Good?: Jacksonville Police shoots two robbery suspects in one night

This is a discussion on Good?: Jacksonville Police shoots two robbery suspects in one night within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Jacksonville.com Criminals need to take note of the newest shootings because officers should not have to back down when confronting or chasing violent offenders, said ...

Thread: Good?: Jacksonville Police shoots two robbery suspects in one night

Good?: Jacksonville Police shoots two robbery suspects in one night

Jacksonville.com

Criminals need to take note of the newest shootings because officers should not have to back down when confronting or chasing violent offenders, said Eddie Staton, president of the anti-crime group MAD DADS.

“We’re tired of these thugs running around robbing people,” Staton said. “The police are tired. I can understand every police officer wanting to go home to their family.”
    so far this year: 27 police involved shootings in the city, compared to 19 last year. I wonder if criminals will get the message :-/

Sure it is 'good' to see a BG taken off the street for good. But then again, it is probably not a good day for the officer involved. Luckily, so far they have all been cleared.
    I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. (Thomas Jefferson)

2. Remove Ads

I live here it's getting worse

Quote Originally Posted by hogdaddy View Post
    I live here it's getting worse
    I'm just up the road and people here are watching pretty close.

JSO is making a statement but the thugs and stupid idiots keep up'ing the ante. This ain't gonna get better soon.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

I think one news article mentioned that 4 officers got shot this year! In one of the shootings the BG did exchange gun fire with police. The other one appearently had a BB gun and pulled it on police (shot for being stupid in other words... ). The officers did well in either case.
    I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. (Thomas Jefferson)

Pat Rogers (principal of EAG Tactical, E.A.G. Tactical) was a NYC cop after his Marine days. He tells a story about shooting/killing a perp, and his bosses decided he should take two days off (with pay, of course). His said first thought was, "Gee, if I kill two bad guys, do I get FOUR days off?" Love that guy!

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Pat Rogers (principal of EAG Tactical, E.A.G. Tactical) was a NYC cop after his Marine days. He tells a story about shooting/killing a perp, and his bosses decided he should take two days off (with pay, of course). His said first thought was, "Gee, if I kill two bad guys, do I get FOUR days off?" Love that guy!
    Pretty cool dude in my book.

Maybe they're getting tired of the "catch and release" program.

I did live there, or actually Jax Beach...I moved after the neighbor called at 2am to see if we were ok, someone was trying to pry open a door. He ran when the lights went on, the police told me I should have shot him thru the window and they would not have pressed charges against me. This was 15 yrs ago so I can imagine how bad it is now.
    Not 4 yrs after I left Jax a friend and co-worker was shot and killed, shotgun at close range while picking up a drop box. The only thing the police could figure was gang initiation killing. They never caught who ever did it.
    I do not regret moving from Jacksonville
    Current collection: Too many according to the wife...

Quote Originally Posted by itschuck View Post
    I did live there, or actually Jax Beach...I moved after the neighbor called at 2am to see if we were ok, someone was trying to pry open a door. He ran when the lights went on, the police told me I should have shot him thru the window and they would not have pressed charges against me. This was 15 yrs ago so I can imagine how bad it is now.
    Not 4 yrs after I left Jax a friend and co-worker was shot and killed, shotgun at close range while picking up a drop box. The only thing the police could figure was gang initiation killing. They never caught who ever did it.
    I do not regret moving from Jacksonville
    This is only 1.5 hours away and we 'sometimes' go there. I've pointed this out on other threads, but when headed to Jax, I take my extra mag...and two more for good measure.

Jax and Orlando are growing worse by the day.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

bad guy shot or bad guy held in prison at 20,000 a year..hmmmm
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

Links