Bad: Killed delivering pizza

Bad: Killed delivering pizza

This is a discussion on Bad: Killed delivering pizza within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Oklahoma City man killed for 2 pizzas he delivered to a run-down apartment complex. http://www.newsok.com/oklahoma-city-...headline_crime Here is the story in case the link goes bad: ...

Thread: Bad: Killed delivering pizza

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar

Angry Bad: Killed delivering pizza

Oklahoma City man killed for 2 pizzas he delivered to a run-down apartment complex.

http://www.newsok.com/oklahoma-city-...headline_crime

Here is the story in case the link goes bad:

Oklahoma City man 'would forgive' killers, friends say
    Delivery driver died how he lived — trusting others
    BY ROBERT MEDLEY and JOHNNY JOHNSON
    Published: November 17, 2008

The Lantana Apartments complex, with its shadowy parking lot and half-abandoned, boarded-up buildings, is not the kind of place most pizza delivery drivers tend to fight over for after-dark deliveries.

Featured Video
    Friends, family remember

Nov 17 Jeremy Moore, a pizza delivery man, was murdered Nov. 7 while delivering pizzas. His pastor and girlfriend remember his acts of kindness to others.
    Advertisement

But Jeremy Moore didn’t see the world the way most people do.

"He looked a little rough around the edges, but he had the most tender heart,” said his girlfriend, Jamie.

Once when staying with his brother, Moore dropped off the face of the Earth and didn’t come strolling in until 6 a.m. When his family asked what happened, he explained matter-of-factly that he had met a man who needed a ride to Amarillo. So during the night he gave the man a four-hour ride, then drove back.

Friends tried to warn him that not everyone in the world is good and delivering pizzas as a second job was dangerous, but Moore would just flash a smile of disbelief and explain he had a loving girlfriend and their 2-week-old daughter to support, and he was not about to let them down.

"He was an intelligent man, but he was just so trusting and thought the best of everybody,” Jamie said. "And when he was delivering pizzas he was thinking about providing a good life for me and Lillie and just trying to make all the money he could. He wasn’t thinking about someone killing him.”

About 6:55 p.m. on Nov. 7, Moore, who had not made the first payment on his family’s new house, made what turned out to be a bogus delivery run to a dark corner on the backside of the apartments at 7408 NW 10. He walked 50 yards to the south side of the complex where he was shot in the chest and killed.

His car was not stolen. No cash appeared to be missing. The only thing investigators could determine to be missing were the two pizzas he tried to deliver.

"Somebody was senseless enough to take his life over $42 worth of pizza,” Oklahoma City police spokesman Sgt. Paco Balderrama said.

Zonta West, 17, and Rondell Griffin, 16, have been booked into the Oklahoma County jail on murder complaints in connection with the shooting, police Sgt. Daniel Stewart said.

One resident at the Lantana who wouldn’t give his name said he did not feel afraid to live there or let his mother live there, but he said the pizza killing really didn’t surprise him either.

"I ain’t gonna lie to you,” he said. "If I’m being honest, this would probably be a good spot to pull a robbery. There aren’t many people over here.”

Gene and Shirlene Tarbox, who own G&S Printing, where Moore worked his day job, went to the funeral home to pay their respects.

As they looked at Moore — the printer’s ink stains still visible on his body — Shirley Tarbox said her husband began to get angry at the thought that someone might have actually eaten those pizzas after killing such a gentle soul.

"He said, ‘You know what makes me so mad about all this? Jeremy would forgive them,’ ” Shirley Tarbox said.

The Rev. Lance A. Schmitz, minister of social justice at Oklahoma City First Church of the Nazarene, told a story about a man in their congregation who was so grief-stricken over his wife’s death that he wore her clothing to church. Moore stood up for the man while others laughed at him, Schmitz said.

Schmitz said he stayed fairly composed, until he held baby Lillie in his arms.

"It was just an overwhelming sadness,” Schmitz said. "That baby’s so perfect, and she looks like her daddy. She’s a great baby, lots of hair just like her daddy.”
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

Jeez what a loss. Poor little girl, not to mention the girlfriend.
    "I pledge allegiance to the war banner of the united states of Totalitaria. And to the Republic, which no longer stands, several bankers, who are now god, indivisible, with Bernanke bucks and credit for all."

Wow, things like this test your faith in your fellow man.

Mr. Moore definately sounds like a good man, and I am sure he will be missed by his family, friends and the community.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    One can only pray for the friends and family touched by something like this.
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

such a shame, to take a life over something as pointless as pizzas.

my heart goes out to his family and friends.
    NREMT-B

"Dead is dead"
    "Yea, till we show up with jumper cables and drugs to debate it"

VIP Member
    Condolences to the family. Lets hope the state of Oklahoma will show their forgiveness with a lethal injection.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

a good man killed by two worthless bums.
    i hope they get many.many long years in prison.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.”
    ― Thomas Paine

Sad story about another great human being meeting up with more worthless dirtbags.
    A man in today's world has to learn to be responsible for his SD.

Stay armed...today's world in not a safe place, so stay aware...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

Death by guillotine with a dull blade is what those two deserve, but scotus will not allow the death penalty simply because of their age. I wish each member of scotus had to attend the funeral.

Does anybody know which pizza chain the guy worked for? Found it. It's Papa John's.

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

Senior Member Array preachertim's Avatar
    So sad that this happened. Over Pizza! WOW
    Why Would A Preacher ever need a Gun? Its Not for the Sheep , its for the Wolves!

Springfield Armory Service XD 40
    Taurus PT 1911 45 acp Taurus PT 101, PT 92
    Ruger 22/45 Ruger P95 9mm, Ruger SR9
    Kahr CW 40, Heritage 22, Rossi 38 special

Rev. Lance A. Schmitz, minister of social justice at Oklahoma City First Church of the Nazarene, ...
    Minister of social justice .... [holding back the urge to vomit] ... sounds like he attended one of these churches that host gun-buy backs. As sad as this incident is, perhaps there are a few people in that church who will wake up and realize that "giving the criminal what he wants" might not work when what they want is to kill you.

I don't know. I thought Nazarenes were very strict, very traditional. They probably believe going to heaven is better than self-defense.
    "I pledge allegiance to the war banner of the united states of Totalitaria. And to the Republic, which no longer stands, several bankers, who are now god, indivisible, with Bernanke bucks and credit for all."

There are those who will hold up their faith as a shield against the need to provide for their own defense. This is a case that could be used to illustrate the flaws in their thinking.

I am a man of faith. I am also a man with a small degree of wisdom. The good Lord has given us free will. That is a heavy burden on us, and one which He does not interfere in frequently. If good people were completely guarded and guided at all times there would be no sin in the hearts of the faithful, let alone the unfaithful. We may find ourselves face-to-face with our final judgement much earlier than would be the choice of the Lord above, because of the choice of someone else down here.

Most people use their faith to keep from having to look up from the pasture they are grazing in and see the wolves.
    But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself...
    "Baa."
    LTC(RET) Dave Grossman

Revolutionary War Veterans Association Shooter Qualification: Cook

Sponsored Links