Bad and Stupid: Police Hunt For AK47 YouTube Gang (UK)

This is a discussion on Bad and Stupid: Police Hunt For AK47 YouTube Gang (UK) within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; YouTube Weapons Video Ban: Gang Terrify Motorists With AK47 Rifle | UK News | Sky News Police are hunting a gang who filmed themselves terrifying ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad and Stupid: Police Hunt For AK47 YouTube Gang (UK)

Bad and Stupid: Police Hunt For AK47 YouTube Gang (UK)

YouTube Weapons Video Ban: Gang Terrify Motorists With AK47 Rifle | UK News | Sky News

Police are hunting a gang who filmed themselves terrifying motorists with an AK47 rifle.

YouTube has now banned all videos glamourising weapons

The yobs - who recorded the disturbing footage on mobile phone and posted it on YouTube - are seen laughing as one screams: "I kill you all!"

The clip, posted by someone with the user name fittysmiffy, takes place in a country road lined with luxury houses.

The 55-second video - said to have been taken in High Wycombe, Bucks - was spotted after YouTube vowed to ban videos featuring weapons.

The Google-owned site introduced the ban for the UK only amid widespread unease about gang violence on Britain's streets.

It said any video clearly "showing weapons with the aim of intimidation" will be taken down, and Home Secretary Jacqui Smith hailed the move as a "real step forward".

However, YouTube has pointed out that the ban is not retrospective, and videos like this one posted prior to the change will only be removed if reported now.

The footage - which is being investigated by detectives at High Wycombe police station - begins with a gangly youth walking down a garden path.

He has a scarf pulled over his face and is brandishing what appears to be a folding butt AK47 rifle.

His friends egg him on as he walks out into the road and points the weapon at an oncoming car.

Another gang member shouts out: "I kill you all - I kill you now!" as the terrified driver spots the rifle.

The youth points the gun at another car, which screeches to a halt. The gang then run from the scene, laughing.

Examining the footage, arms expert Justin Bosanquet said: "The weapon appears to be a folding butt AK-47 or AKM variant.

"The 7.62mm x 39mm round it fires would pass easily through any car door or window, killing the occupant.

"The folding butt version was the most popular with paramilitary groups like the IRA because it is most concealable."
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

2. Remove Ads

Kids do a lot of what they do nowadays just because of the internet. For notoriety, and to be somebody. I've seen the videos of those punks shooting paint balls at the public and getting laughs. It may be funny among their peers, or for themselves, and quite frankly- a large portion of today's youth don't really seem to care about anyone but themselves, or even what happens to them because of the internet. The internet can make anyone bigger than they are, make someone they are not, and reach millions of people in an instant! It's a disease, and it's growing daily. Stop the madness,

Maybe these kids will be caught.

If someone ran out in the road in front of me with a rifle, I would hit the gas, and if they didn't move, sucks for them.

I will not tolerate ANYBODY pointing a gun at me. Simple as that.

And, I hope youtube doesn't take all the positive gun videos down, lot's of good viewing on there.
    ~Mike
    Glock 17, Dale Fricke Archangel, Wilderness Tactical belt.
    My Guns and Tattoos Blog

For a country with such strict controls, I wonder how these kids get hold of such weapons anyway.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by JonInNY View Post
    For a country with such strict controls, I wonder how these kids get hold of such weapons anyway.
    Just proves the saying, "If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns."
    ~Mike
    Glock 17, Dale Fricke Archangel, Wilderness Tactical belt.
    My Guns and Tattoos Blog

I think that rifle might be an air soft one, can't really tell with the low quality of the video.

Senior Moderator
    So the UK is banning videos of guns now, next no guns on TV, then in theaters.

If we pretend that guns don't exist maybe they will go away
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    So the UK is banning videos of guns now, next no guns on TV, then in theaters.

Yeah, I'm dismayed at any censorship.

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    I'm going to be keeping my eye on mine....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

We have a big problem with both the gang's and the knee jerk reaction to stop them.
    You can be arressted for carrying a knife which has a locking blade..
    But for the guns, illegal guns are everywhere, and very cheap to hire or buy
    very sad,can't wait to move away

PondJumper... Couldn't agree with you more.
    Have a "friend" who has a "friend". Such friend now has a business in one of the former eastern bloc counties, pal went over there for a short holiday and his friend took him to a market where one could buy a full auto AK for about $200 with magazines and ammo.
    Now our American friends have proberly never travelled across the "ditch" (English Channel)
    numerous ways of crossing (Tunnel, Boat, etc) and most times only a slight curious look at what you have in your car.

Interestly I went to Le Harve in July via Newhaven, they decided to pull me over (I drive a seated Van) and take a "look"
    The Security guy (not "real" immigration) asked "did we have any knives on us"?
    I gave him a *** look and said "what do you think? we are self catering in a house in France for a week"
    He gave a grunt and let us procede!!!

They you go.
    And just having read the Saturday Daily Mail, the stupid SOB's that make up the Police Authority are complaining that Essex's Police Chief Constable is too good at nicking people and its not a good use of resouces!!

You cannot make this Stuff up!!!!

Keep up the good fight and remember Labour (UK) = Democrates (US)

Tint Bob
    Last edited by Tint Bob; September 20th, 2008 at 05:43 AM. Reason: Missed word

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rmac58 View Post
    Yeah, I'm dismayed at any censorship.
    Yeah, isn't that unconstitutional?

Wait...

This from the comments section from: YouTube Weapons Video Ban: Gang Terrify Motorists With AK47 Rifle | UK News | Sky News

Those yobs won't be laughing when some motorist aims his motor vehicle right at them and runs their butts down. And it would be perfectly justified as self-defence. That's what I would do to anyone stupid enough to jump out in front of my car with a gun. They might try to make me eat lead, but they'll eat the words "F.O.R.D" in my grille first.
    Easy decision, A hoodie is standing in front of my vehicle with a weapon. I have to asume he is going to use it.If I stop I could get shot, same if I swevrve around him. I am going to accelerate and hit him as hard as I can.
    I'd have to agree.

All I did was hit refresh. Site problems apparently.

I have to tell you that in this wonderfull country called England, if you did aim your car at scum with an AK, the police would arrest you, charge you with murder or attempted murder, put you in jail, and if you are lucky, your case might be heard in some 18 months time!!!!

We don't have the luxury of being able to defend ourselves, the law is very "grey"

Tint Bob

UK

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links