Good : Woman shot dead by police (New Zealand) - Page 2

Good : Woman shot dead by police (New Zealand)

This is a discussion on Good : Woman shot dead by police (New Zealand) within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by laeckcrov Why should someone who has killed someone once be allowed to live? Or for those of you who don't support the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good : Woman shot dead by police (New Zealand)

Quote Originally Posted by laeckcrov View Post
    Why should someone who has killed someone once be allowed to live? Or for those of you who don't support the death penalty, why should he get out of prison ever?
    There are vast differences between the various degrees of murder. Personally I don't see why more of them are not deemed justifiable homicide. Like the parents who kill their child's rapist. Why are those folks in prison? I don't care of they planned to do it for twenty years and took two years to torture them to death how is that murder? That is not what they did. I am just saying I see no wrong when a parent responds to someone who hurt their baby. Some folks live only because it is illegal to kill them I personally do not think that is the way it should be.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Quote Originally Posted by LongRider View Post
    There are vast differences between the various degrees of murder. Personally I don't see why more of them are not deemed justifiable homicide. Like the parents who kill their child's rapist. Why are those folks in prison? I don't care of they planned to do it for twenty years and took two years to torture them to death how is that murder? That is not what they did. I am just saying I see no wrong when a parent responds to someone who hurt their baby. Some folks live only because it is illegal to kill them I personally do not think that is the way it should be.
    I'm not disagreeing with you in the least bit, in fact, i agree. I was referring to heylin's mention of the charge for murder being 18 years
    The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says, "Go Away" in every language.

Fast is fine, accuracy is final. Learn to be slow in a hurry.

"I never met a man that had been in a gunfight and wished that he had a smaller gun. Ever."

Quote Originally Posted by heylin View Post
    Trust me, you would be alot safer here, as Ive said before, these things are highly rare, you are more likely to be involved in a car accident here then you are to be involved in a violent crime or even minor crime for that matter.
    :)
    What are the Maori like? In films I have seen they would appear to be a troublesome lot. They certainly have a threatening look about them, in films at least. Any trouble coming from them?

What are the Maori like? In films I have seen they would appear to be a troublesome lot. They certainly have a threatening look about them, in films at least. Any trouble coming from them?
    Per head of population they have a higher contribution to crime than europeans.

If you believe them they reckon its its because of colinization by the white people and the fact we have destoryed their cutural values.

Personally I think they just like to commit crime rather than make something of themselves (the bad ones anyway), lots of successful Maori people as well so it disproves the cultrual thing.

Every in NZ has the same opportunity and choices and there are plenty of social handouts targeted at Maori as well.

Dont even get me started in treaty settlements in the order of $200+ million a peice.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Evil prevails when good men stand by and do nothing
    --------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Guns and more View Post
    An hour later? What were they waiting for?
    To make sure she bled out!
    But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself...
    "Baa."
    LTC(RET) Dave Grossman

Revolutionary War Veterans Association Shooter Qualification: Cook

I'm not disagreeing with you in the least bit, in fact, i agree. I was referring to heylin's mention of the charge for murder being 18 years
    Figured as much though 18 years is not that bad in Washington a life sentence for first degree murder is 13 years 8 months. If first degree murder meant cold blooded vicious killing without reason than I am all for prompt hanging and a life sentence meaning until the day after they are buried. What my concern is that some that get life, like the parents I spoke of do not have it coming. IMO out whole judicial system needs to be over hauled.

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Quote Originally Posted by LongRider View Post
    IMO out whole judicial system needs to be over hauled.

There are certain cases in which these murder cases could be deemed justified, but with the legal system as it is now, we can't seem to differentiate the two. I'd personally rather see a few innocent people in jail than let the evil, guilty ones go.
    The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says, "Go Away" in every language.

Fast is fine, accuracy is final. Learn to be slow in a hurry.

"I never met a man that had been in a gunfight and wished that he had a smaller gun. Ever."

I'd personally rather see a few innocent people in jail than let the evil, guilty ones go.
    Well that is the fork in the road we differ I will always rather to error on the side of the just man. To me it is a far better thing to lets guilty man escape than to imprison an innocent man. Having had a few encounters with our legal system I am all to aware of how easy it is for an innocent man to have their whole life destroyed through no fault of their own

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links