A gun would have saved them the struggle..

This is a discussion on A gun would have saved them the struggle.. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; [FORT WORTH] - A Mercedes (Tx.) man who had broken into a house in the Fort Worth area, has been killed by the owners of ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By goldshellback

Thread: A gun would have saved them the struggle..

[FORT WORTH] - A Mercedes (Tx.) man who had broken into a house in the Fort Worth area, has been killed by the owners of the home. 44-year-old Heradio Ibarra was beaten and stabbed to death following a bloody fight with the husband and wife homeowners that lasted about 45 minutes. Tarrant County Sheriff's investigators say Ibarra broke into the rural home Saturday night carrying a pipe, a hatchet, and an unloaded gun. A violent struggle broke out, and moved from room to room, until Ibarra collapsed and died from his injuries. The homeowners were treated for cuts and bruises. Authorities say Ibarra had recently moved from Mercedes to Fort Worth, and did not have a criminal background.

These folks need to invest in a handgun. They are lucky the bandit didn't load his gun or they would be at the morgue and the bandit would be back in the valley never to be found.

Reminds me of that basketball player that was killed when he confronted two thieves with a machete and ended up getting shot in the groin and bleeding out in front of his wife and child while they waited for the police (that are "only" minutes away) to arrive.

I am glad these people fought back. I do believe that the police give bad advice when they tell you to give in.
    You do not think the 9mm is effective? Then let me shoot at you.

Senior Moderator
    Unarmed against a guy with a pipe and a hatchet? They're lucky to be alive.

The residents may now understand the true role of a handgun in self-defense - maybe they'll buy one now.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Tangle View Post
    Unarmed against a guy with a pipe and a hatchet? They're lucky to be alive.

The residents may now understand the true role of a handgun in self-defense - maybe they'll buy one now.
    Or maybe they'll buy two, and a shotgun, and and and...

Either they had good situational awareness and used their advantages (knowing the floorplan, where improvised weapons could be, etc...), or the BG was even more of an idiot than most BGs. One way or the other, they got lucky as . Or maybe the husband was 6'5 / 290lbs and they left that out of the article.

Here's hoping it was an eye-opener for not just them, but their entire community.

Peace,
    Pete Zaria.
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
    - Margaret Mead

"Booger Hook Off the Bang Switch" - unknown

45 minutes? That's a LONG time to be 'getting busy' with a home invader.

Musta been a tag-team event.
    8th ID likes this.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post
    45 minutes? That's a LONG time to be 'getting busy' with a home invader.
    I was think'n the same thing. At my age I'd last about 5 minutes, its a good thing the 1911 and Rem. 870 are handy.

Hopefully, this homeowners have learned a lesson...a dangerous lesson...perhaps they have signed up for a sidearm SD course by now?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I dunno... if someone broke into my house, sure, the first reaction would be to get the gun and handle the situation. But I may enjoy taking a little extra time to beat the crap out of them before finishing them off...
    Better to die quick, fighting on your feet;
    Than to live forever, begging on your knees.

That was Sean Taylor, he played football for the Washington Redskins.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

I would be utterly terrified to face a man with a hatchet. No doubt the adrenaline rush from the terror would make for a pretty fast draw n' fire on my part. Let's face it ... you see a tomahawk you know you better act fast.

Ron & Jill, Randy, Julie - Full Episode: I Survived Full Episodes and Videos - Biography.com

I'm a little late to the game, but here's an episode of the couple describing their ordeal on Biography Channel's "I Survived". The husband mentions that they kept a handgun in the house, but it was inaccessible during the attack. And after they got Ibarra pinned down, they realized his gun was empty the whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by RobotPanda View Post
    Ron & Jill, Randy, Julie - Full Episode: I Survived Full Episodes and Videos - Biography.com

I'm a little late to the game, but here's an episode of the couple describing their ordeal on Biography Channel's "I Survived". The husband mentions that they kept a handgun in the house, but it was inaccessible during the attack. And after they got Ibarra pinned down, they realized his gun was empty the whole time.
    I saw that show also. I think the 911 operators are psycho in this country. They favor the criminals. The 911 operator was telling the victim to not harm this guy anymore. That was BS advice. This guy was a danger until he was permanently subdued. The husband was bleeding profusely. He could have passed out and left them both vulnerable again. The only way to prevent this Mexican scumbag from harming them again with certainty was to take him out. I'd have stabbed him in the spine and left him a cripple.

It reminds me of another 911 operator that was on the phone with a young mother who had a gun but was in fear for her life because a crazed man was trying to break into her home depite her telling him she had a gun. The 911 operator only said do what you have to do to protect you and your baby. But, if she waited until the guy broke into the house many things could go wrong. the gun could jam, She could miss and they are both dead. It would be needlessly riskin her life to let him break in and then shoot. The 911 operator should have told the younf mother to start blasting through the door to maximize best outcome for the mother. When home invasion is occuring the homeowners have the right to maximize their chance of survival even if it means certain death or high morbidity for the intruder. There is no reason to risk one's self for a scumbag intruder.

If I was the 911 operator I'd be telling the lady to keep stabbing until he stops moving. That minimizes their risk.

I was frigging estatic to see the Mexican scumbag died at the scene. What a totally worthless piece of trash. We don't need this scumbag wasting our air. I hope he was burned and his ashes were flushed into the sewer.

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennisjim123 View Post
    I saw that show also. I think the 911 operators are psycho in this country. They favor the criminals. The 911 operator was telling the victim to not harm this guy anymore. That was BS advice.
    Agreed. Their favorite advice is "go somewhere safe until the police arrive" regardless of the situation.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Links