Lucky: British Teen Cheats Death

This is a discussion on Lucky: British Teen Cheats Death within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Some pictures just speak for themselves. Breaking News | Latest News | Current News - FOXNews.com...

Thread: Lucky: British Teen Cheats Death

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

Lucky: British Teen Cheats Death

Some pictures just speak for themselves.

Breaking News | Latest News | Current News - FOXNews.com
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

2. Remove Ads

Yeah he was defending another youth against a mugger. It was a good segment on FOXNews this morning.

They caught the bad guy.

Wow is right.

Cool

So Lucky!
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    But I thought crime is a non-issue there. They took away all the guns and afterall, the British are a more civilized society.....................
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    The UK is truly a lost cause. Here is a story I read earlier today:
    Police confiscate walking stick from retired teacher, 78, because it is an 'offensive weapon'

Sticking point: Philip Clarkson Webb has had to use his spare stick after his other one was confiscated by police

They must have known he was a troublemaker the moment they saw him.

With his white hair, wax jacket and glasses, 78-year-old Philip Clarkson Webb clearly ticked all the boxes any eagle-eyed policemen would mark as 'danger'.

And as he shuffled along the pavement towards them there was one thing above all they deemed to pose a threat - his walking stick.

The officers surrounded the retired classics teacher and informed him the 3ft wooden cane was an 'offensive weapon' and had to be confiscated.

Mr Clarkson Webb duly handed it over, but the farce did not end there.

When he later went to collect it from his local police station in Southborough, Kent, with his police receipt, he was told it had been misplaced.

It took a string of phone calls for Kent Police to finally admit they had lost it and to offer to buy him a brand new one.

Mr Clarkson Webb was caught up by overzealous policing at a climate camp environmental demonstration in Kingsnorth last month.

He was not one of the activists at the climate camp but merely paid a visit to attend a seminar on trade energy quotas.

The police stopped him and confiscated his walking stick as he approached the site where dozens of policemen, some in riot gear, where stationed.

Mr Clarkson Webb said: "At the bottom of the lane Kent Police officers confiscated my stick as an offensive weapon but gave me a receipt and promised to return it.

"But later when I produced my receipt and asked for the stick it was curtly refused.

"Since that date there have been three different telephone conversations. They've lost the stick even though it had a numbered receipt."

Mr Clarkson Webb has received an apology from the poilce but they still haven't found his stick

Mr Clarkson Webb, who is currently using his spare stick, said: "What this shows is that the efficiency of the police leaves a lot to be desired.

"In total the policing for this climate camp cost the taxpayer 6 million. It was a disgraceful waste of taxpayers' money."

Medway MP Bob Marshall Andrews criticised the police for being "provocative and heavy handed" and said the vast majority of the people at the climate camp were "thoroughly decent people".

Kent Police Assistant Chief Constable Allyn Thomas has apologised

He said: "We are sorry we have not been able to return Mr Clarkson Webb's stick and we have apologised to him directly.

"During the climate camp there was a considerable amount of activity and our officers and others from around the country who supported Kent Police had to make swift decisions as part of policing the protestors.

"Any complaints that are made will be looked into thoroughly."
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by G96X0 View Post
    Yeah he was defending another youth against a mugger.

He will probably have charges filed against him for trying to defend the other youth.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Luck doesn't begin to describe... I'm not a deeply religious person but dang, that kid must have had an angel watching him that night.

He's in the hospital and in "excellent" condition, expected to make a full recovery and be released soon, according to the article I read.

Peace,
    Pete Zaria.
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
    - Margaret Mead

"Booger Hook Off the Bang Switch" - unknown

With a stab wound this dangerous the dirtbag who did this will probably be put on probation for 2 or 3 weeks...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Head on apply directly to the forehead...for large knife wounds.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    LOL!

damn dude is lucky.

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

I agree with goawayfarm But its not only UK but also half of Europe , Incl Ireland where I am originally from. There is simply no discipline left in society, when my two late teen kids visit Europe people cannot understand, that they stand up when adults enter a room , greet people , give a seat to an elder etc.
    I cannot take all the credit its just the society that we live in.. we simply do not accept bad manners,, was in England for a year in the 90s, taking a train home in the afternoon, old age pensioners , and school kids 12 -16yrs, Language from kids loud and bad , ( I was an Infantry NCO so know bad language) asked the kids to keep it down as old ladies were present , almost got mugged by about 10 kids, only for verbal intervention of old dears I might have been in trouble if kids had knife, just wished I had a bat , never mind a firearm. To much councellors and not enough peopel saying No and meaning it to their kids when they are small, a smack now can also go a long way

Links