Hijacking goes good?

Hijacking goes good?

This is a discussion on Hijacking goes good? within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Crime and Safety Two men with shotguns tried to rob a man late Thursday in southeast Fort Worth, but the would-be victim pulled his own ...

Thread: Hijacking goes good?

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar

Hijacking goes good?

Crime and Safety

Two men with shotguns tried to rob a man late Thursday in southeast Fort Worth, but the would-be victim pulled his own gun, killing one, police said.

Anthony Wilson, 27, of Arlington died at about 10 p.m. at Huguley Hospital, according to the Tarrant County medical examiner's office.

Wilson went to the hospital after the shooting, which happened an hour earlier outside a home in the 3800 block of Radford Road, according to reports. The neighborhood is southwest of the intersection of East Berry Street and East Loop 820.

Police responding to a report of shots fired at the address met with the 35-year-old resident, who said he was in his pickup outside the home when he was approached by two men toting shotguns.

The man was "forced to lie down in the street while the suspects contemplated what to do next," said Lt. Paul Henderson, police spokesman.

"One of the men," Henderson said, "decided to force (the resident) back inside his residence and told him to get up. As (he) began to stand up he retrieved a handgun that was concealed in his pants and began slinging lead at the two would-be robbers.

"One suspect was hit multiple times and immediately collapsed in the street."

The other man ran southbound from the location, Henderson said.

"A car drove by," he added, "and picked up the collapsed suspect and left the area."

Meanwhile, the hospital staff at Huguley called police to report that a man had just arrived with multiple gunshot wounds, but the man, later identified as Wilson, could not be saved, Henderson said.

Later, a 26-year-old man was brought to the hospital by a family member "to talk to police about his involvement with the shooting," Henderson said.

That man was not wounded, but he was questioned at police headquarters and subsequently arrested for an outstanding aggravated assault warrant out of Arlington, Henderson said.

"His involvement in the shooting is still not clear," Henderson said. "It is unknown if there are any others involved. The investigation is ongoing."

The man who shot the robber was not charged with anything Thursday night, Henderson said.

He noted, however, the Tarrant County District Attorney's Office can consider whether to refer the man's case to a grand jury, which is routine.
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

One died...that's great!
    The other (had outstanding warrants? Big surprize!)...lived, too bad! He'll live to rob again.

Congrats......to the Forth Worth victim...outstanding job...only points to ponder, next time...get em' both.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

Glad the man didn't die face down in the street by shotgun blast.
    You never know when that carry piece will come in handy. I'm sure he's glad he didn't keep it in his glove compartment.

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Weird. Same scenario happened near Franklin, VA Thursday night, 2 dudes w shotguns did an armed robbery in a trailer park. Funny, a Deputy saw the suspect car leaving the park about the time the dispatcher gave out the BOL. Five minute car chase, they BGs wrecked and bailed.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Sounds like one of Obama's supports won't make it to the polls.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    One died...that's great!
    The other (had outstanding warrants? Big surprize!)...lived, too bad! He'll live to rob again.

Congrats......to the Forth Worth victim...outstanding job...only points to ponder, next time...get em' both.
    Actually, it appears that one died (collapsed) at the scene and one left (and was picked up). The one who left appears to be the one who later went to the hospital and subsequently died there. So, it was probably the driver who turned himself in & was arrested for the outstanding warrants.

At least that's the way I read it. YMMV.

I'm glad to see he wasn't charged with anything. You can never be sure these days, even with a case that seems as clear cut as this.
    The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says, "Go Away" in every language.

Fast is fine, accuracy is final. Learn to be slow in a hurry.

"I never met a man that had been in a gunfight and wished that he had a smaller gun. Ever."

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by lance22 View Post
    "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

Not sure what to say...Ha Ha comes to mind.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Quote Originally Posted by lance22 View Post
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Sponsored Links