GOOD - when a restraining order isn't enough

This is a discussion on GOOD - when a restraining order isn't enough within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Man killed after armed woman with restraining order opens fire Man killed after armed woman with restraining order opens fire | LOCAL NEWS | Local ...

Thread: GOOD - when a restraining order isn't enough

GOOD - when a restraining order isn't enough

Man killed after armed woman with restraining order opens fire
    Man killed after armed woman with restraining order opens fire | LOCAL NEWS | Local Breaking News from AZFAMILY.COM & KTVK 3TV - Arizona's Family
    06:36 PM Mountain Standard Time on Sunday, September 28, 2008
    PHOENIX - A man is dead after trying to break into a woman's home and she opened fire on him.
    According to police the woman had a restraining order against the man although their exact relationship is unclear.
    Investigators say around 2:30 Sunday morning that man forced his way into the woman's house near 40th Avenue and Thunderbird and she was prepared
    A police spokesperson tells 3TV, “The victim basically armed herself and when the suspect broke into the house the victim fired several rounds.”
    Police said the woman will most likely not face any charges. The suspect's identity has not been released.

2. Remove Ads

Good for her, I hope there are no lasting negative affects for her.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    I just don't get these reporters. "likely no charges.."

anyways go to her.

Agreed, but as stated in the post about the Dad who killed a naked sex offender it is a PR (CYA) move. Still sucks that they have to say that, or feel that they have to.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

He got what he was asking for and deserved ,I wish more of these situations ended up this way instead of the guy thumbing his nose at the law and beating or killing the victim
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I like how they did NOT refer to the victim as the suspect and the suspect (who was shot) as the victim.

I always hate reporting like: carer criminal/serial kiddy raper was the victim of a shooting last night. The suspected shooter who claimed to have shot the victim in self-defence while the victim was alegedly breaking into the window of the suspects 5 year old daughters room, may not face charges thanks to the states new "shoot first and make my day while I stand my ground" law...
    "The price of freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness." -Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    Agreed.......well said!
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

UPDATE: Monday morning
    PHOENIX -- Police have identified the man killed in a confrontation at a woman's home Sunday, and they say there was a history of violence there.
    According to police, Terry Milburn, 45, went to the victim's house near 40th Avenue and Thunderbird Road at about 2:30 Sunday morning.
    The woman, whose name has not been released, refused to let Milburn into her house and called 911. While she was on the phone, Milburn broke a window and forced his way inside, police said.
    Investigators said Milburn then followed the woman to her bedroom where she shot and killed him.
    While the exact relationship between the two is not clear, police said the woman had a restraining order against Millburn and that there was a history of violence between them.

VIP Member
    Good for the victim! I hope she gets through this ordeal quickly.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

VIP Member

Here's one that didn't end well.

Go to CBCNews.ca - Breaking News, Canada, World, Health, Business, Entertainment and do a search in the top right corner for Peter Lee. You'll be linked to several stories. Here's a guy that had tried to kill his wife by ramming her side of the car into a tree. She had a restraining order but that didn't stop him from killing her, her parents, his son, and then himself with the knife he was prohibited from carrying. This guy was client of mine, spent quite a few hours with him. Sad.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

For the lazy here is the link the GB references above; Sunny Park feared being killed, newly released video shows

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

VIP Member

Thanks Janq

I'm too stupid to know how to do that.
    There are also other stories about the events on cbc.ca.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

I like the way Ted Nugent puts it...he doesn't like repeat offenders, he like dead offenders...the exact category this dirtbag falls into.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

The lady done good.

Links