Hotel Shootings in Mumbai, India (MERGED)

This is a discussion on Hotel Shootings in Mumbai, India (MERGED) within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Latest word has it that all terrorists captured so far are Pakistani. Could be Kashmir related. Bound to do wonders for India/Pakistani relations....

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hotel Shootings in Mumbai, India (MERGED)

Latest word has it that all terrorists captured so far are Pakistani. Could be Kashmir related. Bound to do wonders for India/Pakistani relations.

2. Remove Ads

also...21 hours, 125 deaths later and NO reinforcements.

correct me if i'm off base you LEO/Military guys, but wouldn't it be time to just end this very,very forcefully.

BTW, the firearms i see being used by the good guys are mainly FALs and a few MP5s.

10 seperate locations were targeted simultaneously... a cafe, a train station, a hospital, the 2 hotels are what i've found for sure.
    I thoroughly disapprove of duels.
    If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand
    and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
    -Mark Twain

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Having anything with you to use is better than nothing.

While I'll be the first to admit that your options are limited, you can bet your last dollar that I wouldn't just stand around and watch people get slaughtered. Sure, it might be the last thing I ever did, but at least I would do it standing.My first priority would be to secure an automatic weapon.

Don't be so eager to give up the ship.
    I'm certainly not opposed to attempting to do something if there is a plausible possibility of success, but it sure sounds like it would be a suicide to go solo up against a paramilitary group which is heavily armed...

Unless you're Bruce Willis or Steven Seagal.
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Could this happen here?...you betcha'.
    This is something I am expecting over here when the time is ripe.

I, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

>>---->
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

Senior Moderator
    I'm certainly not opposed to attempting to do something if there is a plausible possibility of success, but it sure sounds like it would be a suicide to go solo up against a paramilitary group which is heavily armed...
    Probably so. But its better than dying in the fetal position.

In a case like that, what have you got to lose?
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

A side arm at least give one a chance, without one there is zero chance. As our government at all levels will not enforce it's immigration laws the chance for this to happen here becomes more serious.

Having seen the results of this carnage, Im sure you will forgive me my comment's..
    But WHEN, not if this happenas in the US, I cant help but wonder how many of the Anti gun Brigade will go screaming and crying for help from those citizen's who are armed and prepared to defend themselves and their family's.
    Surrounded and outnumbered, pass me my vest!

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by irish_ironsight View Post
    Having seen the results of this carnage, Im sure you will forgive me my comment's..
    But WHEN, not if this happenas in the US, I cant help but wonder how many of the Anti gun Brigade will go screaming and crying for help from those citizen's who are armed and prepared to defend themselves and their family's.
    No way. They'd be screaming about how the terrorists were able to get guns and how that means we need more gun control.
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar

She ran upstairs, taking refuge in the Sea Lounge restaurant with about 50 other people. They huddled beneath tables in the dark, trying to remain silent as explosions went off.

"We were trying not to draw attention to ourselves," she said.
    What kind of response is that? Is that all your average person can be expected to do? Hide under tables when men chase you with machine guns?

Indian troops raid hotels to free hostages - Yahoo! News

Probably so. But its better than dying in the fetal position.

In a case like that, what have you got to lose?
    The ability to protect your family for one. The ONLY way I would engage anyone is if my family was in danger. Even then I would seek an exit strategy first.
    ((Place funny, whitty comment here))

Senior Moderator
    The ability to protect your family for one. The ONLY way I would engage anyone is if my family was in danger. Even then I would seek an exit strategy first.
    Yep.Thats the way lots of people think.

My theory on life is that nothing happens by accident,everything has a reason.
    If I happen to be in a situation like that, with my training and background, I am not going to let people get slaughtered if I can prevent it. If I am the only one to resist while everyone else waits in fear or has an excuse not to act, so be it, thats the way its going to be.

I'm not one to wait around and hope someone steps up. If I hear the shots coming closer,you can bet 'll do my best to do something. If I get whacked in the process, at least I can look at Creator and say that I tried my best.

And ya know what? My family knows that.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

There are rumors that the NY subway system is on the hit list
    "When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the government fears the people you have liberty."

--Thomas Jefferson --

It gets me angry that here in AZ, Restaurants that serve alcohol are off limits to me to carry. Do we need another Killeen Texas - Lubby's type massacre for honest citizens be allowed to carry anywhere ?
    "When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the government fears the people you have liberty."

--Thomas Jefferson --

Depending on how many and their tactics you may be able to take them out one at a time by using cover and concealment,also even if they got automatics you play your cards right once you kill one of them you acquire his weapon and xtra mags
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Yep.Thats the way lots of people think.

My theory on life is that nothing happens by accident,everything has a reason.
    If I happen to be in a situation like that, with my training and background, I am not going to let people get slaughtered if I can prevent it. If I am the only one to resist while everyone else waits in fear or has an excuse not to act, so be it, thats the way its going to be.

I'm not one to wait around and hope someone steps up. If I hear the shots coming closer,you can bet 'll do my best to do something. If I get whacked in the process, at least I can look at Creator and say that I tried my best.

And ya know what? My family knows that.
    PLEASE don't get me wrong, I do respect your intentions. I also appreciate the distraction, while I'm making for the exit.
    ((Place funny, whitty comment here))

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links