GOOD: Tx man shoots intruder. may not be charged

This is a discussion on GOOD: Tx man shoots intruder. may not be charged within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; FOXNews.com - Texas Man Kills Home Intruder With His Own Gun - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News BLUE MOUND, ...

Thread: GOOD: Tx man shoots intruder. may not be charged

FOXNews.com - Texas Man Kills Home Intruder With His Own Gun - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

BLUE MOUND, Texas When two gunmen smashed through the glass front door of her suburban Fort Worth home, Kellie Hoehn didn't think twice.

The 34-year-old mother of two grabbed a shotgun that had been pointed at her face early Wednesday, starting a struggle that ended with one intruder killed with his own weapon and another in the hospital.

"I wasn't going to let them get to my babies," she said, recalling the moment when she pushed up the muzzle of the shotgun, pointing it away from her children's rooms.

Although the intruders told her to keep quiet, she screamed for her husband. She told her 12-year-old son, who was awakened by the sound of the shattering glass front door, to get his 5-year-old sister and hide.

"It was like a horror movie," her husband, 32-year-old Keith Hoehn, told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. "I thought I was a dead man. We're fighting for our lives."

With Kellie Hoehn clinging to the weapon's muzzle, her husband tackled the man who held the shotgun. She knocked the intruder in the head with a jar candle, giving her husband a chance to wrest the shotgun.

By then the tussle had spilled out onto the front lawn. Keith Hoehn shot one of the men who had a pistol, police said. Wounded, that man ran away.

Then the intruder who initially had the shotgun charged Keith Hoehn.

Kellie Hoehn told The Dallas Morning News that she screamed at her husband, "Shoot him, shoot him, shoot him."

Her husband fired the shotgun and the man fell to the ground. Then the shot man lunged a second time.

"Well, I shot him again, and I guess that was it," Keith Hoehn said.

Dakota Scott Benoit, 20, of Richland Hills, was pronounced dead at a hospital. John Garland Pierson, 25, of Haltom City, was in critical condition and in police custody at the hospital.

"I am not happy that someone is dead," Kellie Hoehn said. "But I am glad that my family is alive."

Police said Pierson was shot in the left arm and the bullet pierced his diaphragm and other organs but his condition was improving. He will face charges of burglary of habitation with intent to commit another felony, police said.

Investigators say the couple were just defending their family and probably won't be charged.

The home owners do not deserve to be charged. IMHO they deserve a medal for their actions.
    One should never confuse good fortune with good training.
    Illegitimus Non Carborundum.
    In God we trust.

I Agree 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Old Chief View Post
    The home owners do not deserve to be charged. IMHO they deserve a medal for their actions.
    The sad part about all this...The family home is now filled with the memory of taking someone's life...

Sponsored Links