GOOD & BAD: Homeowner Shoots Intruder After Being Shot In The Head - Indianapolis, IN

This is a discussion on GOOD & BAD: Homeowner Shoots Intruder After Being Shot In The Head - Indianapolis, IN within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Victim, intruder shot in home invasion | IndyStar.com | The Indianapolis Star An apparent home invasion left both the Near-Eastside resident as well as the ...

Thread: GOOD & BAD: Homeowner Shoots Intruder After Being Shot In The Head - Indianapolis, IN

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar

GOOD & BAD: Homeowner Shoots Intruder After Being Shot In The Head - Indianapolis, IN

Victim, intruder shot in home invasion | IndyStar.com | The Indianapolis Star

An apparent home invasion left both the Near-Eastside resident as well as the alleged intruder hospitalized with gunshot wounds, police said today.

Jason Kennedy, 25, was listed in serious but stable condition at Wishard Memorial Hospital with a gunshot wound to the head.

Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department investigators said that after being shot, Kennedy fired back at his alleged attacker, Thomas King, 29, of McCordsville. King was listed in critical condition at Wishard.

According to an IMPD news release, Kennedy and a group of friends had been sitting on a porch in the 200 block of North Eastern Avenue early today when they were approached by King and another man, and began arguing with them.

Police said the men returned to the residence about 5:50 a.m. and robbed Kennedy and one of his companions at gunpoint.

According to the news release, "it appears that King, while robbing the two individuals, pointed his gun at Kennedy and shot him in the head. Kennedy then pulled out his gun and returned fire, hitting King.''

Police found both King and Kennedy outside the residence. Investigators said they were still seeking King's alleged accomplice in the incident.
    I am impressed that Mr. Kennedy was able to critically (too bad not fatally) wound King after having been shot in the head.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

2. Remove Ads

Too bad the article doesn't give more info. For all we know they were both drug dealers and this all started over a drug deal gone bad. Sounds awfully fishy to me.
    "I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals." - Sir Winston Churchill

must of been a grazing head shot possibly small calibre but that would be too close fer comfort
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    must of been a grazing head shot possibly small calibre but that would be too close fer comfort
    Dunno about a grazing head shot, the news article stated the GG was in serious condition.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

I'll bet the bullet when all the way through the skull and not striking any grey matter...the first drug dealer lived after being shot by the second drug dealer.
    Nothing good usually happens early (2-5 A.M.) anywhere. Just another drug house robbery...let 'em then each other out.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Why would you automatically assume that this was a beef between two drug dealers, or that their was drugs involved? I don't infer that after reading the article. I would give Mr. Kennedy the benefit of the doubt until more information is available.
    Last edited by CT-Mike; October 22nd, 2008 at 07:46 PM.

- Thomas Jefferson

I can't see anything in the article to indicate that this "Mr. Kennedy" was some sort of unlawful person.
    The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says, "Go Away" in every language.

Fast is fine, accuracy is final. Learn to be slow in a hurry.

"I never met a man that had been in a gunfight and wished that he had a smaller gun. Ever."

Links