A free M-4 ???

This is a discussion on A free M-4 ??? within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I could see leaving a shooting mat, maybe your gloves or cap, even your Big-gulp... but not your M-4....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A free M-4 ???

I could see leaving a shooting mat, maybe your gloves or cap, even your Big-gulp... but not your M-4.
    "Eternity is Too Long to be Wrong"

Texas CHL Instructor & Holder & Utah CFP Instructor
    NRA Instructor & Life Member
    Member TSRA, USCCA, TCHA
    Christian, Heterosexual, Pro-2A, Pro-Life, Conservative, Common Sense American

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    Just a quick question for those who think the at fault LEO should be prosecuted,

What charges should they go with?
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Just a quick question for those who think the at fault LEO should be prosecuted,

What charges should they go with?
    what charges would be brought upon a LEO that left Kilos of cocain laying around after a drug bust?
    I am sworn to protect the Constitution of the U.S.A. from all threats both foreign and domestic.

When I was in college one of the University Cops left his gun in the stall. He is now the Chief LOL

Lets see now guys what did I forget?

Keep those EBRs off the streets!

I'd love to hear this....

"Hello, sir you may remember me. I was at your house the other night.
    No, I wasn't the guy that kicked your door in, I was the one who shot your dog. Ya, sorry about that, he did look like a nice dog. Ya, I know we all look alike, dressed in black, all screaming and cursing. Anyway, I think I left something of mine here and I wonder if I could have it back?
    You know, it was black, looked sort of mean; okay, it's my assault rifle.
    Have you seen it? No, there's no reward..............yet. My boss wants me to check."

Distinguished Member Array pcon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ExactlyMyPoint View Post
    OK, so let me see if i got this straight.

SWAT team comes to your neighborhood, does their thing, packs up and leaves. Say for the sake of argument, you find a full auto M4 left behind. You pick it up so no BG gets it, call the police, they come to pick it up and YOU are in trouble??? Something is wrong here.

I don't think they'd actually prosecute you. It's just the "letter" of the law.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

Wish I had found it. Would have called the SWAT team to come and get the gun. Would have never said a word.

I don't want to sound to judgmental on one hand its a high stress thankless job ,but on the other hand ,if SWAT stands for Special Weapons And Tactics and if we can expect that he has a higher degree of training than the average Joe we should be able to expect a higher degree of responsibility. He should in the least suffer the same treatment the average Joe would be subject to . The department should also come under scrutiny. This isn't an example of oops I forgot my keys!
    Never approach a Bull from the front , a Horse from the rear or a Fool from any direction!

I wouldnt go so far as to say that he needs to be prosecuted, but he definitely deserves some strict disciplinary action from within his department. Accidents do happen, even to the best of us. I could understand forgetting a lot of things there, but an M-4? Come on now!

i can almost see how this happened. he was packing his gear went to go help with something else leaving his M4 next to his other kit rather than laid atop it. then he comes back grabs his gear bag and forgets the rifle. how can i guess this is what happened i've seen it happen to others. (imagine being a PVT E-1 and following your CO out of the defac at NTC with HIS rifle)
    "Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result."
    -Winston Churchill
    Every well-bred petty crook knows: the small concealable weapons always go to the far left of the place setting.
    -Inara, firefly

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Finders keepers is in regards to finding an item that there is no way anybody could prove was theirs,like a 20 dollar bill on the ground,Finders keepers on a select fire M4 will have you requesting soap on a rope from family members for those prison showers
    i think possession of a machine gun w/out all the proper paper work is an automatic federal life sentence.maybe they would tack on a 100yrs for a stolen one
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links