Very Bad: 1 Student Dead, 3 Wounded In Shooting Near School (Detroit)

This is a discussion on Very Bad: 1 Student Dead, 3 Wounded In Shooting Near School (Detroit) within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; BREAKING NEWS: 1 Student Dead, 3 Wounded In Shooting Near School - Detroit News Story - WDIV Detroit DETROIT -- A retaliation shooting outside of ...

Thread: Very Bad: 1 Student Dead, 3 Wounded In Shooting Near School (Detroit)

Unhappy Very Bad: 1 Student Dead, 3 Wounded In Shooting Near School (Detroit)

BREAKING NEWS: 1 Student Dead, 3 Wounded In Shooting Near School - Detroit News Story - WDIV Detroit

DETROIT -- A retaliation shooting outside of a Detroit high school Thursday afternoon has killed one student and wounded three others, said police.

Police said three boys and a girl, who is only 5 or 6 years old, were shot while walking home on Greenfield and Pembroke roads, just a few hundred feet away from Henry Ford High School on the city's northwest side.

Detroit Police Chief James Barren said the shooting was in retaliation to an incident that happened earlier in the day.

Barren said a gunman, using a high-powered rifle, drove by as the students were walking and fired several shots.

A witness told Local 4 he heard at least 12 or 13 gunshots, and then he saw one of the boys was shot in the eye. The wounded boy ran up onto his front porch, said the witness.

"To see your friends getting their heads shot off like that…it's horrible," said student Tierra McKelley.

All of the children were transported to Providence Hospital. The three other children's conditions are not known.

Police said they know who the shooter is, but they do not yet have him in custody.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Detroit police.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

2. Remove Ads

Man, that sucks. Need more info, how old was the shooter (if known). Are all 3 kids who were hit 5 or 6, or just the 2 survivors?

Sick either way. I remember, back in the day, catching up to someone later on to work it out with fists, not lead.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

If you are not willing to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them!

-Paco

Used to live in that area...many moons ago...now, there's nothing good about Detroit (pronounced: Day Twa)

Detroit is a nice place to be...FROM.

Stay armed...carry a BUG in Detroit, too!...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    Man, that sucks. Need more info, how old was the shooter (if known). Are all 3 kids who were hit 5 or 6, or just the 2 survivors?

Sick either way. I remember, back in the day, catching up to someone later on to work it out with fists, not lead.
    Caught the News headline, they said that several teens were shot...no mention of a 5 or 6 year old. Didn't see the story though, just the headline.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Latest update on the story says the victims were ages 15-16....

horrible to hear, I lived in wyandotte, MI awhile back. heard gunshots every night i went through detroit, definatly an aweful place to live. I also watched a story on the Detroit Police Chief, he goes out on patrols every night, along with his admin duties, one heck of a man. peace be with the families
    U/315
    KY Concealed Carry Instructor
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor
    "It is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs. He does not have to…[he] is entitled to stand his ground, and meet any (life-threatening) attack made upon him with a deadly weapon…." Gibson v. KY, 34SW936(Ky.1931)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler11B View Post
    horrible to hear, I lived in wyandotte, MI awhile back. heard gunshots every night i went through detroit, definatly an aweful place to live. I also watched a story on the Detroit Police Chief, he goes out on patrols every night, along with his admin duties, one heck of a man. peace be with the families
    Must've been a while ago... Isn't the current Chief a female?
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!

James Barren is the current chief
    U/315
    KY Concealed Carry Instructor
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor
    "It is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs. He does not have to…[he] is entitled to stand his ground, and meet any (life-threatening) attack made upon him with a deadly weapon…." Gibson v. KY, 34SW936(Ky.1931)

My bad, I found this that indicates that she quit just over a month ago.:

Resignation

On September 4, 2008, Bully-Cummings announced her retirement minutes after Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick pleaded guilty to two counts of perjury and resigned from office as part of a plea deal. Bully-Cummings offered to assist her successor in transitioning to the duties of Police Chief if asked to do so.

Detroit is the pit of He**.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

BAC
    Tell me I'm not the only one whose first thought was "gang-related".

-B

Most assuredly gang and drugs bet on it... Detroit the arm pit of Michigan.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

anyone find out what kind of rifle it was ?

13 shots fired from a high powered rifle, boy shot in eye and makes it to his front porch

maybe a pellet gun ?

Links