'Bama-LSU argument led to couple's deaths

This is a discussion on 'Bama-LSU argument led to couple's deaths within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; FOX Sports on MSN - COLLEGE FOOTBALL - Cops: 'Bama-LSU argument led to couple's deaths EVERGREEN, Ala. (AP) - Authorities say an argument over Saturday's ...

Thread: 'Bama-LSU argument led to couple's deaths

VIP Member

Angry 'Bama-LSU argument led to couple's deaths

FOX Sports on MSN - COLLEGE FOOTBALL - Cops: 'Bama-LSU argument led to couple's deaths

EVERGREEN, Ala. (AP) - Authorities say an argument over Saturday's Alabama-LSU football game led to the shooting deaths of a couple at a home in southern Alabama.

Prosecutors identified the victims as Dennis and Donna Smith of Brewton. The shooting happened about 7 p.m. Saturday at the home of Michael Williams in the rural community of Owassa.

Williams was arrested and charged with two counts of murder.

Investigators told the Press-Register newspaper in Mobile that Dennis Smith, an LSU fan, called Williams, an Alabama fan, after Alabama's 27-21 overtime win and an argument ensued.

The Smiths went to Williams home. Investigators said Smith had a pistol and Williams had a shotgun and fired. Donna Smith was a relative of Williams' girlfriend.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I like my football team, neither one of the 2 mentioned here, but to take a gun and go to someones house over it? That is just plain stupid.

Since Smith went to Williams home armed with a handgun and was shot by the home owner with a shotgun, I am guessing there is more than is being told at this point.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

2. Remove Ads

Over Alabama vs LSU?????? That defies logic.
    It's not like we are talking Texas vs Oklahoma....
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Senior Moderator
    Football dispute leaves 2 dead - al.com

Apparently alcohol was involved too.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Morons the whole of them.

But the homeowner, Williams, upon first blush appears to be in the right as he was at his own home approached by the two others as they were armed.

Personally I don't understand why people take their sports team interest to such extremes.
    So your team lost. Big woop. They'll get another chance next Sunday.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    Morons the whole of them.

But the homeowner, Williams, upon first blush appears to be in the right as he was at his own home approached by the two others as they were armed.

Personally I don't understand why people take their sports team interest to such extremes.
    So your team lost. Big woop. They'll get another chance next Sunday.

- Janq
    I agree with Janq. I am a big sports fans. Love my team (Go GATORS!).

But, if they lose, big deal.

Your team loses? My team loses? Deal with it. Some people just need to grow up. It's a game, folks.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

SEC fans are supposed to be well-bred, well-mannered Southerners (GO BIG BLUE!), we can have a healthy, semi-vicious rivalry inside the Conference but we don't to shootin' anyone...unless they're from outside the SEC (like a Duke Blue Devil or a NC Tarheel).

Just kiddin' fellers, hoop season is warming-up!
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

maybe it was because the LSU fan asked who he liked and the other guy said
    "O-Bama"

Well I guess the next step will be to deny firearms to those who like sports.

+1 Janq

Unhealthy portions of stupid for the Smiths....they showed up on the guy's (Williams) doorstep armed, and paid for that misjudgment. At least Williams should have a trial--and found not guilty.

It is sad that someone feels the need to commit violence against another over a stupid game...much less one that is watched on TV.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

This, folks, is why it's so much better to be the fan of a mediocre to "stinks-on-ice" team, like my Mississippi State Bulldogs. It allows you to build character and grow thick skin. Had this been someone calling me to gloat, I'd have had all the stats to help him make his points...

Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    Football dispute leaves 2 dead - al.com

Apparently alcohol was involved too.
    Ya' think?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I'm think'n a LOT of alcohol was involved!!

Links