Good: Sao Paolo LEO, in civy clothing, resists and stops three who mug him (Brazil)

This is a discussion on Good: Sao Paolo LEO, in civy clothing, resists and stops three who mug him (Brazil) within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Sao Paolo LEO, in civy clothing, resists and stops three during attempted mugging Preface: The following story as detailed features images of person who have ...

Thread: Good: Sao Paolo LEO, in civy clothing, resists and stops three who mug him (Brazil)

Good: Sao Paolo LEO, in civy clothing, resists and stops three who mug him (Brazil)

Sao Paolo LEO, in civy clothing, resists and stops three during attempted mugging

Preface:
    The following story as detailed features images of person who have expired and lots of blood.
    For respect of those may be squeamish about the sight of such things I will not post direct links to the images.

This is an excellent example showing how a single individual, who is armed, can be quite effective and efficient at stopping an assault upon his person even in the event of facing an amount of attackers with greater numbers than himself.
    At times people who do not understand civilian concealed carry and methodology, which comes with training, will remark that there is no point to carrying because the other guys...the bad guys....they carry guns too and will shoot you first. And/or in an event where you are outnumbered you shoot the first guy and then his buddies they shoot you.
    Well in actuality it rarely ever works out that way in truth. At least outside of TV, movies, and criminals shooting back and forth at other criminals during criminal activity meets that go sour.

In this case the victim just happened to be a law enforcement officer who wisely was carrying whilst in plain clothes/off duty. He looked to these three to be a proper 'mark' and victim like any other civilian. They were wrong in their analysis.
    The result of that error cost 2 of them their lives and a third what looks to be a pint of blood and possibly use if not retained physical attachment to his left arm.

---

"Three armed men tried to rob an San Paolo police officer (he's in civilian clothes) in front of a bank. The plan was to grasp his back pack and get away on a stolen motorcycle. The well prepared police officer shot all of them, managing to kill two at the scene. The third was shot in both arms. The weapon used was a 40 cal semiautomatic handgun."

Source - Ernie's House of Whoop Ass Dot Com

- Janq

"Be careful out there." - 'Sgt. Esterhaus', Hill Street Blues
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Nice. Work.

VIP Member
    It's São Paulo.

I saw this a few weeks ago. The details of the story are sketchy, but that's definitely Brazil, and that's almost certainly a Brazilian cop. I worked with the DOE (the "Special Operations Department") of their Policia Civil (sort of like State Police) in the Federal District quite a bit, and to a lesser extent in some of the other States. By and large, they're good cops - they have to deal with a lot of crap that we don't, and they get paid a relative pittance. Nice to see this one take his own personal "bite out of crime."

As a side note - motorcycle riding thieves/car jackers/muggers are a real threat in Brazil, especially in São Paulo... Guess these particular scumbags chose the wrong target.

ETA: Janq, you must have caught the San/São thing while I was typing! Good job...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Excellent. He stopped the robbery cold and prevented himself from getting hurt during the robbery. I also like how he didn't touch the wounded perp to render aid, but held him at gunpoint in case the perp was still a threat.

The LEO likely saved many others from being robbed by these thugs, at least 2 of them.

Someone just emailed this to me and said it was in Texas. From the background, people and signs , it doesn't look like Texas. :-)

But he was overly close in proximity to the live aggressor, for no good reason.
    back up a step or three rather than stand wide legged over top of an assumed corpse and wounded but still viable aggressor.

Also note his mode of carry and concealment; Appendix Carry...FTW.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    But he was overly close in proximity to the live aggressor, for no good reason.
    back up a step or three rather than stand wide legged over top of an assumed corpse and wounded but still viable aggressor.

Also note his mode of carry and concealment; Appendix Carry...FTW.

- Janq
    Yes, he was close. I was initially concerned about him not looking for another threat, but perhaps he assumed these guys didn't have help nearby since they came on a cycle.

As far as him standing over the wounded robber, I'm guessing his adrenaline was up very high. In one scene the wounded guy was partway sitting up looking around, so maybe the LEO wanted to insist the mugger lay flat.

Regardless of the reason, yes he was close. If the muggers had nearby help, the LEO may not have seen them due to his focus on the wounded guy. I'm not criticizing his actions--I think he did very well. I'm sure I could learn a lot from him judging on the results.

Oh, yes I did notice his appendix carry. It certainly performed well in this instance.

Excellent job on the part of the cop.
    Two more dirtbags moved from the repeat offender column to the dead offender column...Ted Nugent would approve, as do I.

We need to have this happen to a lot more 'evil doers' on a regular basis.

Stay armed...be prepared...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Very nice. 2 scum gone. Buy that Officer a drink and dinner.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

I can hear Gunnery Sgt Hartman saying OUT-STANDING!
    The bright blood says all shots were lung or artery hits... awesome!

Is it just me or does this incident give you a warm and fuzzy feeling?

[Citizen] ... resists and stops three during attempted mugging
    That's the proper result. If it ever comes down to defending myself and my life, may I still be standing and may they all be stopped.

A bit of a bummer for the families involved. Good Little Johnnie, it turns out, wasn't such a good boy. Well, he's explaining himself, now.

While I don't wish such a result for anyone, it comes to this: if you're going to play adult "games," then you're going to get an adult response.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

That motorcycle chain sure is rusty,there is nothing more criminal than poor escape motorcycle maintenance
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array lacrosse50's Avatar
    If nothing else the cop should be reimbursed for "rounds expended"

As for the perps, well....
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    -Herbert Spencer

NRA Life Member

Links