Bad: Road rage shooting fatality in Lubbock, Tx

This is a discussion on Bad: Road rage shooting fatality in Lubbock, Tx within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Bad all the way around. Shows why you should be armed at all times I guess. Sad sad. Lubbock man dies after shooting, crash | ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad: Road rage shooting fatality in Lubbock, Tx

Bad: Road rage shooting fatality in Lubbock, Tx

Bad all the way around. Shows why you should be armed at all times I guess. Sad sad.

Lubbock man dies after shooting, crash | Avalanche-Journal

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Bad deal all the way around. It appears witnesses saw the shots being fired (according to the 91 call). Can't say the victim was completely innocent though. You back into someones vehicle, then drive off. Not saying that is justification to shoot, but it is does nothing more than anger someone who is already upset.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I am trying to find the police report. Some of the other people that I have talked to about this said that the shooter pulled the pistol out and fired it and then the kid fled, but I can't verify that yet. Here is a link to a story with what the witnesses said but it may not be completly accurate.

http://www.kcbd.com/Global/story.asp...nav=menu69_1_3

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    ...Bad deal a Can't say the victim was completely innocent though. You back into someones vehicle, then drive off. Not saying that is justification to shoot, but it is does nothing more than anger someone who is already upset.
    The reports do not read that way.

They state he backed into dude and they stopped.
    To which the truck driver/shooter ran up on them as they were in their car and immediately began making threatening statements and actions toward them including brandishing a firearm.
    In my book that is good cause to bug out if at all possible.
    There mistake though was to not call the cops _immediately_ as they drove away...and to drive directly to a local police or fire station for aid and assistance.
    Also speeding through streets is fubar. But as reported the truck driving gun brandishing nut ball was shooting at them from behind as he followed so I'm sure there thoughts were toward escape and evasion at the quickest possible instance.

The turck guy is going to bite the dust for this on some variant of murder whether a round of his hit the driver or the impact with a pole killed him.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    The reports do not read that way.

They state he backed into dude and they stopped.
    To which the truck driver/shooter ran up on them as they were in their car and immediately began making threatening statements and actions toward them including brandishing a firearm.
    In my book that is good cause to bug out if at all possible.
    There mistake though was to not call the cops _immediately_ as they drove away...and to drive directly to a local police or fire station for aid and assistance.
    Also speeding through streets is fubar. But as reported the truck driving gun brandishing nut ball was shooting at them from behind as he followed so I'm sure there thoughts were toward escape and evasion at the quickest possible instance.

The turck guy is going to bite the dust for this on some variant of murder whether a round of his hit the driver or the impact with a pole killed him.

- Janq
    I didn't see anywhere in the story that states he ran up to the vehicle, threatened and brandished a gun.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I don't see anything in the story that would allow the shooter to use deadly force,It might be Texas but you just can't kill somebody for a fender bender,sounds like Torres will be learning to enjoy prison food
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Senior Member Array preachertim's Avatar
    UnControlled Anger can have you sitting alone for 20 to life. Prayers to the family. God speed
    Why Would A Preacher ever need a Gun? Its Not for the Sheep , its for the Wolves!

Springfield Armory Service XD 40
    Taurus PT 1911 45 acp Taurus PT 101, PT 92
    Ruger 22/45 Ruger P95 9mm, Ruger SR9
    Kahr CW 40, Heritage 22, Rossi 38 special

People with anger issues shouldn't be driving let alone be armed. Indeed...bad deal all around. Another senseless killing over something stupid.

This shooter is just another criminal now, certainly does not appear to be 'real' self-defense, I would think he's in big trouble.

Stay armed...control the temper...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by preachertim View Post
    UnControlled Anger can have you sitting alone for 20 to life. Prayers to the family. God speed
    Actually this was Texas. A place where uncontrolled anger can have you sitting alone in a lethal injection chamber in record time.
    64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    I didn't see anywhere in the story that states he ran up to the vehicle, threatened and brandished a gun.
    Here's part of the other story:

The story started earlier that night when Daniel Green went to Buffalo Wild Wings on West 19th to sing karaoke and hang out with friends. On the way home, Green and his friend Steven Harris stopped at the Town and Country at 19th and Milwaukee. As they left, Green accidentally backed into a truck. "Before they know it, there was a guy who hopped out and was banging on the window," said friend Sean Pace.

Friends of Green and Harris say the man threatened them with a gun, hit Green in the head with it, and pointed the gun at Harris. That's when Green and Harris got back in their car and drove away. "Steven said he didn't realize that the guy was behind him, but he heard a gunshot and looked back and saw the truck," said Pace.
    Member NRA, SAF and Georgiacarry.org
    “America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” Abraham Lincoln

VIP Member
    Ron, I didn't see that story. Can't find a link to it on the original story either. Do you have a thread for it?

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

I have read a few times of folks who have learned to control their emotions after they have started to carry. I have never understood that, maybe because I carried all my life since before we had carry laws but carrying a gun has always been is a grown up thing. If you are not a grown up don't carry a gun until you are. Learning to control your anger after you start to carry is to late IMO
    Last edited by LongRider; October 26th, 2008 at 06:36 PM.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

VIP Member
    very true, before anyone buys a firearm or considers carrying they have to get their mind right and know the laws

but to clarify....the shooter did not have a CHL, was just an idiot
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links