Bad: Guns common threads in 7 killings in Omaha

This is a discussion on Bad: Guns common threads in 7 killings in Omaha within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Omaha.com Metro/Region Section Look out Nebraska! Omaha is coming after your guns. (I guess they can fire on there own now.)...

Thread: Bad: Guns common threads in 7 killings in Omaha

Bad: Guns common threads in 7 killings in Omaha

Omaha.com Metro/Region Section

Look out Nebraska! Omaha is coming after your guns. (I guess they can fire on there own now.)

2. Remove Ads

From what I read, it sounds like they are trying to get illegal guns off the streets, this is a good thing. Unless you are trying to bait us? In which case no bites here.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    Seemed to me that only the BG has a gun. Just walking up to the GG and opening up on them. Solution more GG need CC

I'm all for proactive enforcement of getting guns out of the hands of BG's and seeing them arrested and convicted,If every state allowed GG's the ability to arm and protect themselves from these scum then the BG's wouldn't be as brazen about shooting and robbing people
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JAT40 View Post
    From what I read, it sounds like they are trying to get illegal guns off the streets, this is a good thing. Unless you are trying to bait us? In which case no bites here.
    "Getting illegal guns off the streets" is all feel-good talk and very little in the way of action. Its what the city says to get reporters off their back. After all, actually DOING that requires arresting criminals -- finding the bad ones and arresting them and KEEPING them in jail. All that is expensive, hard, and dangerous work (and all for what? when the liberal door of justice turns around and lets them WALK).

Plus, you have to watch out for such talk (getting illegal guns off the streets) being code for getting ALL guns off the streets. It wouldn't be the first time.
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

Sorry, not trying to bait anyone. As a Nebraska CC permit holder at least Omaha and Lincoln allow CC for permit holders. Many NE cities, including where I live, have city code that prohibits CC. Makes it interesting to travel across the state! Just pointing out the stories slant that its guns, not BG's that are responsible.
    Last edited by Chimper; November 13th, 2008 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Addition

Just pointing out the stories slant that its guns, not BG's that are responsible.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimper View Post
    Sorry, not trying to bait anyone. As a Nebraska CC permit holder at least Omaha and Lincoln allow CC for permit holders. Many NE cities, including where I live, have city code that prohibits CC. Makes it interesting to travel across the state! Just pointing out the stories slant that its guns, not BG's that are responsible.
    Yes travelling through NE is quite interesting at times, especially if you venture off of I-80. I will also say that this year has been especially bad for Omaha. The Von Maur thing was terrible, and the other slayings are not helping out much either. Omaha is still rather stringent on concealed carry also. You have to register your gun with the police department in order to carry in the city. Not to mention in La Vista I believe you still can't carry due to a city law.

Distinguished Member
    Most of the shooting are happening in a "certain" side of town that no one wants to talk about.

The 12 year old that was a shooter-----well they decided it was an accident, he will be charged with something, just not what he should be.

All very sad.

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

You are missing those that think, make all guns illegal, therefore... anyone who has them.... has an illegal gun.

Links