriousness of the crime. I don't care if the guy was fifteen, seventeen, or thirty-five, she is underage and we do not tolerate criminal sexual behavior.

Oh my God! I will refrain from commenting so my post is not deleted by the mods.
    Absolutely right about the child part. But not correct about it necessarily being criminal conduct when two children (e.g., a 13 yo girl and a 14 yo boy) are involved. The law (and please don't make me look it up, thank you) does draw a distinction between the situations based on the age differential between the male and the female. Usually, 2 years difference in age is needed to make it a criminal act. DAs do have policy guidelines as well.

The conduct by the two young people which we are discussing is clearly morally wrong and reprehensible, but not necessarily criminal.

And the criminality might be on the young woman's part if she was doing the act for money (drugs) instead of out of teen hormonal rage.

Man, you are making it hard for me even when we fundamentally agree. And SD, you are right that the young guy doesn't get it at all.

In this incident we are discussing, it appears that both participants are children, similar in age, and that is likely the reason the dad was charged--for assaulting a child--while the young "man" was not.

I'm still on the dad's side, but I sort of understand where the authorities might be coming from in charging the dad. However, were I in his shoes, I'd have swung that pipe too. (And regretted it later.)

BUT THE GUY IS UNDERAGE TOO!!!

It works BOTH ways. If it is "criminal sexual behavior," then it is "criminal sexual behavior" for the girl too.

Whether it is right or not for them to be doing it, the point I am trying to make is both of the kids are guilty of the SAME thing. It is not only the boys fault.

If you actually read my posts I said I didn't condone hitting the boy with the pipe. Therefore I wouldn't condone hitting the girl with the pipe. BUT, if you think that is the correct punishment, then the punishment should be applied to BOTH parties.

It takes two to tango, as the cliche says.

I don't know, maybe I'm not articulating what I'm trying to say well enough.

Maybe we will just have to agree to disagree.
    ~Mike
    My Guns and Tattoos Blog

I have a 4 year old daughter and a 1 year old son. Thankfully I have a few years before i need to start being concerned about both of their virginity. But I've allready got them on the right path. I know that the best thing to do is instill in them correct Christian morals, and this starts at the youngest learning age. We go to church for the sole purpose to glorify and worship God, but one added benefit, is that maybe when my kids reach the age of accountability they'll know to seek out the Lord and get saved (PM me if you want to discuss this, as I understand it's controversial). Hopefully my children, in learning from church every Sunday, and my wife and I teaching them throughout the week, it will build in them a character that will be an asset to their conduct when my wife and I aren't there to guide them.

It's kind of why a lot of us decide to teach our children how to shoot at very young ages, or at least how to safely handle a gun. It's because we know that NOTHING is child proof. We've got to GUN PROOF the child! No matter how well you can lock a gun up at home, they might possibly come across a gun at a friend's house, where you won't be by their side...

I've been studying what the bible says on raising godly children, and the main idea is that children get their morals from how they are raised from day one, and have a better chance at surviving temptations and adversaries during their adolescent years if they were raised right. I understand that "religion" is a taboo topic on this forum, but I'm staying on topic, right?! My thoughts go to my own children when I read things like this news article, and although she's only 4, and although my son is only 1, they're already susceptible to going down that path, based only on how my wife and I build her up! Like I said, PM me if you want further discussion on what would be prohibited on these public threads.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links