GOOD: Homeowner Turns The Tables - North Dallas, TX

This is a discussion on GOOD: Homeowner Turns The Tables - North Dallas, TX within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Texas Homeowner Grabs Robber?s Gun, Kills Him / - Waco, Temple, Killeen Weather and News Authority (November 3, 2008)—A homeowner in North Dallas who answered ...

Thread: GOOD: Homeowner Turns The Tables - North Dallas, TX

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar

Texas Homeowner Grabs Robber?s Gun, Kills Him / - Waco, Temple, Killeen Weather and News Authority

(November 3, 2008)—A homeowner in North Dallas who answered his door Sunday night to find a man pointing a gun at him killed the would-be-robber.

Police say the resident grabbed the man’s handgun and used it to shoot the would-be robber.

A second would-be-robber escaped on foot.

The homeowner wasn’t injured, but the man he shot later died at an area hospital.

Names of the homeowner and the victim were not released.

Police Senior Cpl. Kevin Janse told The Dallas Morning News that the resident “was protecting himself."
    I love a story with a happy ending, except that the homeowner and the victim are the same person, the deceased was the perp.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    Robber Shot by Homeowner In North Dallas | NBC Dallas-Fort Worth

Dallas police said two armed men came to the door of a condo in the 5600 block of Harvest Hill, and when a resident answered the door, the men rushed in to rob him.

The resident, armed with a handgun, chased the two men back out of the condo, fired a single shot that hit one of the robbers in the chest. The man was taken to the hospital where he died, the other robber got away.

Residents report crime has gone up over the past two week, and that some of the apartment complexes have posted alerts warning of the spike in crime.

Dallas police said the man opened his door believing a friend was at the door.

Police said this incident serves as a reminder that you should always be on your guard. "It is better to check to try to determine who it is knocking on your door late at night." Said Dallas police Sgt. Bruce McDonald.

The resident is not facing charges. The case will be forwarded to the Grand Jury for review.
    I am not sure if this is the same story as above. If it is, it is an entirely different version of the so-called 'facts' above.

Hard to say if they are the same or not.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

Links