GOOD: Pizza Delivery Guy Defends Himself Against Three Robbers - Buffalo, NY

This is a discussion on GOOD: Pizza Delivery Guy Defends Himself Against Three Robbers - Buffalo, NY within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Armed pizza deliveryman fights off 3 robbers, wounds one : Home : The Buffalo News A pizza deliveryman fought off three robbers at gunpoint and ...

Thread: GOOD: Pizza Delivery Guy Defends Himself Against Three Robbers - Buffalo, NY

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar

GOOD: Pizza Delivery Guy Defends Himself Against Three Robbers - Buffalo, NY

Armed pizza deliveryman fights off 3 robbers, wounds one : Home : The Buffalo News

A pizza deliveryman fought off three robbers at gunpoint and shot one of them in the back Thursday night, police say.

The deliveryman, who works for Tomatoes Pizza on Kensington Avenue, walked up to the house in the 400 block of Dartmouth Avenue and was confronted by the three would-be robbers, police said. At least one of the bandits had a gun.

The deliveryman, whose name has not been released, works for the same pizza shop where another deliveryman was fatally wounded during a robbery on New Years Eve 16 years ago.

No charges have been filed in the overnight shooting and attempted robbery, as detectives continue to investigate.

Buffalo police say the deliveryman was not injured.

"He has a permit for the gun, and he apparently used it lawfully to defend himself," Buffalo police spokesman Michael J. DeGeorge said at mid-morning.

Police also have not identified the 15-year-old male who was shot once in the back during Thursday night's robbery attempt.

Following the shooting, which occurred at about 9:45 p.m., the three attempted robbers fled to nearby Shirley Avenue, where at least one of them apparently lives. The wounded teen was taken from there to Erie County Medical Center, where police said he's in stable condition.

The other two who tried to rob the deliveryman remain at large.

In the earlier attack, on New Year's Eve 1992, deliveryman Michael J. Sutfin was shot to death in a robbery at the pizzeria. The two men responsible for the fatal shooting are currently serving life sentences in prison.
    Hopefully given the past history, this guy won't have any trouble with his employer, and hopefully the other two scumbags are caught in short order.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

2. Remove Ads

Too bad he only shot one of them,At 15 if your old enough to do armed robberies your old enough to go to prison
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

The pizza shop should 'guarantee' that if you try to rob one of our drivers you will be shot and die within 30 minutes or less.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

When I lived in Buffalo a pizza delivery guy was beat to death near my apartment.

My roommate delivered for the same company too.

This was about 10 years ago.
    That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?

http://www.nevadashooters.com

That's a great story, though I've heard stories where the employer had to let their delivery guy go b/c of a no firearm policy. I think that's rediculous, considering that the element and possibility for something like this to happen is much greater for a delivery guy/girl. If the company can't ensure a secure and safe environment, they should allow their employees to protect themselves. I guess it's just a numbers thing or a CYA policy... forget about human lives

Senior Member Array digitalexplr's Avatar
    Everytime a delivery business, Pizza or otherwise, fires an lawfully owned weapon in a self-defense situation who defends him or herself, we the gun community should let that business know we will no long do business with them and why.
    NRA Life Member

Wow. How did he get a carry permit in NY? I thought it was pretty tough.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalexplr View Post
    Everytime a delivery business, Pizza or otherwise, fires an lawfully owned weapon in a self-defense situation who defends him or herself, we the gun community should let that business know we will no long do business with them and why.

100% agreed here

Quote Originally Posted by txhorns281 View Post
    100% agreed here
    +1here

Quote Originally Posted by MP45Man View Post
    Wow. How did he get a carry permit in NY? I thought it was pretty tough.
    You can get them.

I know 4 people in NY that have them. It just takes about 9-12 months, and it's entirely up to some judge to decide. If they don't want to give you one, for whatever random reason, they give you a restricted one that only lets you carry while hunting or going to the range.

Of course I'm talking about upstate NY, not NYC. Nobody in NYC can carry one.
    That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?

http://www.nevadashooters.com

Quote Originally Posted by whyipackmy45 View Post
    You can get them.

I know 4 people in NY that have them. It just takes about 9-12 months, and it's entirely up to some judge to decide. If they don't want to give you one, for whatever random reason, they give you a restricted one that only lets you carry while hunting or going to the range.

Of course I'm talking about upstate NY, not NYC. Nobody in NYC can carry one.
    I was hoping to get a non-resident one because my company merged with another that has locations in the Bronx, NY. I have to go there on occasion. Guess I just pray a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalexplr View Post
    If you really want to contact them here is their address and phone number. Could not find an e-mail address

Tomatoes Pizza - -
    1393 Kensington Ave
    Buffalo, NY 14215
    716-835-3663

Maybe should also do the reverse applaud them if they do not fire the employee
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Links