Home Invasion-Phony Delivery-Texas

This is a discussion on Home Invasion-Phony Delivery-Texas within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Police caution West Enders of string of home invasion robberies By BLAIR DEDRICK ORTMANN November, 5, 2008 A rash of home-robbery cases on Beaumont's West ...

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar

Police caution West Enders of string of home invasion robberies
    By BLAIR DEDRICK ORTMANN
    November, 5, 2008

A rash of home-robbery cases on Beaumont's West End the past month has police warning residents there to beware.

In all four cases, a small white car, possibly a four-door with dark-tinted windows, was seen, according to a release from the Beaumont Police Department.

The suspects in the cases are two or three males armed with handguns, police said.

The first incident occurred Oct. 14 about 5:45 p.m. in the 2200 block of Sunflower, they said.

Two black men in blue-and-white pinstripe uniforms with short pants were looking for an address to deliver a package. The address was not a good address, according to the person who reported the incident.

The men decided to leave and got into a newer-model white Maxima with dark-tinted windows and left.

In a second incident Oct. 17, a man was left tied up after a man talked him into opening the door to check for a package that supposedly was a mixed-up delivery.

The incident happened about 4:20 p.m. in the 7500 block of Shadow Creek.

The victim was a 61-year-old man who pulled into his driveway to find saw a small white car sitting there. As he got out, he was approached by a man described as 5-foot-8 with short hair. He was wearing a brown collared shirt and a black hat. The man said there was a package mix-up at the house.

The victim said he didn't know about any package but that he would check. When he opened the door, the man and two other men wearing ski masks rushed him. He described them as 20 to 25 years old, one about 6 feet tall and the other about 5-foot-8. The first man was armed with a silver semi-automatic handgun.

The victim was tied up and robbed, with the men taking cash, a cell phone, camera and jewelry.

The third incident occurred Oct. 18 at 11:30 p.m. in the 2800 block of South Major Drive.

Someone knocked on the door of a 34-year-old man. When he opened the door, two men in plain red T-shirts and ski masks rushed in armed with blue steel revolvers.

The two men, described as 5-foot-8 and 185 pounds, beat the victim unconscious, police said. They took the victim's wallet, which had cash inside.

On Tuesday about 10:45 a.m. a female in her 40s was attacked at her home in the 4600 block of Elmhurst, police said.

The victim was getting her mail when she was rushed by two men who had been hiding in the bushes. One of them put a gun to her head and forced her back into house, where they robbed her of cash and jewelry.

She described one man as 5-foot-9 and wearing a blue shirt, jeans and a brown ski mask. The other was described 5-foot-6 inches and wearing jeans, a black T-shirt and a ski mask. The man wearing the black T-shirt had the gun.

The men left in a small white car with tinted windows.

Let's hope these dingbats keep using the same car and trying to work the same area of town. Maybe they'll get caught before anyone else gets hurt.

Sounds like in several of the cases the victim's guards were down since they thought the perps were delivery guys.

Well hopefully they will be caught soon. Or maybe they will pick the wrong home for the delivery mix up and they homeowner will stamp them with return to sender. After all God did send us originally, didn't he.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

These idiots are working the wrong state. They need to be working in Cook County - it would be much safer for them.
    The most exhilarating thing in life is getting shot at with no results.
    - Winston Churchill
    Endowment Life Member - NRA
    Life Member - GOA
    Member - Oath Keepers, SAF, CCRKBA
    U.S. Army (72G) 1975-1980

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    The more I see stuff like this, the more I want come video cameras covering my front door and yard so if someone knocks I can look and see who it is first.

There is a peephole, but it just doesn't provide enough of a view.
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

We're installing a Larson Secure Elegance barless security door. It looks like a regular storm door but has a heavy duty frame, 3-point locking system and shatterproof glass. The sales guy at Lowes invited me to kick it as hard as I could. Might as well have been plastic, it just bowed and wiggled a bit. I also figure it looking like a push-over elcheapo storm door will cause a moment's confusion as well, and a moment is all I need.

I've also started carrying always and answering the door armed. The new door will allow me to safely open the entry door to scope the situation or communicate with whomever while still having a barrier.

Links