Four men shot in north St. Louis

This is a discussion on Four men shot in north St. Louis within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This happened a few weeks ago, but thought some might find the details interesting. Not sure who were the GG's and the BG's. Four men ...

Thread: Four men shot in north St. Louis

This happened a few weeks ago, but thought some might find the details interesting. Not sure who were the GG's and the BG's.

Four men shot in north St. Louis | ksdk.com | St. Louis, MO

KSDK -- St. Louis police are investigating the shootings of four men on the city's north side Monday afternoon.

Two officers said they heard a series of gunshots around 5:30 p.m. As they searched for the origin of the shots, they found a 19-year-old victim lying on the sidewalk near the intersection of 20th and Bissell Streets. He was suffering from gunshots wounds to the chest and back.

Further investigation led officers to a nearby gangway where three other young men were lying on the ground with gunshot wounds. The youngest was 17, the others were 19 and 21. Those victims were suffering from bullet wounds to the lower body. All four victims are listed in serious condition.

Police had not identified any suspects at last check. No word yet what led to the shooting. The names of the victims have not been released.

Not much info, but I'm sure that they were not Eagle scouts working on new merit badges...and innocently attacked.
    OMO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I'm sure that they were not Eagle scouts working on new merit badges...and innocently attacked.
    Yep, certainly not choir boys.

I just quoted the story for some perspective on what it can be like around here--four young guys having a shootout in broad daylight in a residential area.

This is about 20 minutes from where I live, and my neighborhood is measurably better. But incidents like this are why I always carry a primary and backup, even at home, and favor a hi-cap. Still working on hardening my house and getting a fence in the backyard so we can get a big dog.

If you get tired of the big city Grady, Springfield isn't a bad area. However, we have noticed and increase in crime and gang activity in the past 6 years.

Quote Originally Posted by G96X0 View Post
    If you get tired of the big city Grady, Springfield isn't a bad area. However, we have noticed and increase in crime and gang activity in the past 6 years.
    Good recommendation. I grew up in the country around Springfield. Priceless. My heart is still in those hills.

However, the wife is a city girl, and if I move back to the hills, it'll be alone. So I stick it out in suburbia, hardening my castle, and biding my time.

When the urchins come, I'll be more prepared than the other city dwellers, so maybe we'll survive.

Daughter has 2 1/2 more years of high school left, so maybe after that point we'll consider moving.

Wife is a little concerned about fewer minorities in the Springfield area, but it doesn't bother me. If someone acts civilized, it normally doesn't matter to most what color you are. And for those that it does matter, just don't let them get behind you.

City life sucketh. And your winters are better. (Except for that occasional snow/ice storm that comes up through Oklahoma on I-44 and hits you, but misses us.)

We do live in a "good" neighborhood but that's always one incident away from turning bad. Plus, gotta live where the jobs are. But one of these days...

As far as the crime increasing some, I suppose that's normal. You gotta keep trying to stamp it out, though. I think Springfield has a chance to minimize it if concentrated efforts are made now. Country folk don't take kindly to criminals moving in.

Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post
    Good recommendation. I grew up in the country around Springfield. Priceless. My heart is still in those hills.

City life sucketh. And your winters are better. (Except for that occasional snow/ice storm that comes up through Oklahoma on I-44 and hits you, but misses us.)
    Grady, Springfield has a size and feel a lot like Wichita when I was a teenager, except it is in a beautiful location. I always enjoy my visits, I have family there. Plus, I am envious of you guys being able to walk past "no gun" signs.

As for weather, my neice has been trashed by nasty ice storms the last few years. When we drove up this spring, the trees on 96 looked like a tornado had come through. Otherwise, their weather is about the same as we had the day before.

Now, if you're talking about the hills, like around Seymour, I can see your wife's reservations. Once I got off the blacktop, I expected to see a moon faced kid playing a banjo.

Quote Originally Posted by ICTsnub View Post
    Grady, Springfield has a size and feel a lot like Wichita when I was a teenager, except it is in a beautiful location. I always enjoy my visits, I have family there. Plus, I am envious of you guys being able to walk past "no gun" signs.
    Yes, it is beautiful. The downside is that sometimes jobs are not plentiful in that part of the state. Regarding the "no gun" signs, it feels so right knowing we can legally protect our families in spite of a few signs to the contrary.

I miss that area, but I'm sure it's changed. I left there in the late 70's. A million memories from there. If I went back, I'd probably hole up somewhere in the country, but close enough to town to have access to better medical care and shop for guns.

As for weather, my neice has been trashed by nasty ice storms the last few years. When we drove up this spring, the trees on 96 looked like a tornado had come through. Otherwise, their weather is about the same as we had the day before.
    Agreed, the last couple years have been worse than normal for Springfield.

Now, if you're talking about the hills, like around Seymour, I can see your wife's reservations. Once I got off the blacktop, I expected to see a moon faced kid playing a banjo.

Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post
    I just quoted the story for some perspective on what it can be like around here--four young guys having a shootout in broad daylight in a residential area.
    Dang - and here I was thinking Charles Bronson was back in town!

Sponsored Links