Angry dad attacks, chases naked teen from daughter's bedroom

This is a discussion on Angry dad attacks, chases naked teen from daughter's bedroom within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Angry dad attacks, chases naked teen from daughter's bedroom | floridatoday.com | FLORIDA TODAY Angry dad attacks, chases naked teen from daughter's bedroom ASSOCIATED PRESS ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Angry dad attacks, chases naked teen from daughter's bedroom

Thumbs down Angry dad attacks, chases naked teen from daughter's bedroom

Angry dad attacks, chases naked teen from daughter's bedroom | floridatoday.com | FLORIDA TODAY

Angry dad attacks, chases naked teen from daughter's bedroom

ASSOCIATED PRESS • September 12, 2008

DELTONA — An angry Deltona father whacked his teenage daughter’s boyfriend with a metal pipe after finding the boy naked in his daughter’s room.

Authorities say Raul Colon, 45, didn’t even know his daughter had a boyfriend or that the youngster had been sneaking into the home for more than a year.

When he heard noises coming from his daughter’s bedroom Thursday morning and saw a stranger standing naked on the girl’s bed, he swung a metal pipe. He then chased the teen out the front door and called police.

The boy was taken to the hospital where doctors closed a head wound with staples.

Colon was charged with aggravated battery on a child and bonded out on $10,000.
    All I can say is "Wow!"

If a naked guy is in my house and I didn't know who it was,
    he is likely to get shot.

OTOH, if my SA is THAT bad, I probably deserve to be charged with something. But, last time I checked, stupidity or lack of awareness is not a crime.

Sheesh.
    Last edited by miklcolt45; September 12th, 2008 at 08:07 AM. Reason: clarity
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

2. Remove Ads

How dense does this guy have to be to not know that a stranger has been sneaking into his daughter's bedroom FOR A YEAR???!!! I think there is more to the story than what is written.
    Mr. President: They didn't die for open borders.

If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you are reading it in English, thank a soldier.

VIP Member
    I wonder how old this "victim" is...

It seems odd to me that the father was charged, if it was as simple as "I saw a naked stranger in my daughter's room and was afraid that he was there for nefarious purposes." There aren't many folks who wouldn't take a swing at a naked stranger in their daughter's room, are there?

I don't think a Volusia County jury will convict, unless there is a whole lot more to the story (but isn't there always?)
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    WOW where did the metal pipe come from. Let see "Standing on his daughter bed naked...I am thinking rape and someone is getting shot and then the daughter is getting and when I found out she let him in. Guess I had better set some money aside for a Bail bondsmen........ I with you Fixintu.....how could this be going on a year...
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

If this was me, and it was TRULY unknown for a year that this was going on, and I walk in to my daughter's room to find a naked male I'm either shooting or slipping a round house to the spine as I would assume the worst.

Guess I'll set up a bail fund myself since I have 2 girls. Worst case, if my teachings work, they'll have money for college.

I do think there is more to this story than we know right now though.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Always more to the story, always.

As far as situational awareness goes; I work shiftwork so I can see that if this guy is a second or third shifter that this could have been happening and he could be clueless. All it would take is for them to skip being together on the nights he is home and it could have gone on forever. They may have just slipped up and forgot that he was home that night.
    But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself...
    "Baa."
    LTC(RET) Dave Grossman

Revolutionary War Veterans Association Shooter Qualification: Cook

If a homeowner comes upon an uninvited stranger committing (perceived?) nefarious acts in his home, how does Florida's castle doctrine not apply? There are at least three sets of the relative truth here- from the father's POV, the daughter's POV, the boyfriend's POV; then there is the absolute truth, which is never known.
    Vis consili expers mole ruit sua.
    -Horace

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    At least two sides to this story.

You would hope a hormone-saturated teen would have sense enough not to be engaging in what Ton Loc called "The Wild Thing" in sweetie's bedroom with sweetie's daddy right there in the house.

But jakes (human and turkey) aren't known for having a great track record when it comes to overriding their heads with their brains. Many of us have been there (though in my case it would have been so long ago it would have been a stone club or a mastadon femur instead of a pipe since plumbing hadn't been invented yet).

The boy is quite lucky he didn't get shot - - not for dissing the household-- but as a threat. A naked man I don't know in MY house is very likely to be very quickly shot as a safety measure, and I'm not asking a whole lot of questions before busting caps.
    "...bad decisions that turn out well often make heroes."

Gary D. Mitchell, A Sniper's Journey: The Truth About the Man and the Rifle, P. 103, NAL Caliber books, 2006, 1st Ed.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post
    If a homeowner comes upon an uninvited stranger committing (perceived?) nefarious acts in his home, how does Florida's castle doctrine not apply?
    Assuming a friend of a member of the family is specifically invited into the home, though the head of household may not know of it, how does Castle Doctrine and use of lethal force apply?

Then again, in a darkened room what's to distinguish a rapist from a hormonal boyfriend, if the two act the same when confronted and the same "rape of a minor" statute applies?
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I cant beleve charges got filed.... Now lets see what the grand Jury does with them. Florida has some screwey laws it seems

Wow, glad I have a son. I don't think that the charges will stick personally. And hard to say why the dad didn't know the boyfriend was coming over for a year. Don't know how big the house is or what the work/sleep habits are of the family.

I do know that if my son is ever caught in this situation, he will be getting a from me and the other father as well.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Remember the good old days when the boy's parents would apologize for their son being in the house w/o permission and for being in the daughter's room, and then they'd kick their son's ass?

I miss the good old days.

BTW, when I was 15 or 16, I jumped out a window to avoid an unexpected returning parent. Had I gotten my butt beat, it simply would have been "the price of admission" to their daughter's room. And I could've counted on a 2nd round of that at home. And it would have been totally appropriate.
    When in doubt, just ask yourself, "What would Theodore Roosevelt do?"

Every society is 3 missed meals away from anarchy.

Senior Moderator
    This is where a TASER would have come in handy.

Just explain to him in a nice slow voice why you are zapping him every 15 seconds. After a few minutes of this, he will surely get the point.

Minor marks, no injury, and if it comes back on you, you could say that he was resisting, that you though he was raping your daughter.
    Its all in articulation.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Hummmm...I have a different opinion. The boy was obviously (I think for the past year it sounds like) an invited guest by the daughter. Does that now make him a trespasser? Curious on the ages (statutory rape)...but for the charges, I suspect it will be plea bargained.

I do have to chuckle on those that want to linch the boy...and nothing said about the girl. And some might give him a medal for pulling a hat trick...

Rick

There are at least three sets of the relative truth here- from the father's POV, the daughter's POV, the boyfriend's POV; then there is the absolute truth, which is never known.
    As they use to teach us in class there are 3 truths:

Perceived truth
    legal truth
    absolute truth

And the only one that really counts is the legal truth

The rest you live with

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links