Good: Pizza delivery guy shoots robbers...

This is a discussion on Good: Pizza delivery guy shoots robbers... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This is my neck of the woods. Only about 2 miles away. This place had a delivery guy killed some years back and just yesterday ...

Thread: Good: Pizza delivery guy shoots robbers...

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar

This is my neck of the woods. Only about 2 miles away. This place had a delivery guy killed some years back and just yesterday some thugs tried to roll another one of their delivery guys. This time however there was a special delivery of some hot lead to go along with the hot wings.

This just in...

The Pizza Finals

Delivery Guy 3

Dirtbag Robbers 0

Final Score...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Good job.

I'd tip him good!
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    Robbery gone good.
    "...bad decisions that turn out well often make heroes."

Gary D. Mitchell, A Sniper's Journey: The Truth About the Man and the Rifle, P. 103, NAL Caliber books, 2006, 1st Ed.

You know with all these stories of pizza drivers being attacked, these guys should be able to get CCWs in MD and NJ, just like armored car drivers do. It seems like stats may make them a more likely victim than alot of other people.
    "The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, not such merely as are used by the militia, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree..."
    Nunn v. State GA 1848

how long do you think it'll be before he gets fired?

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Siafu View Post
    This is my neck of the woods. Only about 2 miles away. This place had a delivery guy killed some years back and just yesterday some thugs tried to roll another one of their delivery guys. This time however there was a special delivery of some hot lead to go along with the hot wings.
    Here is a follow-up story to the pizza delivery guy shooting I posted yesterday. Pizza deliveryman Keith Backstrom had a quick decision to make. “I scrutinized the gun, because I wanted to see if it was real,” Backstrom said later. “It was too dark to tell, and it came down to him or me. “So I made it him, rather than me,” Backstrom added.

I find it interesting that the delivery guy exercised presence of mind to examine the robbers gun before making his decision to defend himself. I think that demonstrates the differences between "them" and those of us who lawfully carry concealed to defend ourselves or our families.

Here is another interesting tid-bit: Thursday night’s shooting once again underscored the tremendous risks of being a delivery person.
    “What’s the most dangerous job in the U. S.?” Erie County District Attorney Frank J. Clark asked Friday. “Pizza deliveryman. That’s a fact. It’s a hazardous profession.”

My city is in an economic death-spiral. The ghetto is creeping closer and closer to the shores of local municipalities that at one time had residents who kept their lawns maintained like world class putting greens. I think it is about time that as responsible New Yorkers we gather together and collectively push for the repeal of the "Sullivan Law" and once and for all restore the ability of the average person to purchase and own a handgun for defensive purposes without having to go through the exhaustive permit process. The criminal element is like a hungry monster that will consume and destroy everything in its path if it is not contained. The police here are ok but they cannot be everywhere at once. It is for this reason that I recently suggested to a local politician who was glad-handing for votes at a local social club gun raffle that instead of promoting gun buy-back programs to reduce the access to guns in the ghetto he should instead be promoting a gun-giveaway program to put guns in the hands of responsible citizens who need to defend themselves against the marauding horde of criminal vermin that terrorizes our city. Needless to say he was a little slack-jawed at my suggestion.

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    Good for this guy. Its odd... I deliver pizzas myself. I hear about robberies in our district in Maryland only. There were 3 alone in the last year. There has yet to be a robbery in PA, WV or VA... coincidence? I think not. Still, it can be a dangerous job

Yet neither article officially states where the 15yo was shot. Initial media says it was in the back, the victim states in the shoulder.

I hate the media.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Sponsored Links