Armed Clerk Kills Robbery Suspect

This is a discussion on Armed Clerk Kills Robbery Suspect within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I drove through Kansas City for the first time ever just a few weeks ago. I'll have to say I was extremely unimpressed at what ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Armed Clerk Kills Robbery Suspect

I drove through Kansas City for the first time ever just a few weeks ago. I'll have to say I was extremely unimpressed at what filth-ridden and run down city that was.

The store clerk did the right thing and that city has one less thug.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    I'm waiting for the grieving family of the "victim" [that's facetious, folks] to cry to the news media "but he was such a *good* boy..."
    Beat me to it.
    Sports star. After school tutor. 18yr old father of two.
    drival, drival, drival....
    This is the law;
    The purpose of fighting is to win.
    There is no possible victory in defense.
    The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either.
    The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental. - John Steinbeck

Good for him. Another BG taking a nice long dirt nap!
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by lance22 View Post
    I drove through Kansas City for the first time ever just a few weeks ago. I'll have to say I was extremely unimpressed at what filth-ridden and run down city that was.

The store clerk did the right thing and that city has one less thug.
    Did you go strait through on I-70 or I-35? You lose some time but get better neighborhoods if you run around the outside.

This local doesn't venture inside the I-435 loop very often. (Not that it's all bad, I just manage to not need to.)

Quote Originally Posted by technobro View Post
    Did you go strait through on I-70 or I-35? You lose some time but get better neighborhoods if you run around the outside.

This local doesn't venture inside the I-435 loop very often. (Not that it's all bad, I just manage to not need to.)
    Took the freeway that goes through the city and right by the arches. There was no sign of life until we were about 12 miles out from the city.

Police said a man was robbing the store at gunpoint when one of the two clerks pulled out his own gun and shot him in the neck.
    It's good to read about a person who had a plan and put it into action at the right time...but a single shot to the neck in a potential gunfight? Either he does a lot of practicing with his carry weapon and was very close, or he was very lucky, I'm happy it turned out the way it did, but it could have gone south in a hurry, sounds like he may have been trying for COM and flinched, or was trying for a head shot with a DA trigger and dropped the barrel at the long end of the trigger pull, either way he was able to obtain the necessary results.
    The first time you aren't armed and prepared may be the last time you wished you were.

Someone ought to tell that newspaper to do a retraction on the 100th homocide of the year. That's once again biased reporting, they're trying to make it look like the clerk overreacted, when in actuality he probably saved lives and taxpayer dollars taking out the garbage.
    "The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, not such merely as are used by the militia, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree..."
    Nunn v. State GA 1848

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    On the second link provided by the OP -- did anyone else check the comments on this? Wow, they were more gung-ho about this than we are!
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links