Good: Party Crasher Gets Disrupted - Austin, TX

This is a discussion on Good: Party Crasher Gets Disrupted - Austin, TX within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; KXAN.com - News, Weather, Sports - Austin, TX | Robber shot by victim in South Austin AUSTIN, Texas (KXAN) - A party at an apartment ...

Thread: Good: Party Crasher Gets Disrupted - Austin, TX

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar

Good: Party Crasher Gets Disrupted - Austin, TX

KXAN.com - News, Weather, Sports - Austin, TX | Robber shot by victim in South Austin

AUSTIN, Texas (KXAN) - A party at an apartment on Oltorf Street in South Austin turned into a crime scene over the weekend.

Police got the call around 2:30 a.m. on Oct.11. The 911 caller said that "there was trouble." According to police reports, 26-year-old John Crayton robbed a number of party goers and ended up getting himself shot in the stomach.

"They heard a gunshot from inside the closet, and they wondered where the gunshot came from," said Sgt. Brian Miller with the Austin Police Department. "They opened up the closet, and Mr. Crayton jumped out. He proceeded to rob everybody inside the apartment."

There were seven people in the front part of the apartment. Police said Crayton pointed his gun at those in the room and even hit several of his victims with the weapon. All he got was a pack of Marlboro Light cigarettes and $3 from one victim.

Crayton apparently planned to exit out of back of the apartment and kicked in the door to a bedroom. Police said there were two other victims in that room, and one had a gun.

"I don't think he anticipated that," Miller said. "I don't think he anticipated anyone being there."

The victim in that room took aim and shot Crayton in the stomach.

"It was registered, he owns it and by Texas law, you have the right to defend your property and yourself," Miller said.

Crayton ran out the apartment and to his apartment, less than a mile away. An hour later, Crayton called police and reported that he had been a victim of a robbery. When police arrived, Crayton told them he had been shot in the stomach in this parking lot, which was located right outside his apartment.

Officers realized Crayton fit the description of the man who robbed those in a nearby apartment. Crayton was taken to the hospital and later arrested for robbery with a deadly weapon. The victim who shot him won't be charged.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

2. Remove Ads

"It was registered, he owns it and by Texas law, you have the right to defend your property and yourself,"

I see this statement alot in justifiable shootings. Is the weapon being registered relevant in that state? My carry gun is not registered. Most of my firearms have no paper work on them.
    In my state you don't even need a license to use a firearm for self defense.

Michael

In Texas you don't have to register your firearms and can carry as many as you can conceal,not sure where the registered gun has any relevance to a legal shooting
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    Robbery gone good.
    "...bad decisions that turn out well often make heroes."

Gary D. Mitchell, A Sniper's Journey: The Truth About the Man and the Rifle, P. 103, NAL Caliber books, 2006, 1st Ed.

MGD
    Hm, after he was shot in the stomach he "ran out the apartment and to his apartment", wonder what caliber was used or how big he is

The victim need better grouping COM.

one more for the GGs. I'm glad to see the media called them victims this time and the BG was not alleged. Guess maybe the leak he had was their sign. Not glad they had to be victimized.

The victim who shot him won't be charged.
    rolyat63
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

A gun in the hand is a million times more valuable than a cop on the phone!

FL Concealed Weapon or Firearm Program

The more I hear about TX law, the more I'm impressed. You'd think that all the TX criminals would be moving out of state...tough working conditions.

Nice shooting there, apartment dweller!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    The more I hear about TX law, the more I'm impressed. You'd think that all the TX criminals would be moving out of state...tough working conditions.
    Yes, I really miss it and look forward to moving back as soon as I can.

DON'T MESS WITH TEXANS!
    "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

Links