Good: Two men shot in robbery attempt

This is a discussion on Good: Two men shot in robbery attempt within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Police: Two men shot in robbery attempt Posted by Jillian Kramer, Staff Reporter October 31, 2008 10:31 PM Police: Two men shot in robbery attempt ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Police: Two men shot in robbery attempt
    Posted by Jillian Kramer, Staff Reporter October 31, 2008 10:31 PM

Police: Two men shot in robbery attempt - Breaking News from the Press-Register - al.com

A Mobile man shot at two would-be robbers, killing one of them, when "he was accosted" tonight in his driveway, a police spokesman said.

Sgt. Marcus Young said the injured man was taken by ambulance to the University of South Alabama Medical Center, while the other man was pronounced dead at the scene, at 1050 W. Belvedere Circle off Halls Mill Road.

A man living at the residence was pulling into his driveway when he was approached by the two men, one of whom had a handgun, Young said. The men demanded money from the resident, who retrieved a handgun and shot both robbers, Young said.

The man taken to the hospital was critically wounded, said Sgt. William Reed, who responded to the scene. He said it did not appear that the alleged robbers returned fire, and the shooter was not injured.

The incident occurred about 6:10 p.m. in the neighborhood just east of Hank Aaron Stadium.

"On the face of it, under Alabama law, you have a right to defend yourself and ... if the investigation reveals that is what happened here, then no charges would be brought," said Mobile County District Attorney John Tyson Jr. "But we have to be very careful and say this is still a preliminary investigation and more must be done before a decision is made."

Wonder where he retrieved a handgun from?Do they mean he drew his weapon from concealment and surprised the thugs with some lead education
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Wonder where he retrieved a handgun from?Do they mean he drew his weapon from concealment and surprised the thugs with some lead education

This jumps out as a new word, Leaducation - that point in time between impact and the last brain wave where the BG says there's my sign. He was leaducated at the UofCCW.
    rolyat63
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

A gun in the hand is a million times more valuable than a cop on the phone!

FL Concealed Weapon or Firearm Program

I like it, BG's need to be leaducated. I wonder if any funding is available?
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    I live in Chickasaw, AL (North Mobile area) - just posting to get any updates that come in on this one.
    LGSracer - I see your from the bayou. My Dad was from there. Anyone around there whose last name is Nelson is probably kin to me.
    For God, Family and Country!

Congrats to an alert victim.
    I like the 'leaducation' term...could grow to be a popular term.
    More people need to be alert and ready for just this type of crime.
    Good outcome, for sure.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Update

Deadly Halloween night
    shooting

Last Edited: Friday, 31 Oct 2008, 11:49 PM CDT
    Created On: Friday, 31 Oct 2008, 9:18 PM CDT
    Derica Williams
    Charissa Cowart

Deadly Halloween night shooting | Fox10tv.com

Video: Deadly Halloween night shooting | Fox10tv.com

Video: Robbers Shot On Halloween In Mobile - Mobile Police Home Invasion Halloween Shooting Robbers Shot - WKRG.com (doesn't work with opera)

MOBILE, Ala. - Police say two robbery suspects were shot, one of them was killed. It happened on Belvedere Circle West. The shooting happened while it was still daylight. Police said the victim arrived home to find two suspects, one armed with a gun, waiting to rob him.

That's when police say the victim pulled out a gun of his own and began to fire at the suspects on his property. Nearby residents were rattled. For them, it was unnerving because kids were outside trick-or-treating.

"I was sitting in my living room, heard the shots come outside, my husband saw the man running down the street shooting at the guy, shooting at the car, we saw the car pass by," said a neighbor.

Police said the victim shot the two suspects, one was killed and the other was injured. Witnesses say they saw a black car, believed to be a Malibu, speed off with two other suspects inside.

The injured suspect was taken to USA Medical Center and listed in critical condition. As for the victim, police say the District Attorney will decide what charges, if any, will be filed against him.

Quote Originally Posted by lgsracer View Post
    Deadly Halloween night
    shooting

Last Edited: Friday, 31 Oct 2008, 11:49 PM CDT
    Created On: Friday, 31 Oct 2008, 9:18 PM CDT
    Derica Williams
    Charissa Cowart

Deadly Halloween night shooting | Fox10tv.com

Video: Deadly Halloween night shooting | Fox10tv.com

Video: Robbers Shot On Halloween In Mobile - Mobile Police Home Invasion Halloween Shooting Robbers Shot - WKRG.com (doesn't work with opera)

MOBILE, Ala. - Police say two robbery suspects were shot, one of them was killed. It happened on Belvedere Circle West. The shooting happened while it was still daylight. Police said the victim arrived home to find two suspects, one armed with a gun, waiting to rob him.

That's when police say the victim pulled out a gun of his own and began to fire at the suspects on his property. Nearby residents were rattled. For them, it was unnerving because kids were outside trick-or-treating.

"I was sitting in my living room, heard the shots come outside, my husband saw the man running down the street shooting at the guy, shooting at the car, we saw the car pass by," said a neighbor.

Police said the victim shot the two suspects, one was killed and the other was injured. Witnesses say they saw a black car, believed to be a Malibu, speed off with two other suspects inside.

The injured suspect was taken to USA Medical Center and listed in critical condition. As for the victim, police say the District Attorney will decide what charges, if any, will be filed against him.
    Charges? The guy should get a prize, a trophy, and some extra ammo as a reward.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I believe he should be able to recoup the cost of the ammo he leaducated the guy with from his family
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I can see it now - a new gummint program, "no felon left behind"...

Good for him! Nice to see her was able to gain the upper hand, even after being surprised himself.

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    I can see it now - a new gummint program, "no felon left behind"...
    a bit of rewording on that program.
    "every felon left behind" at the scene of the crime.

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock23MI View Post
    Good for him! Nice to see her was able to gain the upper hand, even after being surprised himself.
    I doubt if he was particularly surprised. Most of us (sheepdogs?) do a good job of being aware, and knowing what these crooks will try. I think he saw them coming and did a covert draw.
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

"my husband saw the man running down the street shooting at the guy, shooting at the car, we saw the car pass by," said a neighbor.
    I thought it was a very, very bad idea to go running off after the BGs, shooting as you went?????
    "I pledge allegiance to the war banner of the united states of Totalitaria. And to the Republic, which no longer stands, several bankers, who are now god, indivisible, with Bernanke bucks and credit for all."

Quote Originally Posted by gilraen View Post
    I thought it was a very, very bad idea to go running off after the BGs, shooting as you went?????
    Yup. In some states he would be in trouble.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links