GOOD: Man Comes To Neighbors Aid - Stockton, PRC

This is a discussion on GOOD: Man Comes To Neighbors Aid - Stockton, PRC within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Recordnet.com: Man in critical condition after weekend domestic violence attack (11:37 a.m.) STOCKTON A 60-year-old Stockton man remains in critical condition in an area ...

Thread: GOOD: Man Comes To Neighbors Aid - Stockton, PRC

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar

Recordnet.com: Man in critical condition after weekend domestic violence attack (11:37 a.m.)

STOCKTON A 60-year-old Stockton man remains in critical condition in an area hospital after he was shot several times early Sunday by a neighbor trying to intervene in a domestic violence attack.

Alcide Doucet, 60, shortly after 1:50 a.m. Sunday allegedly went to the Kelley Drive home of a 43-year-old woman and kicked in the door, according to a police report. Doucet allegedly hit the woman in the head with his fists and a handgun.

A 42-year-old neighbor heard screaming and other noise coming from the woman's house and went to help, according to the report. The neighbor, who police did not identify, apparently knew of the problems between the woman and Doucet, according to the report.

Once inside the woman's home, the neighbor saw Doucet holding the woman by her hair and raising his hand with the gun in it, according to the report. The neighbor told Doucet several times to stop. Doucet allegedly turned the gun on the neighbor and fired once, hitting the man.

The neighbor returned fire with his own gun, hitting Doucet several times in the upper body.

The woman and neighbor were treated for non-life threatening wounds and Doucet was taken to an area hospital and underwent surgery for his wounds.

Doucet likely will face at least felony domestic violence and assault with a deadly weapon once released from the hospital. The neighbor will not face charges since he was defending the woman, according to police.
    Amazing that a person in the PRC can use a handgun in defense of a 3rd party and not face any charges.

Maybe there is hope for the PRC? Nahhhhhhh!
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

Senior Member Array Hydrashok Glock's Avatar
    Good find. Sad that the neighbor got injured but hopefully all will recover well. +1 for the good guy
    The choices you make today define you of who you are tommorow

When you see the light at the end of the tunnel your life is not over..... it is just about to begin

COPS Protective Services

assault with a deadly weapon
    Not attempted murder? Hmmm.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

The neighbor needs to do some more target practice...but he's a hero for helping out.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Now the neighbor can prepare to be sued by the BG, or the BG's "estate" for future loss of income, emotional duress, etc. since CA doesn't have a Castle Doctraine to forbid civil suits in justifiable defense circumstances.

After reading this story last week, I sent my new state legislator an email asking for CD in CA, with this story as a link. I explained my reasoning and how the law would currently permit the good actions to be rewarded with a civil penalty. Simply not fair or just!

Quote Originally Posted by Rivers View Post
    Now the neighbor can prepare to be sued by the BG, or the BG's "estate" for future loss of income, emotional duress, etc. since CA doesn't have a Castle Doctraine to forbid civil suits in justifiable defense circumstances.

After reading this story last week, I sent my new state legislator an email asking for CD in CA, with this story as a link. I explained my reasoning and how the law would currently permit the good actions to be rewarded with a civil penalty. Simply not fair or just!
    Good for you. Everybody in CA should do the same. They can't sue in good samaritan circumstances when rendering aid to someone injured, why should they in this kind of circumstance?
    But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself...
    "Baa."
    LTC(RET) Dave Grossman

Revolutionary War Veterans Association Shooter Qualification: Cook

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigiceman View Post
    Good for you. Everybody in CA should do the same. They can't sue in good samaritan circumstances when rendering aid to someone injured, why should they in this kind of circumstance?
    I have done the same thing with my local rep here in CT, especially in light of the horrific home invasion at Dr. Petit's house in Cheshire. I was surprised how receptive he was, considering which side of the aisle he sits on.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

Sponsored Links