Good - Another Angry Dad and Naked Guy

This is a discussion on Good - Another Angry Dad and Naked Guy within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Angry 64-yr old dad finds would be rapist in daughter's room. Throws down with him and after a long struggle, ends up apparently choking him ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Good - Another Angry Dad and Naked Guy

Angry 64-yr old dad finds would be rapist in daughter's room. Throws down with him and after a long struggle, ends up apparently choking him out. Although the guy did have a heart condition, so hard to tell which killed him. A bit more effort than shooting him, but no messy cleanup either!

Home Invader Dies In Struggle With Father Of Intended Victim - Indiana News Story - WRTV Indianapolis

Partial story
    "A man who police said broke into a home with the intention of sexually assault a 17-year-old girl in her bedroom died early Sunday morning after a struggle with the girl's father.

David Meyers (pictured), 52, was pronounced dead at the scene shortly after officers arrived following a report of a home invasion in the 3500 block of West 79th Street at about 3:20 a.m.

Officers said they found Robert McNally, 64, on the floor with his arm around the neck of Meyers, struggling to hold him down.

When officers told McNally he could let go, they found that Meyers was unresponsive. Medics who were called to the scene then pronounced Meyers dead.

Indianapolis police Sgt. Matt Mount said Meyers had come into the home naked, except for a mask and latex gloves.

"He had rope, had a knife, had condoms, had a gag," Mount said."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
    ...Meyers had come into the home naked, except for a mask and latex gloves.

"He had rope, had a knife, had condoms, had a gag," Mount said."
    Pretty hard to claim innocent motives with a situation like that. Well... that and he's dead.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Senior Member Array MilitaryPower's Avatar
    Great job, I guess. At least he won't be hurting anybody else, except for the lasting hurt of the mental health of the father and daughter. It's a shame how people can do such things to hurt others (and be so stupid).
    Gun control can be blamed in part for allowing 9/11 to happen.
    "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum" (Latin)- "If you want peace, prepare for war".

Dad can take on Ken Shamrock..

Dad wanted to use his new MMA or UFC moves...

Glad it turned out ok.

Proof that you never know when something bad is going to happen.

to the dad.
    ~Mike
    Glock 17, Dale Fricke Archangel, Wilderness Tactical belt.
    My Guns and Tattoos Blog

Another dad doing what dads are supposed to do protect their family. The way the story says the guy was still struggling when the police arrived should keep the dad from getting an excessive use of force charge.
    But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself...
    "Baa."
    LTC(RET) Dave Grossman

Revolutionary War Veterans Association Shooter Qualification: Cook

Another screwed up sentence...served only 10 years of a 20 year sentence....

Too bad for the dad...glad the perp is dead.
    It's too bad that the perp didn't suffer...extensively...before he died.

Of course, OMO.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Good job for the dad doing what the legal system wouldn't do: protect his daughter from this punk. I'm glad he is gone from society. We have no use for people who will do such things.

I suppose now the rapist's mom will be saying "he was such a good boy."

If the father ends up with legal bills, I'll contribute to his defense fund if I can find a way.

VIP Member
    Dad just taking out the trash....

Senior Member Array AirForceShooter's Avatar
    But the Dad who found a naked guy in his daughters room and bashed him in the head with a pipe is facing charges.

Go figure.

AFS
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at

Daddy took care of business. At least the tax payers won't deal with him any longer.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

I know it is not popular but sometimes when a henious crime is committed I woner what in the world could cause the person to do what they did. When a mother kills her children I know that sometime in the past she loved them but what kind of hell did she go through that made her do the things she did. Then I com across the truly bad person that is just mean and had every chance in the world to stop. This seems to be one of those cases and I have no sympathy for him.

The results of the police investigation will be turned over to the Marion County Prosecutor's Office, but it is unlikely charges will be filed, police said.
    And yet another of those lines that begs me to ask why charges would even be a consideration. Naked, mask, knife, rope, latex gloves, condom & a gag -- does anyone think this guy was an invited guest?

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Eh, that's just PR 101. That's just the normal CYA phrase in case something comes out later.

Local news said the family was renting the house from the perp's uncle. Creepy. Also said police believed his actions were justified and don't plan to file charges.
    "Lord, help me to be the person my dog thinks I am."

What is more scarring, having killed a man in defense of your family or having to fight a naked man in defense of your family?

Glad the Dad didn't hesitate and did the right thing. Now I hope he goes and gets a shottie so he can handle this from a better distance if it happens again.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links