Bad: Guard fatally shoots man armed with swords at Scientology building

This is a discussion on Bad: Guard fatally shoots man armed with swords at Scientology building within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; ^^A third. Huh?...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bad: Guard fatally shoots man armed with swords at Scientology building

^^A third. Huh?

2. Remove Ads

The "swordsman" was an Oregon man. Chalk up another wonderful export from Beaver State.

Ditto on the eval. Stopping an aggressive and apparently deranged attacker coming at innocents surely seems a good thing.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    Ditto for me on the Guard having a good shoot under the circumstances...
    For God, Family and Country!

This guy should have watched Indiana Jones before venturing out with his weapon of choice.

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    Two 5 foot swords couldn't possibly hurt you. They weren't covered in the assault weapons ban right? I assume this model has a pistol grip, but does it have a blade shroud? You know, the thing that goes up?

Sword weilding man identified

He fits the classic profile for a dangerous mental patient. I can't believe he was on the streets... oh wait... yes I can he's not a drug addict or a border patrol agent.

A Scientology center's guard kills an Oregon man - OregonLive.com
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Senior Member Array f8lranger4x4's Avatar
    Sounds like a good shoot why is this labeled bad???????

Majorski, who had numerous addresses in Los Angeles County and Oregon in the past two decades, was convicted of stalking Lane County Circuit Judge Debra Vogt in June 2007 and sentenced to 24 months' probation in September 2007
    Another lost opportunity to keep a criminal in jail.

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar

"He'd dance in his front yard wearing devil's horns and all kinds of strange things when the kids were getting on the bus for school. Last week, he came out with 30 or 40 plastic coat hangers all over his arms. I didn't feel threatened or intimidated, but apparently he has an evil streak."
    I think i might feel threatened or intimidated. especially if my young kids were around?

thankfully this moron didn't have his hands on a gun. I would be curious to see if he tried...

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    Maybe he watched a little too much Kill Bill!?

Seems like a justifiable case to me.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post
    Another lost opportunity to keep a criminal in jail.
    Having had some experience with scientology, I can tell you that this guy looks all too typical. Scientology is known for using its members to harass critics and yes, even judges... Going so far as to kill pets and even, in one case, attempting to kill the judge. If their follower gets caught, the church disavows all knowledge and throws them away, often leaving their lives and relationships completely ruined.

It's a vicious cult that shreds people. They hire security because this sort of thing happens all the time. Almost always as a result of their abuse of their own members.

Scientology is a criminal organization. I would say this was "undertermined" because I'll bet you a thousand alien Xenu's that when the whole story comes out, this guy was a member who was broken, destroyed and pushed to the point of desperation.

(I just confirmed this. He was an ex-member who had taken courses that are priced in the $70-100,000 range EACH... Hence his two bankruptcy filings. He had taken an active role in harassing critics of scientology, which probably means that he was a member of Scientology's "OSA" or "Office of Special Affairs"... Some of the training he took was called "L11," which has been reported in several incidents to cause "mental breakdowns". Most notably, it happened with a gal named Lisa McPherson, who ended up dead as a result. A google search will tell you more than you want to know.)

-- Yet more info --
    It sounds like this fellow was perhaps a part of this (an article from American Lawyer magazine on Scientology's war against judges): http://www.gerryarmstrong.org/50gran...wyer-1980.html
    Last edited by BlackPR; November 29th, 2008 at 12:56 PM. Reason: added confirmation to my suspicion
    The facts are indisputable. There is more data supporting the benefits of Conceal Carry than there is supporting global warming. If you choose ignorance, in light of all the evidence, in order to bolster your irrational fear of guns, you are a greater threat to society than any gun owner.

I'm a little curious why this is labled bad as well. Exactlymypoint, and chance on some commentary?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links